Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Hello Hub members,

J.J. here, new to the forum but not to bikes. I'm 50years old, grew up in Vryheid KZN, but have been living and working in Asia for many years.

Trail riding every weekend with some Zwifting thrown in to keep the fitness up.

Cheers!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have just started riding again after several years and a large part of the reason I stopped the first time around, was due to almost being knocked twice, it could be that i am just a bad rider  :w00t: , either way safety became an issue regarding traffic.

I am looking to find a group of beginners that are probably as unfit as I am :eek: and need the support and safety of riding with a group, I am in the sunninghill area and could look for any advice on joining the right cycle group

Hi 

Recently purchased a road bike and I am new to cycling.

Not sure if this is the forum to post, so if not, please forgive me :oops: 

I live in Sunninghill, and would like to ride early on Saturday or Sunday Mornings preferably in Sunninghill/Barbecue Downs, Waterfall or Paulshoff 

1) Please can I have some tips on how to become a balanced and more confident rider

2) Are there any riders, groups or clubs that I may join or would be interested to ride with me to help with the above.

Any assistance or guidance will be welcomed

Thanks in Advance

Welcome and bombs away. Enjoy riding.  Quite a few from Bloem on here.

Yip, not as rare as we sometimes seem haha

Hello there am also a newby 4 weeks in the saddle prepping for 947. Besides the chaffing and lack of fitness I am hooked. Now shop for bibs and baby bum cream

Hi

Hi boys and girls.... I'm new here. Got a mountain bike a few weeks ago with the aim of getting additional training in for my Enduro racing. However already looking at doing some MTB races next year and Sani2c probably in 2019....Enjoying the bicycle plenty already

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Hi boys and girls.... I'm new here. Got a mountain bike a few weeks ago with the aim of getting additional training in for my Enduro racing. However already looking at doing some MTB races next year and Sani2c probably in 2019....Enjoying the bicycle plenty already

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Excellent. Enjoy!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Paul and I am a total newbie to this sport and have been roped into it by my Daughter into doing the 94.7

I took up spinning early this year mainly to lose weight and now I cant believe that here I am buying my first

road bike since I was a kid.

I am now 55 years old and looking forward to getting into a fitter life style.

I have bought a Scotts Sportster S second hand as my first bike, thinking that if it bites then I can upgrade,

but if not, then it wont be too much of a loss in terms of finance.

I will be riding in the Boksburg Area, and am looking for someone / group who can teach me the rights

from wrong and be patient with this total novice who will probably be riding at the back of the pack.

When I say I am new to the sport, I have had previous experience with cyclists, as I used to marshal 

cycle races with Think Bike and Road Rangers, and I was the person who founded the Helivac Marshals

a few years ago, but that was all from the comfort of my motorbike, now I am on the more physical end

of cycling...lol

Hope to meet guys and make friends and who knows where this path in life takes me.

That's me.

Welcome . I am a seasoned bikey (65 ) and started again after a lay off of 20 years . I lam also in Boksburg ( Witfield ) and ride daily in my area (20Km ) and Saturday and Sunday i do 30km around OR Tambo leaving home at 7am . Feel free to join me . Rudy 08tree 628nil487

Edited by FirstV8

Welcome . I am a seasoned bikey (65 ) and started again after a lay off of 20 years . I lam also in Boksburg ( Witfield ) and ride daily in my area (20Km ) and Saturday and Sunday i do 30km around OR Tambo leaving home at 7am . Feel free to join me . Rudy 08tree 628nil487

Welcome and enjoy.