I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

any idea of the exposure time Swiss ? SUrely more than 30seconds would result in blow out ?

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

that runway has a 12% gradiant - could do some decent hill trianing there... except for the fact its only 450m or so long....

I think the planes appreciate the uphill to slowdown at landing and the downhill to accelerate on takeoff...you wont find any airbus types there

any idea of the exposure time Swiss ? SUrely more than 30seconds would result in blow out ?

I have no idea, i'm a mik n druk photographer....but according to the site I found them on

"taken using special long-exposure technology by photographer Terence Chang. All these long-exposure aviation photos were taken at night, using 5 minutes or similar time exposure"

Not if you do the aperture correctly, Slow... And there's NO additional light other than what the planes and lights in the city give out. Also have to make sure the camera isn't directly in the line of the lights, otherwise the pics will be blown out.

Why ?

Just lower the ISO and increase the aperture.

MOD NOTE: The removal of posts has nothing to do with homophobia (my younger brother is gay and I'm proud of him).

There is a clear intention to push the limits again on this thread, please don't.

MOD NOTE: The removal of posts has nothing to do with homophobia (my younger brother is gay and I'm proud of him).

There is a clear intention to push the limits again on this thread, please don't.

Actually there was no intention from me to do anything other than post something humorous. If that was pushing the limits then I am afraid I dont know Edited by facmp

and mine was not - the original pic was a little harmless grappie while mine was an indication that there is nothing wrong with pictures of two people kissing regardless of the context in which it was posted. I took some offence to my picture being moderated to be quite frank

one that note i will leave you with this brilliant picture of Debbie Harry and Chris Stein taken by renown photographer of the punk scene at that time Roberta Baylay...the phot that got her started in a career as a photo-journalist

http://toomanykisses.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/debbie-harry-Chris-Stein-kiss.jpg

Why ?

Just lower the ISO and increase the aperture.

Wyatt, if your exposure time is then in the region of 5 minutes, will the lights still not cause overly bright spots and "blow out" on the photo?

Wyatt, if your exposure time is then in the region of 5 minutes, will the lights still not cause overly bright spots and "blow out" on the photo?

No, it's all about getting the correct exposure.

Lower ISO and the darker the image, narrower the aperture and also the darker the image.

For real long shots like that an ND filter can be added to reduce light even more.

100 ISO

F22 aperture and one can do miracles as long as you have a good tripod.