Tata Kontador

Garfield2010

To be honest I also dont like Alberto anymore...... He should not have done the TDF this year. It is disrespectfull to the race and the other riders.

In times when doping is destroying our sport cycling, riders should be 100% cleared before racing this race. Conti should not have entered until cleared by the UCI. What will happen if he wins the TDF, but is then found guilty in August?

When last did we have a really clean winner? In the last 10 years maybe Sastre only? (assuming Lance is dirty)

I am not saying the top guys are all clean, but I kind of get the feeling there are more clean guys this year than the tour has seen for quite a while..... Maybe to do with the DNA passport system they have implemented.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It ain't over till that fat lady has sung!

Don't tell me Oprah is involved?

To be honest I also dont like Alberto anymore...... He should not have done the TDF this year. It is disrespectfull to the race and the other riders.

In times when doping is destroying our sport cycling, riders should be 100% cleared before racing this race. Conti should not have entered until cleared by the UCI. What will happen if he wins the TDF, but is then found guilty in August?

When last did we have a really clean winner? In the last 10 years maybe Sastre only? (assuming Lance is dirty)

I am not saying the top guys are all clean, but I kind of get the feeling there are more clean guys this year than the tour has seen for quite a while..... Maybe to do with the DNA passport system they have implemented.

Unfortunately the system is letting us down as much as the riders are.

The Conty saga should have been wound up long before he started this tour.

The current system of UCI/WADA penalising a rider then letting his country federation have a go then letting CAS decide on the matter is just stupid. UCI/WADA found him guilty and stopped him riding, spanish federation found him innocent and allowed him to ride again - CAS might find him guilty, stop him riding and strip his 2010 (and possible 2011) TdF titles. What? How numb nutted is that?

C'mon - how can you not have final conclusion of the 2010 race before the 2011 race starts? And this is not the first time the race has started without knowing if the previous winner is guilty or not.

You can't lose a 3 week race on the 2nd day unless he withdraws or crashes out!!

I will still back Contador and besides the best is still to come!

The fact that Contador is nearly 2m behind the current leader is not his fault. If that Asshole spectator removed himself from the road this wouldnt have been the situation!

Edited by X-Man

Anyways, I expected the guys to defend their *** predictions......

We will talk in 3 weeks time when kontador is history.......

I am willing to bet money that he will not win...... Unfortunately I am not sure who is gonna win.... :drool:

Anyways, I expected the guys to defend their *** predictions......

We will talk in 3 weeks time when kontador is history.......

I am willing to bet money that he will not win...... Unfortunately I am not sure who is gonna win.... :drool:

You sound like another one of those guys that think just because you ride a bicycle you know every thing about "pro racing" .

You can't lose a 3 week race on the 2nd day unless he withdraws or crashes out!!

I will still back Contador and besides the best is still to come!

The fact that Contador is nearly 2m behind the current leader is not his fault. If that Asshole spectator removed himself from the road this wouldnt have been the situation!

Much as ridiculed Garfield he does have a point in that Conty beat Andy by less than a minute last year and is now already more than a minute behind him...the tour was so close last year that if Andy hadn't dropped a chain he would have won the tour...

Where are all the "Contador cant lose" guys now? On this forum most guys (90%+) said he is unbeatable etc. I knew and did say that it is near impossible for anyone who have done the Giro de Italy to actually win the Tour De France in the same season.... (looks at the statistics)

And the last time trial is over a mountain so I doubt if Schleck will lose more than a minute there...

I predict that Contador will not finish this tour and it will be a fight between Schleck, Evins, Wiggins and Gesink. Radioshack has too many leaders (if they had one then surely they had to win yesterdays time trial since they have the most time trial experts in their team). Sure, Radioshack will have 3 guys in the top 10 at the end, but none in the top 5....... Look at how Evins and Hincapie dragged their team single-handedly to almost victory yesterday. How can the Shack with the likes of kloden, Leipheimer, Brakovich & Popovych to name a few not match that?

Also looking forward to tomorrows stage.

Written by one that does not understand the first thing about stage race riding. You get the fun rider of the year award.

Why, just yesterday, I was wondering why Owen and that other guy always commentate as if the believe their audience has never seen a bike race before. You, sir, are apparently the reason.

Edited by TNT1

You sound like another one of those guys that think just because you ride a bicycle you know every thing about "pro racing" .

That's what I mean't to say, I just used more acid.

Unfortunately the system is letting us down as much as the riders are.

The Conty saga should have been wound up long before he started this tour.

The current system of UCI/WADA penalising a rider then letting his country federation have a go then letting CAS decide on the matter is just stupid. UCI/WADA found him guilty and stopped him riding, spanish federation found him innocent and allowed him to ride again - CAS might find him guilty, stop him riding and strip his 2010 (and possible 2011) TdF titles. What? How numb nutted is that?

C'mon - how can you not have final conclusion of the 2010 race before the 2011 race starts? And this is not the first time the race has started without knowing if the previous winner is guilty or not.

System is that UCI and WADA detect the substance, and the rider's national federation must discipline him. It may be flawed, but that is the current system. The fact that UCI and WADA appealed the spanish federation's findings, means that they don't believe their own system. No way this should have ended up at CAS. But when have the UCI done anything in the interest of the sport?

Written by one that dies not understand the first thing about sage race riding. You get the fun rider of the year award.

Why, just yesterday, I was wondering why Owen and that other guy always commentate as if the believe their audience has never seen a bike race before. You, sir, are apparently the reason.

The fun bit is that in 20 day's time either you or Garfield will be the idiot.

If someone had said "Andy's just lost the tour" when he dropped his chain you would have jumped in and called him a fun rider but ultimately it was true wasn't it?

The fun bit is that in 20 day's time either you or Garfield will be the idiot.

If someone had said "Andy's just lost the tour" when he dropped his chain you would have jumped in and called him a fun rider but ultimately it was true wasn't it?

Only cause andy had lost the tour before he dropped his chain, and neither of has to be an idiot.

Only cause andy had lost the tour before he dropped his chain

Yep, only difference this year is Bert won't be able to play father christmas with baby schleck and the mountain finishes. Game on.

I do love premature anounceiation threads.

1 and a bit stages into the tour and Conty has already lost it? Yegads man.

Ok ok I'll get into the wild speculation:

Hushovd to keep yellow to Paris!

Gilbert to win the climbers jersey!

Armstrong to finish on the podium from his home in Texas on a PS3 !

The Amstrong one yea maybeeeee........................ (Fixed it for you ) but Hushovd and Gilbert !?!

Ek weet nie so lekker nie !!!:lol: