• 29er MTB Dual Sus?
    • 29er MTB Hardtail?
    • Roadbike?
    • 26" MTB Dual Sus?
    • 26" MTB Hardtail?
    • TT Bike?
    • BMX?
    • Cruizer?

This should be intresting and please also comment why? ;)

29er,roadbike,26"???

Edited by FABNOW

26" dual sus... lighter, more nippy on technical single track and 29er geometry is not for me on a medium frame.

Guest Iron

26" dual for technical single track races

and

29" hard tail for the long ones for me.

oh and dont for get my 26" hard tail Single speed for the fun of it.

This should be intresting and please also comment why? ;)

My reply on Magalies Monster thread has reference #156:

On my way up and down the Monster this week-end , I actually weighed the two disciplines up cause I was really k@king off the first 25 km's.

Road Bikes look "hotter".

You can not get from point a to b as fast or as far , with MTB as apposed to a road bike (maybe if Boerie traps it!:D)

MTB'ers have a greater chance of falling and therefore a week end worrier like myself, can not afford time away from the office (i.e. due to a serious fall from MTB'ing the Monster)

Road courses mostly stay the same therefore I can track my progress better year on year by comparing times relative to the same courses (MTB trails change constantly)

I was slightly off topic sorry ................so again Road bikes look hotter !!!!!:thumbup::lol: Flame suit on ! come on boys!!!

Edited by CharlV

26" dual suss is my vote, but it's pretty broad.

I've had 3 26" dual suss bikes each with very different purposes and funny enough, none of them were XC/trail bikes (it was a 7" freeride, an 8" downhill and a 4" 4X bike). Sadly I had to sell the freeride bike... so out of the remaining 2... at the moment I'm loving the 4X bike!

it's nimble, handles like a dream, it just wants to fly when it hits the jumps... and that 4" rear travel, although less than what I'm used to, is still enough to save your butt when you get it wrong.

Not to mention that it looks freaking mean and purposeful.

...and I'm pretty sure that 4X is a discipline that the 29er craze will never get a hold on

Edited by patches

Definately a 29er for me, I'm 6'6 and there is no comparison! It rolls over anything and the Gary Fisher G2 geometry is perfect for high speed and I find it very nimble in the windies too!

I started out borrowing a 26" schwinn moab. Bought a rc6000 for training purposes and now I'm stuck with the schwinn moab which I bought from my friend for 1k. Specialized tarmac pro 2010-super record.specialized roubaix pro2008-record and a fuji roubaix pro which I'm currently sellinghttps://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/4506-fuji-roubaix-pro-56cm-with-record-need-to-go/. Lol

I fell inlove with road racing. Love the tactics and the constant attacks. Pity I'm injurred, was just getting darn good.

So road bike it is for me, but I'm in the market for a mtb at the end of the year.

Make mine one of these;

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%20B/KTM%20LC4%20690%20Supermoto%2007.jpg

You forgot one.....Rigid Single Speed 26"

My favourite....it's pure, simple,quiet and light...and it makes sure you know how (un)fit you are.

26" dual sus for me.

I have seen enough people pushing their 29er up hill and trying to fix buckled wheels to cure me of 29er fever for life.

I think the question should be,

” If you were in the market for a new bike, what would purchase?"