Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Hi,

My name is James, I live inSomerset West.

I’m new here, but not cycling. Been browsing the forum and decided to join. I have found bikehub to be entertaining and informative.

Hi there and welcome J_W_D , your definition describes Bikehub perfectly, entertaining and informative, especially on Friday's as you should know. [emoji6]

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome Gerrie, nothing wrong with a 26er GT Avalanche HT, I also stil have one, as long as you enjoy riding it![emoji1690]

Thanks, BenReaper. I enjoy my 26er with bar-ends (Am I even allowed to use the b-word on Bikehub?!)  a lot and at this moment it is not the bike holding me back :-)

I've been lurking for a while now and should probably introduce myself.

I'm Sean. I stay in the South of Jo'burg and am getting back into MTB after a long break. It feels almost like I'm starting from scratch with fitness and handling skills but I'm having lots of fun back on the bike.

I've been lurking for a while now and should probably introduce myself.

I'm Sean. I stay in the South of Jo'burg and am getting back into MTB after a long break. It feels almost like I'm starting from scratch with fitness and handling skills but I'm having lots of fun back on the bike.

Lekker Sean. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone...My name is Brent and i am from Cape Town.Member of The Bikehub for years and had never posted on forums.

I am in need of help or some direction with this question of mine...what is the protocol to report or highlight a bad seller on The Bikehub...? Apologies for asking here if this is not the platform

Cheers

Brent

Good morning everyone...My name is Brent and i am from Cape Town.Member of The Bikehub for years and had never posted on forums.

I am in need of help or some direction with this question of mine...what is the protocol to report or highlight a bad seller on The Bikehub...? Apologies for asking here if this is not the platform

Cheers

Brent

Morning Brent,

A few ways. Naturally you need to use the rating system. Depending on what happened, some guys create a thread to warn/explain and half of us get the pitchforks out and the other half get popcorn.

What happened?

Yeah Thanks for the reply Long wheel Base...

I have seen those three methods been applied,lol but wanted to know what the protocol is before i go a haywire(for a lack of a better word).

Well...my story is...Purchased an item(not revealing details as yet) on the 21st of March and not received the item as we speak with all agreements from both parties on the complete sale.Been getting lots of excuses and run arounds or ignoring my msgs for days...one being 'work is hectic' and this is the main excuse basicly.

Yes the item was not bought for many rands but just the ethics and honesty of sellers like this is what gets to me.I am sure The Bikehub has a rules or ethics code for tradong or being a member on it..and i believe there was one seller highlighted about 2 days ago aswell...just btw

Yeah Thanks for the reply Long wheel Base...

I have seen those three methods been applied,lol but wanted to know what the protocol is before i go a haywire(for a lack of a better word).

Well...my story is...Purchased an item(not revealing details as yet) on the 21st of March and not received the item as we speak with all agreements from both parties on the complete sale.Been getting lots of excuses and run arounds or ignoring my msgs for days...one being 'work is hectic' and this is the main excuse basicly.

Yes the item was not bought for many rands but just the ethics and honesty of sellers like this is what gets to me.I am sure The Bikehub has a rules or ethics code for tradong or being a member on it..and i believe there was one seller highlighted about 2 days ago aswell...just btw

There is an ethics in the classifieds thread. You might find some more info there.

EDIT: Here is the link to above thread.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I am a novice. Got a Scott Aspect 910, which is a much better bike than what I am a rider. Enjoy riding on my own. Like open gravel roads. Hate single tracks. Have not done a race (is that what it is called?), not sure if I want to. But Riding The Karoo seems lekker. 

Claim to fame: I rode from Swartberg mountain top to The Hell.  I never pushed the Scott. Made it all the way to Boplaas at the end of the valley. There is no shame (for me) in using granny gear.

Thanks for all the advice that I pick up here.

Edited by Hillie K

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Sean - lots of good advice available round here and tons of opinions often to be taken with a pinch of salt and a laugh

Hi there.

I’m Nicholas. My cycling “career” started as a kid doing BMX racing, riding for the Germiston club. It was semi successful having won a few provincial and a couple of SA’s. Thereafter punk and metal and being a pain in the @ss teenager took over and I dropped it all.

Skip forward many, many, many years and many extra pounds on the waist I decided to get back on two wheels.

Last year around November I bought a Giant Anthem because I was determined to start thrashing the trails, but found myself more often than not on the tarmac. So that led me to buying a road bike. A gorgeous Cube C62 Agree Race a few weeks ago. I have no desire to get back into competitive racing. I only really want to do the basic, "fun" rides, 94.7, Argus and the like.

That’s about it. Glad to be here and learning loads.

Cheers!

Edited by NicholasT

I also used to hate single track and I also enjoy riding on my ace. 

Out of interest have a look at: Lormar, Karoo to Coast, TransBaviaans and To hell and back if the Karoo riding tickles your fancy  :thumbup:

Hi there

I am a novice. Got a Scott Aspect 910, which is a much better bike than what I am a rider. Enjoy riding on my own. Like open gravel roads. Hate single tracks. Have not done a race (is that what it is called?), not sure if I want to. But Riding The Karoo seems lekker. 

Claim to fame: I rode from Swartberg mountain top to The Hell.  I never pushed the Scott. Made it all the way to Boplaas at the end of the valley. There is no shame (for me) in using granny gear.

Thanks for all the advice that I pick up here.

Hi there.

I’m Nicholas. My cycling “career” started as a kid doing BMX racing, riding for the Germiston club. It was semi successful having won a few provincial and a couple of SA’s. Thereafter punk and metal and being a pain in the @ss teenager took over and I dropped it all.

Skip forward many, many, many years and many extra pounds on the waist I decided to get back on two wheels.

Last year around November I bought a Giant Anthem because I was determined to start thrashing the trails, but found myself more often than not on the tarmac. So that led me to buying a road bike. A gorgeous Cube C62 Agree Race a few weeks ago. I have no desire to get back into competitive racing. I only really want to do the basic, "fun" rides, 94.7, Argus and the like.

That’s about it. Glad to be here and learning loads.

Cheers!

You enjoying the CUBE?