Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

I have been a member for a while and have been browsing and reading for quite a bit longer.

I started mountain biking in September 2020. I started on a Silverback Stride 275 MD which is an entry level 650b from Silverback. Not bad for recreational riding but after doing Big Red Barn, Hazeldean, Rosemary Hill, Wowespruit and Buffelsdrift I realized that for the type of riding I enjoy I need something more substantial.

I have since bought myself a Cannondale Rush SL and have given the Silverback to my wife who is a little less serious about the trails than I am so the bike suits her well.

We try and ride a trail at least every weekend with my two sons on their BMXes.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Been road and trail running for a few years so would like to add trail riding to the hobby list. Currently looking for a decent beginner 2nd hand bike but to me the 2nd hand market seems very wack at the moment ( no disrespect to the classified section :P ) I think I'll save up a bit more to buy something new .

Cant wait to hit the trails !!

regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Extremely new to bikes. Last time I rode was around 30 years ago! Looking to get something for riding around with my son. But I'd like to do some research first and I hear this is the forum to do it in.

• 2 weeks later...

I am from Centurion and pretty old (47) but still enjoy life and what it has to offer.

Fear not, 47 is more than young enough.

I’m 43 this year and have set more PRs in the last year than in many years before (I started racing 30 years ago). There are 47 year olds who are Strava top 10s across the board...

Hallo fellow in cyclist!

I'm not new to the sport but started putting in more time from December. Also my son is really into it now and it gives us some quality time togeter(when he waits for me).Looking forward to manyekker rides and meeting some great people.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Still new to the MTN scene, had a few chrome bmx’s in my day but got my son a BMX the other day and found myself looking at the MTBs... anyway now on the hunt for a mtb, is there a for sale section here?

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone, new here and pretty much to cycling. Last year my wife started cycling with friend so I started to also join her. I went out and bought a Scott 965 in September done my first race (40 km Silverstar) and two weeks later the 25km 94.7 and last week I done the 60km The Fast One and finished 9th in my category. I’m also doing the PE to Plett next month. Also doing the CTCT next month. 
I’m absolutely addicted to the endorphins and being fit again. I have since bought a Specialized Epic Evo MTB and Specialized Roubaix Comp (impulse purchase). Riding a lot on Zwift which is super comfortable at 5:00 in the mornings before work. 
Since I started cycling I’ve done 3500km and my aim is to do 220km a week now. 

This sport has also given us as a family the opportunity to also do this together. My 7 year old is even doing his first 10km kiddies race next weekend. And my 12 year old has done a 50km and today again a 40km ride with me, albeit it still at a slow pace. 

Hope to see you all out there on the roads. 

• 2 months later...

Howdy folks. Starting looking for bike in October last year, a client suggested BikeHub. Been scrolling through here since then, finally bought one off here 3 weeks ago.

The threads, and the 'need' to get on the bike is most certainly addictive 😁

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and mountain biking in general. I come from a Motocross background, but decided to "hang up the boots" last year after 20 odd years of racing. Not quite ready to give up on two wheels though.

Been browsing for a while, some really helpful info on here, thanks guys.

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys.

New Here.

Just bought my first bicycle this Sunday, super super noob, rode today for the first time, just a short 4km along the river trail here by me, my butt hurts bad.. lol.

Got a Mongoose Canaan Teams at a steal, loving it.

Planning on hitting some trails soon, as soon as my ass gets used to the pain. bwahahahaha.

14 minutes ago, ReaperWorX said:

Hey Guys.

New Here.

Just bought my first bicycle this Sunday, super super noob, rode today for the first time, just a short 4km along the river trail here by me, my butt hurts bad.. lol.

Planning on hitting some trails soon, as soon as my ass gets used to the pain. bwahahahaha.

do you have padded pants/bib of some sort?

Edited by TheoG

23 minutes ago, ReaperWorX said:

Hey Guys.

New Here.

Very unique bike.  🤙
Welcome.

Two weeks of pain and your ass will be better (harder)

1 hour ago, ReaperWorX said:

hahaha, no, wasn't in the budget.. Strongly re-evaluating my life choices currently. lol.

If you are not to far from Alberton and XL size like me, I can give you a bib for free, it will help a lot.

PM me if you interested.