Morewood Owners

Zula

70 members have voted

1. 1. Morewood owners

• I own a morewood
    • I don't own a morewood
    • I am planning to buy a morewood

Guest Omega Man

and why, oh why, is a hardtail not a proper MTB? Huh?

I'm as confused as you are. A 29er however is not a Mountain Bike. It's a circus bike.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone replaced the chainring on one of those new XTR cranks yet?

Would be interested in price, availability and generic compatibility.

Its not even on CRC Yet... I think its going to be pricy!

I ride Shinooke Specialites blades on my 970 XTR.. doesnt look to abnormal, but those with the kind of chopper blade "non symetric" look wont look good with anything else.

and why, oh why, is a hardtail not a proper MTB? Huh?

No bike with less then 140mm of travel is a mountain bike. They are just dirt bikes.

Will that Sukuma ever go into production ? Looks promising and is something that I would consider. Then again you can get a snyper 140mm on Chain for about 11K at the moment. Pricing will be interesting.

No bike with less then 140mm of travel is a mountain bike. They are just dirt bikes.

hahaha! reminds me of what Cam Zink said when he won rampage last year: "rampage is one of the first real mountainbiking contests ever, if I were to tell anyone this is what mountainbiking is"

but yeah... up until a couple of months back, I only had a 180mm and 200mm travel bikes

I own a 2011 Zula, only one in PE that I'm aware of.

PS: The Giant Anthem is definately one of the most common bikes out there. My previous bike was an anthem. At races like Attakwas etc you see many of them. The Zula is a better ride in my opinion, but a bit more pricey.

Rode a Anthem X for 6 months prior to getting my Zula in Oct 2009. Zula is a much better ride and faster on the technical stuff.

Based on the results of this survey it would seem that the overwhelming majority of okes on the hub ride a morewood :D

Based on the results of this survey it would seem that the overwhelming majority of okes on the hub ride a morewood :D

Clearly :)

Interesting though at the number of owners. Obviously they all do not frequent thehub, but never the less still interesting. I met a canadian the other day, told him I have a morewood. He basically groveled at my feet after that, they are that popular over there.

funny enough, at one of the DH races I went to (up here in Gauteng), Morewoods were the second most represented brand there.

Out of about 40 riders, 10-12 were on a Mongoose. About 5-7 on Morewoods, and the remainder were various others.

So I would imagine that in PMB, there are probably plenty of Morewoods at the Dh races

:thumbup: ^^ THIS ^^ Is what I want to see more South African's saying! With the weight and reliability of components these days an 11kg 150mm bike is completely achievable, and 150mm at 11kg you have a bike that TRULY is a mountain bike. Bring on the Sukuma baby!