I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

10 hours ago, justinafrika said:

Of course you’re right in that regard, I’ve enjoyed many massively more modest adventures as most of us here have done.  

The calibre of knowledge of the passengers-adventurers means they must have known that OceanGate’s CEO resisted all attempts to get him to have the craft classified by submersible ratings orgs like ABS and DNV and the Lloyds Registry.  It turns out quite a few clients pulled out due to safety concerns.  The Manned Underwater Vehicles Committee of the Marine Technology Society had formally written a warning letter to OceanGate that their approach “could lead to disaster”.  A The Simpson’s writer and producer said yesterday that the submersible lost all communication, among other serious technical issues, on each of his four trips on board.

I guess it will be small consolation for the friends and families that one of OceanGate’s former associates said today that the deaths will have occurred within “milliseconds” of the implosion.

so some negligence on the CEO's part to do all to ensure people are safe

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, justinafrika said:

Of course you’re right in that regard, I’ve enjoyed many massively more modest adventures as most of us here have done.  

The calibre of knowledge of the passengers-adventurers means they must have known that OceanGate’s CEO resisted all attempts to get him to have the craft classified by submersible ratings orgs like ABS and DNV and the Lloyds Registry.  It turns out quite a few clients pulled out due to safety concerns.  The Manned Underwater Vehicles Committee of the Marine Technology Society had formally written a warning letter to OceanGate that their approach “could lead to disaster”.  A The Simpson’s writer and producer said yesterday that the submersible lost all communication, among other serious technical issues, on each of his four trips on board.

I guess it will be small consolation for the friends and families that one of OceanGate’s former associates said today that the deaths will have occurred within “milliseconds” of the implosion.

I agree with you. However, I feel for the kid. The adults here were well aware of the risks and this is  in my opinion a lapse of good judgement. We all have them and but for the grace of God go I kind of thing. 

However, for the 19 year old kid I do have much empathy. This is real sad. I don’t think he fully comprehended the risks and his dad should not have subjected him to this high level of risk. I find no acceptable reason to spend 250k to see on a tv screen and a tiny porthole what I can better see on YouTube. It’s a masturbation exercise of ego. Nothing more. 

I accept that for the purposes of real investigation and research risks are taken but this was a “tourist” trip.

RIP. 

• 2 weeks later...