TOKAI: DH Build day - Day 2

(Deon)

damn i only have 6 inches :blush:

i think i may have to visit this tokai place one day if i ever road trip down that side from durbs

6" will get the job done, not failed me yet!

:thumbup:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Oh. My. ****.

Dude - seriously. Take a fkn chill pill, for g0d's sake.

What have we said, time and again. What have I said, time and again.

Work was done on Faerie Garden. Maintenance & erosion control. Blockage of that divert that YOU rode, and you admit this yourself, because you couldn't negotiate a 5cm deep puddle, or the 10cm high roots that lighties on their 20" MTB's can negotiate with ease. Shame.

Work was done on the bottom end of Vasbyt. Clearing alien vegetation. Erosion control. Clearing all the mud that had gathered after the rains. Creating water channels. Taking away that nasty barbed wire fence, and putting in a berm so that the transition through the corner was smoother, and more entertaining. Massive root removal.

Work was done on the divert on Vasbyt, where you are supposed to ride up instead of riding up the top berm & rooted section which is DH only. This section (the divert) was unrideable for the majority of riders in Tokai. Therefore, it needed to be re-cut and enhanced in order to make it a viable divert.

Work was done on the DH section - just 150m (at most) worth of divert / new trail.

How the F*** do you presume that we (the volunteers) work ONLY on DH track? FFS bro - get rid of that big-arse chip on your shoulder, and HELP us one time. Otherwise, STFU and stop posting inflammatory remarks, designed to irritate the few people who actually CONTRIBUTE to the upkeep of Tokai as an MTB destination.

For F*** sake - Grow the **** up.

Hahaha. Love your work bro.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv90/david16v/stuff/Tokai-MaintenanceDay1.jpg

Maybe maps like this indicating as to which trail/s will be done on which dates of the month would help.

If any cyclist is unhappy with a certain trail or section in particular then they can get involved.

Then ALL cyclists can see which trails they would like to maintain and we wont have XC vs DH flaming!

Red dot on map = Trail maintenance day 1, DH level 5.

Thanks David, more detail is exactly what is needed.

I've mentioned before that a website will be rolled out in the near future, but time is a factor right now. (Big cycling related pitch happening at the mo) The site will list all trails, they are GPS'd and those maps you've posted will come in very handy (thanks iRide).. Trails will be listed according to use and will be updated based on required work/status. Photos, details, terrain, closures, and plans will be detailed.

There are a few other ideas which I won't discuss now, but it will be what riders need. First of it's kind that I can see, judging from an audit on the comparable trail sites out there. ;)

I think if there had to be a red dot for all maintenance, it would be quicker to replace the map with an image of a red dot in the shape of Tokai. Yes, it is that bad!

after reading Mayhem's post, I think i've filled my quota of norty words for the day :P

Kidding aside, rock on bro. Some ppl just need to shovel up, or stfu.

some good info there PoS! If I can assist in some way, please let me know. I'm good for more than just, swinging a shovel, bumps and monster.. :P

some good info there PoS! If I can assist in some way, please let me know. I'm good for more than just, swinging a shovel, bumps and monster.. :P

cool, we can chat on the trail...

OK, 4 volunteers from the hub. Just as notice to everyone reading this, these volunteers are from all riding groups.. no separatism here.

Thanks volunteers, it's you who keeps everyone riding!

:blush:

watchu mean? was the trail build today?!?!?

No, I had to supply numbers this morning.. but no fear. Will be meeting with the guys who toured France tonight, will surely get numbers there.

Sorry guys not gonna make it tomorrow. Gotta be home by 9 am for family time cos i have been working too much overtime this week according to the wife. . .