Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome,

Important things are getting the correct bike(Fit for purpose), bike setup, comfy kit, whatever you do, please do not buy compression socks. 

Most importantly, enjoy and have fun.

Next most important, strava.com :P

I would have put that at the top of the list.........

Also new to the Hub, although I've tried to sell a pair of shoes once back when I still shaved my legs. Happy new year. Moved from Joburg to Wellington. Saw Satan the other day on a single speed going up Bainskloof pass, even he was sweating like mad.

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Signed up because I'm looking for a 2nd hand mountain bike.

Budget is probably below R5000 as I don't have any gear and will have to keep that in mind.

Not too fussed about brand/wheel size/unobtainiuim frame, just a solid bike that can't handle fairly rough terrain.

Anyway, thanks for the impressive site, hopefully I can can get a bike soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Newbie.

Saffa who lived in the UK for a long time and currently back in SA for the next short while.

Cycling for 3 years now. Have done LEJOG (south to north of United Kingdom) with some mates in 2012 over 10 days. Biggest accomplishment I think cycling wise.

Now just trying to reach the magic sub 3!

PS. We are lightweights in SA ( :ph34r:) ! I felt quite proud of cycling 96km this weekend and then got home to see my mate who shared some pics of him and his bike after his club ride completed a 60mile training ride on a blistering rainy cold day in London - their races are normally 100 miles long!  :eek:  

Newbie.

Saffa who lived in the UK for a long time and currently back in SA for the next short while.

Cycling for 3 years now. Have done LEJOG (south to north of United Kingdom) with some mates in 2012 over 10 days. Biggest accomplishment I think cycling wise.

Now just trying to reach the magic sub 3!

PS. We are lightweights in SA ( :ph34r:) ! I felt quite proud of cycling 96km this weekend and then got home to see my mate who shared some pics of him and his bike after his club ride completed a 60mile training ride on a blistering rainy cold day in London - their races are normally 100 miles long!  :eek:  

We are many things, but light is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, im new here!

Fetched my first road bike today, Merida Scultura 5000 but we Upgraded the crank and brakes so its now got full Ultegra.

Going on my first ride tomorrow morning. Super keen!

Hi, im new here!

Fetched my first road bike today, Merida Scultura 5000 but we Upgraded the crank and brakes so its now got full Ultegra.

Going on my first ride tomorrow morning. Super keen!

Welcome plane^driver :thumbup:

What planes do you "drive"

1900 and kingair 200. Moving to Hong Kong at the end of the year, time to fly the big stuff!

Good stuff, so probably been contracting in Africa i guess?

Good luck with Hong Kong