Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

Not sure what they mean by high end mic, but I use a Rode Micro on mine with that GoPro adapter and it works fine, I think the Rode was like R1,400 so definitely not a high end mic.

Hi all,
I am looking to buy a Gopro mic adapter for my hero8. It looks like the one in the attachment. Trouble is I am not sure if it will work with this mic I have from Takealot for R199. Reviews say it only works with high-end mics. Anyone here have experience of this?

Cheers

attachicon.gifgopro-pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter-hero5-black-hero5-session.jpg

attachicon.gifgopro.jpg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a Gopro mic adapter for my hero8. It looks like the one in the attachment. Trouble is I am not sure if it will work with this mic I have from Takealot for R199. Reviews say it only works with high-end mics. Anyone here have experience of this?

Cheers

attachicon.gifgopro-pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter-hero5-black-hero5-session.jpg

attachicon.gifgopro.jpg

If the mic input is analogue then any compatible mic will work no matter the cost thereof.

Thanks guys.

Bundu, where did you buy the Rode and Skylark, I can't find any specs on this mic I'm looking at. How do I find out if it's analogue? For its price - R199 - I doubt it's digital.

Thanks again for the feedback

I bought them from Kameraz in Rosebank, but I am sure you can find them on Takealot as well. 

Thanks guys.

Bundu, where did you buy the Rode and Skylark, I can't find any specs on this mic I'm looking at. How do I find out if it's analogue? For its price - R199 - I doubt it's digital.

Thanks guys.

Analogue will use a normal headphone jack or similar.

c4f6c61f335f25b2a29dbd7b418e6fa3.jpg

Taken by my 13 year old with his phone, through the binoculars.

I'm assuming it was shot handheld?

If not the pic would have been a lot sharper if both the binocs and phone were mounted on a tripod to control shake, surprising how well it came out anyhow!

I'm assuming it was shot handheld?

If not the pic would have been a lot sharper if both the binocs and phone were mounted on a tripod to control shake, surprising how well it came out anyhow!

Was handheld, some quality also lost with sending the pic via WhatsApp and uploading to le Hub.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I am amazed with what my kids can come up with.

This one was what I expected: A pretty standard night time picture of the weekend away cottage, in the moonlight, perhaps with a few stars showing. You know, like I would have done! Use tripod, make few guesses and there you have a picture that tells the story of the place and the time!

post-17716-0-28938300-1612705977_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

And, let's light-paint our names in the sky with the moon - OK, that didn't quite work out, but it does look a bit like his someones initials. Lesson? Don't be afraid to have a bit of creative fun outside the box!

post-17716-0-00332600-1612705654_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...