I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Been hunting in Jansenville,Steytlerville and Graaff Reinette and seen a few similar to this.

Addo outside PE also has a few.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's storm, Wyatt?

Awesome pic! :thumbup:

Yip, at around 19:30.

Awesome photo :thumbup:

Did you just use a slow shutterspeed and hope you get a flash of lightning?

The lightning was happening quite frequent last night but in various spots.

I took a 30 second exposure on this one and got one strike with multiples as is around 10 seconds in, I was hoping for more but nothing, it would have been nice if I got another strike after that in the same 30 seconds.

ISO 100 to keep it clean.

Narrow aperture of f 13 to not leak too much light, that's why the streetlights look like starbursts.

Just like all other teenagers, Kim had a dream to become the world's biggest superstar. Having watched Miley Cyrus grow up in the Hannah Montana character, Kim always believed she had what it took to become world famous.

Her passion was brought through in her dancing, ballet, singing and drama eisteddfods -- in which she excelled in practically all of them.

Upon being diagnosed with cancer at the end of 2010, Kim's brother Justin called up a school-friend -- Sasha Righini of The Plastics -- and asked him to allow Kim to enter their studio and record any pop song. This idea was created by the need to inspire Kim to fight the disease she had just been diagnosed with and has also been thought that such excitement would keep Kim's spirits alive.

Upon entering the studio with famous South African rock band, The Plastics, Kim immediately had her heart set on recording her very own single. It wasn't long until Pascal Righini -- The Plastics lead singer -- was writing a song for Kim.

Months had passed and Kim was finally told that her song was ready for recording. Battling to walk, and barely able to speak to anyone, she made her way to the studio where she was greeted by the entire band from guitarist to drummer to singer to manager.

A day before departing for her treatment in South Korea, Kim was asked to come back to the studio one last time to hopefully record the end of her single. Not able to leave her wheelchair, she got helped into the studio and took her place alongside the microphone. She stood on her own two feet, all alone, and reached every single high note required to make this song the special, dramatic and amazing song it is today.

What she didn't know though; two weeks later she would pass on and become an angel; overlooking her family, friends and strangers who would begin listening to this song with tears in their eyes -- but one thing is for sure, and she knew it. When the world hears her song, she'll be the super star she always dreamed of becoming.

I took a 30 second exposure on this one and got one strike with multiples as is around 10 seconds in, I was hoping for more but nothing, it would have been nice if I got another strike after that in the same 30 seconds.

Narrow aperture of f 13 to not leak too much light, that's why the streetlights look like starbursts.

I don't have any lightning photos.By the time i get he tripod out and get the camera mounted the lightning has stopped. :(

since some guys always think "below the belt"... here is one "above the tit line" :ph34r:

Need I say more... :) :ph34r:...

I made a post a few pages ago about 'Glacier Girl', well

I guess 'Glacier Girl' has an alternate meaning... :)

Ps Where did 'Bands Aids' come from..?

Other pics just as good.

Equipment specs???

posted this on the rock thread as well, but any guess's as to where this was taken ? Obviously the Karoo, but where ?

post-2696-0-07980100-1384242387_thumb.jpg

that looks like the waterfall at Nieuwoudtville?