Tata Kontador

Garfield2010

System is that UCI and WADA detect the substance, and the rider's national federation must discipline him. It may be flawed, but that is the current system. The fact that UCI and WADA appealed the spanish federation's findings, means that they don't believe their own system. No way this should have ended up at CAS. But when have the UCI done anything in the interest of the sport?

The UCI does the initial suspending then asks the country federation to rule:

"Trace amounts still mean provisional suspension

The UCI soon announced that Contador had been provisionally suspended after the news broke at the world road championships in Australia.

The UCI confirmed that the clenbuterol was detected in a urine sample taken from the Spaniard on July 21, the second rest day of the race in Pau at the foot of the French Pyrenees."

and..

"The International Cycling Union (UCI) has confirmed the suspension of Tour de France champion Alberto Contador after traces of clenbuterol were found in a sample from July 21. The governing body highlighted that the amount of clenbuterol was 400 times less than the amount World Anti-Doping Agency accredited labs must be able to detect."

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Contador is nearly 2m behind the current leader is not his fault. If that Asshole spectator removed himself from the road this wouldnt have been the situation!

Maybe AC shoulda been further forward in the peleton at that point of the stage, 8km to go..... the middle / back of the peloton is a risky place to be for podium hopefuls.

This time it was a spectator (BTW was a wimmen), could have been anything **** always happens.

Yep, only difference this year is Bert won't be able to play father christmas with baby schleck and the mountain finishes. Game on.

Yip, he has to do a couple of Armstrong style attacks and get minutes over the field in the mountains. Gonna be something to behold. I've said it before, and his results bear it out, Contador only enters races to win, or die trying. This is not over by a long way.

Contador - Spanish engineering where you need it most on a bike. Go 'Bert!

Too much of Riis' finger in the mix. I think you mean Danish Engineering ;)

Hahahaha

Although I am not a professional rider, I have ridden 15 Argus tours, watched every single stage of the TDF over the last 12 years and read numerous books/biographies..

So that is what I am basing my prediction on. And I will stand by it....

Konti's problem is that even if Schleck crashes out, He still has to catch up with 8 other favourites.So I will repeat again.

Contador is not going to win this years TDF - barring swine flu take down 185 of the riders taking part...... ( and even then he will have to hope the remaining 8 riders is his teammates!

:blink:

Lets remember this post in a few weeks........ I will be the first to acknowledge I was wrong if that be the case

But oh, I am sorry, I need a Phd on cycling like you guys probably have....... Bwahahahaha!!

101% and TNT1 - you definately sound like you know you think you know everything. There is too many like you in this sport of ours......

You are not the gods of cycling, there are none.

I wonder if you 2 will be around on this post in three weeks time to explain why you were WRONG........ (if that be the case)????

The UCI does the initial suspending then asks the country federation to rule:

The UCI confirmed that the clenbuterol was detected in a urine sample taken from the Spaniard on July 21

UCI had to 'confirm' it because they had been sitting on the news and it was eventually broken by a German journalist more than a month after the positive if memory serves.

How long would they have waited without the press getting hold of the story? Would we have heard about it at all?

Maybe AC shoulda been further forward in the peleton at that point of the stage, 8km to go..... the middle / back of the peloton is a risky place to be for podium hopefuls.

This time it was a spectator (BTW was a wimmen), could have been anything **** always happens.

I think that's a tad dis-ingenious. To be fair, that crash happend about 5 riders deep.

UCI had to 'confirm' it because they had been sitting on the news and it was eventually broken by a German journalist more than a month after the positive if memory serves.

How long would they have waited without the press getting hold of the story? Would we have heard about it at all?

Oh ya, forgot about that. Maybe they were trying to do the right thing for the sport :blush:

At times like this I like to refer to Jens' assessment of teammate Andy's chances in 2009

"Of course there's always a possibility to win the tour you know..."

Edited by Lucky Luke.

I just hope El Pistolero does not quit because of this time loss. I want to see him and Andy fight it out in the mountains. Andy didnt quit last year when his bikes chain came off and he was attacked. It was actually a very amateurish mistake to be so far back in the pelaton. The top riders always hang around up front to keep out of danger.

Maybe its the law of averages catching up on Konti.....

Last year Evins and Schleck had lots of bad luck........

All I know is that it is going to be fun watching....

Hahahaha

Although I am not a professional rider, I have ridden 15 Argus tours, watched every single stage of the TDF over the last 12 years and read numerous books/biographies..

So that is what I am basing my prediction on. And I will stand by it....

Konti's problem is that even if Schleck crashes out, He still has to catch up with 8 other favourites.So I will repeat again.

Contador is not going to win this years TDF - barring swine flu take down 185 of the riders taking part...... ( and even then he will have to hope the remaining 8 riders is his teammates!

:blink:

Lets remember this post in a few weeks........ I will be the first to acknowledge I was wrong if that be the case

But oh, I am sorry, I need a Phd on cycling like you guys probably have....... Bwahahahaha!!

101% and TNT1 - you definately sound like you know you think you know everything. There is too many like you in this sport of ours......

You are not the gods of cycling, there are none.

I wonder if you 2 will be around on this post in three weeks time to explain why you were WRONG........ (if that be the case)????

I don't need to explain anything to a little "know it all" like yourself. Now run along and go watch the tour . should be starting soon.

Oddly enough I agree with Garfield but for different reasons.

If you had asked me a few weeks ago I'd have said 'Berto all the way - he made the rest look like dawdlers without even trying whilst Andy was having his ass handed to him in California looking like he was in the red zone.

But...

Lately 'Berto has just looked "off". More than once in the TTT a gap opened when he had finished his turn and he had to get the afterburners working to get back into the group.

I reckon neither Andy or Conty will win. Sure it's against the grain but that's the fun thing about predictions - no one knows until they cross the line in Paris...

Oddly enough I agree with Garfield but for different reasons.

If you had asked me a few weeks ago I'd have said 'Berto all the way - he made the rest look like dawdlers without even trying whilst Andy was having his ass handed to him in California looking like he was in the red zone.

But...

Lately 'Berto has just looked "off". More than once in the TTT a gap opened when he had finished his turn and he had to get the afterburners working to get back into the group.

I reckon neither Andy or Conty will win. Sure it's against the grain but that's the fun thing about predictions - no one knows until they cross the line in Paris...

Eldron

So glad you refer to predictions and not opinions cause a wise old man told me opinions are like @sholes, everyones got one !!!:lol:

And there we have it - everything you need to do to be an expert on pro cycling. :lol: