Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

HI hubbers..........well if u train in heat.......just drink the tea in your bottle........i gave up on trying to keep my water cold.......42dc.......all summer.....that makes for good training ground.....northam is also stupidly hot in summer. Good luck in the argus......mabe ill fly down to do it.

When in doubt go flat out

Nice profile pic :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey

Riaan here, I used to spend every waking moment on my bike in my teens and up to beginning of varsity where I stopped after my bike was stolen.

Now many many years on I am getting ready to become a MAMIL. Busy looking at possible bikes and intend to buy for Christmas.

Hi all. I'm Dennis from Midrand. Have temporarily given up social golf for social mb. The more I read about riding, the more I'm dreading the wife will find out I will be spending even more time away from kiddie duty then golf has! Wish me luck....or till I find my wife a bike to join me! LOL!!!

This is not true. You can plan and manage your Cycle time way better than Golf time so the impact should technically be way less, even if you ride way more than you golf.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi y'all! Names Rook. I'm new to cycling so I'm bursting with (simple) questions. I have yet to a bike, gear and clothes. A total noob! I'm also looking to a cycling club in my area.

My plan is to start with road cycling and then mountain biking.. I am still deciding whether I should invest in a road bike or just buy a mountain bike and ride it on the road.

Hi Rook. welcome to a most enjoyable experience. Whatever you do, do it safely.

Sup gents, Nico here.

New to the hub and cycling. Looking at getting myself a beginner MTB bike. I have learned a lot the last week. Seems bikes are more complicated then buying cars :P

Hopefully I will get my bike soonish and get to riding.

Cheers

Welcome

For any information on anything IN THE WORLD, send Armpies/Badprop/El Capitan a message.

Flipside

Welcome

For any information on anything IN THE WORLD, send Armpies/Badprop/El Capitan a message.

Flipside

What were you smoking in your tent at Sani???? 

Hi everyone I started riding about 5 years ago as a casual rider I quickly got hooked and wanted to get more competitive I joined the young racing categories and trawled through the Hub for info and it really helped me a lot. I hope I can bring a bit of insight into the junior and elite road and track racing scene and hopefully boost participation and interest in the sport I love.