I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

I was 6, and I vaguely remember it.

What is scary is that it feels like a lifetime ago. Think back to how long ago it was, how much has happened in your life since then. Now imagine those poor souls who had to live with it for that length of time... 

I met an East German wall jumper whilst still at school. Was fascinating talking to the old chap about life under the Stasi and how they planned their escape. I went away to places and we lost contact.

Then in early 2000 I bumped into him again, retired and living a Bohemian life style for such an old chap. 

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an ongoing OP SEC problem.  As smart devices get smarter, more accurate data, and more data points get captured.  IT only takes a clever research student to collate the data to start pulling interesting conclusions.

For instance "which is the fittest military?"

Design:  Identify a few known bases in Africa, one French, one US and One UK.  Pull the strava segments, compare the times, heart rates ext of the top ten athletes for each segment and compare.  Volia, if there is a significant diference then you have a winner.

What is unit routine? 

Plot the time and duration of each run at the base for about three months and you have a broad outline regarding when PT is done (normally before meals or after guard change).  Fill in the missing bits.

Unit perimeter? 

Runs are normally conducted just inside the perimeter of a base!

Could be a cool is a few bases embrace this and send some cool strava art into space.

Could be a cool is a few bases embrace this and send some cool strava art into space.

US Air Force pilots tend to do this with the Cem-trails of their jets.

The UK Marines did a unique fly past when they decommissioned the harriers

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/173992.jpg

Edited by Paddaman

I was 6, and I vaguely remember it.

What is scary is that it feels like a lifetime ago. Think back to how long ago it was, how much has happened in your life since then. Now imagine those poor souls who had to live with it for that length of time... 

I was 7, so vaguely remember it.

I'm sure I enjoyed the breaking of things though...

to add to this fantastic resume of life, also missed military conscription by a year or two, can't recall exactly, but it was close. 

lightie...

to add to this fantastic resume of life, also missed military conscription by a year or two, can't recall exactly, but it was close. 

december 1993

I got my call up papers in august that year, finished my matric and in the december they dropped the conscription 

US Air Force pilots tend to do this with the Cem-trails of their jets.

The UK Marines did a unique fly past when they decommissioned the harriers

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/173992.jpg

Like the gem of a human who did this! He can be my wingman anytime!

nintchdbpict000367585419-e1510943446690.

ezgif-4-796db818b3.gif

I know that feeling. A few years ago, winter surfing and we turn up at kommetjie beach. The one with the small parking, toilet and deck on the beach(surf way ). We parked in Kirsten ave and went straight in there. Man the waves were massive that day and to top it all, there was about a 5 sec window between those waves hitting the shore. 

No matter how hard I tried, I could not get past that first set of breakers, duck dive and the wave spat me out, Tried hopping over when it broke, only to be taken out by the one behind it.

After about a dozen or so tries I gave up, sat on the beach and admired the surf *sob*