I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

An ex president hawking shoes now??  

That looks like Hulk Hogan’s idea of something classy to wear to the mall.

Edit:  Just remembered that Zuma hawked socks after his disastrous stint.  “Two peas in a pod”, or should that be pees?

Speaking of sneakers, I was in Paris last week for a bit of R&R and went to a mall called Lafayette Haussmann. Mall is made up of 3 buildings. Beautiful buildings but I digress. Mall full of trendy upmarket stores and I had no place being there but wife insisted. Louis Vuitton store and sneakers, costs were upwards of 5000 euros. Who the hell buys garish sneakers for 5 grand. Are ppl meshuggah?

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

Hah!  Matt Berry’s always hilarious, I think some of his best work was in Toast of London.

If memory serves me correct, there was a thread on this here BikeHub that had to do with Audax. Too lazy to search for the thread now, so I'm posting this vid in THIS thread:

31 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Sheesh, what a sight.  Still thrilling to see even though sea rescues and medevacs in storm seas was part of our job, including the Oceanos rescue.  If I think back on how risky it sometimes was I find it remarkable how very few rescuers are ever seriously harmed or killed.  

One case I have been watching with fascination even after moving has been the case against vodacom regarding the “please call me” saga. 

latest is vodcom should pay in excess of 29 billion rand. Crazy crazy. 

Vodacom now approaching the con court. A loss there will cause them untold damage. Mind boggling really. And to be honest , if the SCA got it wrong then one has to question the ability of the SCA. Very tricky situation and all parties stand to lose 

Edited by IceCreamMan

On 1/23/2024 at 5:27 PM, IceCreamMan said:

I grew up in kempton park and my eldest was born and the now defunct kempton park hospital. I went and googled the Olympia and remember that shop well. Not sure it was the Olympia back in the day but it used to have amazing Russians and the best damn slap tjips on the planet. 

We lived just down the road from the hospital in '76/'77. It was open back then and almost new I think. Now 45 years later our friends daughter goes the the high school next door to it -Jeugland - which is where we used to catch the school bus to Sir Pierre 🙂

2 hours ago, Bonus said:

We lived just down the road from the hospital in '76/'77. It was open back then and almost new I think. Now 45 years later our friends daughter goes the the high school next door to it -Jeugland - which is where we used to catch the school bus to Sir Pierre 🙂

Jeugland, that’s right. Blue jumpers as I recall. 

i was at norkem park high. Lived in birch acres.

the hospital was a great facility, was used as a training hospital as well. State of the art facility. My eldest was born there, cost me a total of 20 rand back in 1988. ( put that in perspective I was earning bout 1100 rand in 1988) he had some complications due to his mothers and my blood types, so had a few tests done and was kept for a few days. Best 20 rand I ever spent.