I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

eish

If it was in the Isle of Man I can vouch that those gulls are crazy, they attack people, and motorbikes as it would seem.

Rider 1 Gull 0

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

post-2696-0-86964500-1338893377.jpg

this is flippen awesome, even if a little photoshop helps!

Is that the same brooch on both pix?

Is that the same brooch on both pix?

It seems to be

It was a wedding gift from Prince Albert.Saphire surrounded by diamonds

post-2696-0-86964500-1338893377.jpg

this is flippen awesome, even if a little photoshop helps!

So it's true that your ears and nose never stop growing.

A solar plane has landed in Morocco, completing the world's first intercontinental flight powered by the sun.

The Solar Impulse took off from Madrid and landed at Rabat's International airport after a 19-hour flight.

Shortly before Swiss pilot Bertrand Piccard landed in Rabat's airport, the project co-founder and pilot Andre Borschberg said the aircraft had proved its sustainability.

"The aircraft can now fly day and night. It's quite a show... it's a technology we can trust," he said.

Mr Piccard descended from the plane, smiling as he was greeted by Borshberg and Mustafa Bakkoury, the head of Morocco's solar energy agency.

The Solar Impulse project began in 2003 with a 10-year budget of 90 million euros ($115 million) and has involved engineers from Swiss lift maker Schindler and research aid from Belgian chemicals group Solvay.

On Tuesday, the aircraft crossed the Gibraltar Strait separating Africa and Europe at one of its narrowest points.

The flight is crucial for the project's developers because it will help improve the organisation of a world tour planned in 2013.

"The flight was absolutely wonderful but I almost did not enjoy it because I told myself that Andre and I have the responsibility to bring this aircraft to Morocco," Mr Piccard said.

The plane, which requires 12,000 solar cells, embarked on its first flight in April 2010 and three months later it completed a 26-hour flight, a record flying time for a solar powered aircraft.

It made its first international flight last month when it completed a 13-hour flight from the western Swiss town of Payern to Brussels.

With an average flying speed of 70 kilometres per hour, Solar Impulse is not an immediate threat to commercial jets, which can easily cruise at more than 10 times the speed.

A flight from Madrid to Rabat can take a little more than an hour.

Project leaders acknowledged it had been a major challenge to fit a slow-flying plane into the commercial air traffic system.

Morocco plans to award a first contract this year for 160 megawatts to be generated using concentrated-solar technology (CSP).

It would be the first step in a national plan aimed to develop 2,000-megawatts from solar energy by 2020 - 38 per cent of the country's current installed power generation capacity.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/4055546-3x2-700x467.jpg

Took this a few days ago at our warehouse.

Driver has improvised his own GPS system.

I have a globe like that in my study, but mine's 1:1 scale.

Edited by Corvus

I have a globe like that in my study, but mine's 1:1 scale.

so your study is on Magrathea

Edited by tedibear

The Venus transit as seen in the 171 wavelength. This channel is especially good at showing coronal loops - the arcs extending off of the Sun where plasma moves along magnetic field lines. The brightest spots seen here are locations where the magnetic field near the surface is exceptionally strong.