Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, I'm not new - I just don't post much.

I thought I should introduce myself before I make any comments.

Welcome

Welcome to the Hub, PistolJay

I'm no expert in fact I'm quite the newbie when it comes to bikes but after some searching I found that the bike itself was made by Xtension bikes, and the model is the Xtreme. Xtension was a company based out of Germany (as evident from the only link I could find to their now dead website) but it seems that they're no longer running. I did notice that some of the later bikes had the brand Azonic who seem to no longer make any frames but do sell their own mtb parts. Perhaps they were bought over or changed branding.

Anyways that's just me messing around on the internet and I hope that it helps in some way.

Edit: The bike's model under Azonic was the Recoil.

You Sir, are a legend :clap: I'v spent almost a week trying to figure this out! Thanks again @sh3zaad

Hi all.

Charel here from the East Rand and new to MTB.

I got convinced to start mountain biking by a old friend and my brother so I finally decided to give it a go.

Used to be into motorbikes, and still do Adventure biking, but now added MTB to the hobby list.

I went on my first MTB ride out at Hakahana with my buddy about a month ago and fully enjoyed the Enduro style riding.

Also want to get into DH.

So last week I got my first bike a Mongoose Boot'r DH bike, and looking forward to start getting to know the bike and all the techniques that goes with it.

Cheers

Charel

Hi everyone, I'm not new - I just don't post much.

I thought I should introduce myself before I make any comments.

Welcome , *coughs*

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hi all.

Charel here from the East Rand and new to MTB.

I got convinced to start mountain biking by a old friend and my brother so I finally decided to give it a go.

Used to be into motorbikes, and still do Adventure biking, but now added MTB to the hobby list.

I went on my first MTB ride out at Hakahana with my buddy about a month ago and fully enjoyed the Enduro style riding.

Also want to get into DH.

So last week I got my first bike a Mongoose Boot'r DH bike, and looking forward to start getting to know the bike and all the techniques that goes with it.

Cheers

Charel

Welcome , Charel.

Hi Guys, Jarrod From Cape Town, I've been browsing the forums from time to time and do some casual MTB riding every now and then.

I decided to join to ask for some advice from the gurus here on the forum. My last bike got stolen about a year ago so I haven't had a bike for quite some time. A few nights ago my buddy was cleaning out his garage and offered me a bike he was getting ready to dump. He doesn't have much info on the bike but mentioned it needs alot of work.

Could anyone maybe identify this bike, I tried searching for DH Tension but not getting much info.

UMsmiWB.jpg

Once I've identified the make and model, I'd then be able to do some decent research before I try to restore. I'd also be able to gauge if refurbishing would even make financial sense. :blink:

Thanks Guys, would appreciate any info/help

Love the triple clamp Marzocchi. Mate of mine still running a Marzocchi Bomber on a single speed Kona.

Good luck.

Hi all, I am from Durbanville Western Cape.

Newbie to this sport. Used to ride a few trails in the UK many moons ago and still own a GT Avalanche 1.0,its about 8 years old.

I want to get into mtb and make use of what Durbanville has to offer on mtb tracks and trails.

Not looking to become competitive or anything like that right from the start. Just for having fun, enjoying the outdoors and ride with mates and family. Also to become a better rider along with way.

I Would like to purchase another mtb and make the right decision right from the start if that is possible. So I will be reading this forum as much as I can.

Cheers guys

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Newbie to this sport. Used to ride a few trails in the UK many moons ago and still own a GT Avalanche 1.0,its about 8 years old.

I want to get into mtb and make use of what Durbanville has to offer on mtb tracks and trails.

Not looking to become competitive or anything like that right from the start. Just for having fun, enjoying the outdoors and ride with mates and family. Also to become a better rider along with way.

I Would like to purchase another mtb and make the right decision right from the start if that is possible. So I will be reading this forum as much as I can.

Cheers guys

Welcome Peyperj.

Cheers guys

Welcome

Hi Hubbers,

Am Jatin from Umhlanga and am new to road cycling (did start briefly 3 years ago but stopped due to injury). Just bought a new road bike and looking to find safe routes to either ride solo or join a group ride in and around the Durban/Umhlanga area.

I ride 4-5 times a week on the trainer and want to get my fitness up to where I would like it to be. Now want to get on the road (safely)!

Just joined ECCC and hope to get riding soon.

Look forward to riding and learning from the regulars on here!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

Danny here from JHB south of Jozi. Started riding bike in December 2017 and im absolutely hooked.

Entered my first race this past weekend (Ride for Sight) had an absolute Jol and managed to finish the 62km in 1h49 min, was extremely enjoyable.

I have browsed the hub for awhile now specifically in the classifieds, some really good deals hanging around.

Anyways thanks for the welcome guys, see you on the road.

danny

Hallo ouens

Besluit om die fiets ding te doen.  Hopelik sal die sweet die moeite werd wees in gesondheid en pret.

Beste.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all - quite new to Bike Hub - anywhere I can find cyclists in my area that will join rides and training?