Hubber ratings

Tightfitt

Question - why do hubbers advertise something for sale and then just disappear off the face of the earth?

Should this not warrant a "negative" rating on the marketplace scoring?

One thing is for sure, it is very irritating.

What you say?

Question - why do hubbers advertise something for sale and then just disappear off the face of the earth?

What you say?

Agree!

Maybe they sold it and moved on?

Then edit the post to read "SOLD". Makes life easier for next peep interested in item.

I was toying with the idea of posting something like this earlier today actually! I've had a lot of sellers just not bothering to reply, even though the adverts still appear to be active.

Very frustrating, especially when you need something being sold urgently.

What you say?

Maybe cause some wise ass (who had no interrest in buying) had lots to say about his goods or price.

Maybe cause some wise ass (who had no interrest in buying) had lots to say about his goods or price.

+ 1

Guest Iron

Its common decency , if someone places a add its his responsibility to check it and keep it up to date, answer questions asked and let us know if the deal is still active.

I look at many adds that are placed and peeps ask question and they never get answered.

Agree with you Tightfitt ( damb, what a avatar name )

I advocate a thinkbike.co.za type system, where only paid up thinkbike members are allowed to make any posts in the classifieds section. Anyone can view em, but to post there mean you have paid some money, which creates a vested interest, and keeps out the trash.

As in the rest of this forum would remain open to all, but the classifieds would only take posts from paid members of thehubsa.co.za club or something.

Edited by TNT1

To be fair this doesn't really happen much with the new classifieds.

Guest Iron

I advocate a thinkbike.co.za type system, where only paid up thinkbike members are allowed to make any posts in the classifieds section. Anyone can view em, but to post there mean you have paid some money, which creates a vested interest, and keeps out the trash.

As in the rest of this forum would remain open to all, but the classifieds would only take posts from paid members of thehubsa.co.za club or something.

Like your thinking , I will second that.

Then edit the post to read "SOLD". Makes life easier for next peep interested in item.

+1

What you say?

What I say dude, is that you then use The Rating - specifically the Pink Bar.

Isn't that part of what it is there for?

• 4 weeks later...

That said there seems to be 2 other trends that I've noticed, both selling and buying via the classifieds, there are users that will reply to an ad saying things like "Dibs, I'll take it" or "Please hold it for me, I'll confirm collection ASAP" and then never respond which means the sale gets held for that user potentially for weeks. Secondly thing when buying (at least attempting to) is hubbers who will sell items with no consideration of who responded.

That said there seems to be 2 other trends that I've noticed, both selling and buying via the classifieds, there are users that will reply to an ad saying things like "Dibs, I'll take it" or "Please hold it for me, I'll confirm collection ASAP" and then never respond which means the sale gets held for that user potentially for weeks. Secondly thing when buying (at least attempting to) is hubbers who will sell items with no consideration of who responded.

Ive done the dibs thing and not responded because I couldnt find the ad the next day, but then maybe the seller should also try follow up on leads ?