csa license

fandacious

CSA confused the hell out of everyone by calling it a "Day License".

They should have just said, you need yearly Membership, if not buy a Day Membership or day pass or whatever.

If you want to race nationals and SA's then get a "License". But now everyone wants to get a License and all they need is membership.

Edited by Tankman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2010 and 2011, it was called a Racing License.

Prior to that there were options for a Full Racing License, a Cyclosport License and a day license

post-1372-0-15982100-1315590130.png

Edited by Ge®aldM24™

Yea sorry didn't see the image you posted before replying (on the mobile)

I see that on last and this years License there are UCI as well as National Cat's

If I already have a UCI Cat that must mean it COULD have been used internationally, not that I intended to.

A couple of years back probably around 2009 when Cyclosport Licenses were anround, it was called a Domestic racing license and I remember that you had some additional requirements for an International license. UCI's involvement probably changed that.

NO you dont

There is a major difference between CSA membership and a CSA license!

Darn, how many times to we have to repeat this?

:lol: We should make you a CSA Admin officer here on the Hub.

Dont worry, I share the frustration.

so do we need a license if we race invitational at the argus but will not be doing nationals/wp champs just local league and argus?

or do i need a full race lisence for the argus to race in that group or my simple one that comes with my ppa membership?

thanks for help.

This is what I found out. Join up with a club first and then join PPA who will cover your R75 membership to CSA. Alternatively you can pay a R35 day licence everytime you race in a sanctioned event. Advantages of joining PPA is that you get seeded for PPA races and you can get points if you wanna race in the leagues. As you race in PPA events you can improve your seeding if you do well as time goes on. Wrt CSA licence you should only need a full racing licence if you want to race provincial and SA Champs which for the licence will cost you R350 last time I checked which runs from Jan to Dec. Buying a full racing licence now would be a waste unless you want to race provincial champs but check first if its going to be a requirement. Definitely for SA Champs you will need one. PPA membership runs from July to end of June next year. Joining PPA gives you preferential starting times for the Argus and other PPA events. PPA subs are R270 if I'm correct. Personally I'm joining PPA and will see how my form and finances are to travel to SA's before I fork out R350 for a racing licence. Hope this helps. http://www.cyclingsa.com/member.aspx http://www.pedalpower.org.za/road/

• 3 months later...

Hi there

Trying to figure out how this works in preparation for next year.

For whatever race we went to do we nee to be part of CSA, this costs: R

But before joining CSA (http://www.cyclingsa.com/member.aspx) we need to be part of a club: so far

ROAG @ R0/year or (No CSA License, additional cost) (http://www.roag.co.za/)

CycleLab SuperCycleing Club @ R950/1st year (includes shirt/bib shirts) (R650, shirt only) and then (R450/yearly) (No CSA license, additional cost) Still looking to figure out the cost of CSA

(http://www.cyclelab.com/SuperCycling%20Club%20Membership.aspx)

Cyclelink @ R200/year (This includes CSA affiliation [is this the same as CSA membership], which sort of implies no need to go and subscribe/join CSA individually)? - http://www.cyclelink.co.za

Than there is PPA, @ R270/year, + R140 (wife) Does not say about including CSA. (http://www.pedalpower.org.za/road/)

We're thinking of doing she races socially, well as social as you can do a race... Thinking bout the Nissan series organized by Advendurance,

MiWay ?

What other series's are there around the Jhb/Pta area?

Do I have this correct?

G

This is what I found out. Join up with a club first and then join PPA who will cover your R75 membership to CSA. Alternatively you can pay a R35 day licence everytime you race in a sanctioned event. Advantages of joining PPA is that you get seeded for PPA races and you can get points if you wanna race in the leagues. As you race in PPA events you can improve your seeding if you do well as time goes on. Wrt CSA licence you should only need a full racing licence if you want to race provincial and SA Champs which for the licence will cost you R350 last time I checked which runs from Jan to Dec. Buying a full racing licence now would be a waste unless you want to race provincial champs but check first if its going to be a requirement. Definitely for SA Champs you will need one. PPA membership runs from July to end of June next year. Joining PPA gives you preferential starting times for the Argus and other PPA events. PPA subs are R270 if I'm correct. Personally I'm joining PPA and will see how my form and finances are to travel to SA's before I fork out R350 for a racing licence. Hope this helps. http://www.cyclingsa.com/member.aspx http://www.pedalpower.org.za/road/

Edited by awesme

I have just done this and my cost (So Far!)

Roag Renewal R57-00

CSA Licence ( First option) R75-00

Gauteng North Cycling ( Affiliation Fee done done via CSA Website)R25-00

Total R157-00

Oh hell!

Is it that time of the year again??

That means I have to fight my way through their (spider)web site again.

<_< :thumbdown:

***shall procrastinate...

Edit: CSA that is. Not ROAG - ROAG rocks!!

Edited by The Drongo

Do you have a web site URL for Gauteng North.

Why did you join ROAG and Gauteng North?

What are the series's out there? I only know of the Nissan Advendurance,

Other than MiWay that does the Monday night show and then insurance, what else do they do.

G

I have just done this and my cost (So Far!)

Roag Renewal R57-00

CSA Licence ( First option) R75-00

Gauteng North Cycling ( Affiliation Fee done done via CSA Website)R25-00

Total R157-00

Roag = Club

North Gauteng = Province This would be dependent on where you live. My guess is that yours is Central Gauteng.

CSA = National Body

Follow this route for the cheapest option www.roag.co.za for club membership. www.cyclingsa.co.za for province and national membership.

Hi there

Ahh, ok, now the bits make sense, Price is nice also.

(At what point do we get a chip for the racing/timing, who where does this)?

Liked the Cyclelab idea but not at that price, just safe the money and buy a shirt and bib separately.

What can you tell me about racing series's?

G

Roag = Club

North Gauteng = Province This would be dependent on where you live. My guess is that yours is Central Gauteng.

CSA = National Body

Follow this route for the cheapest option www.roag.co.za for club membership. www.cyclingsa.co.za for province and national membership.

we didn't require a racing licence for WP champs. is there any races in the Western Cape where you will need a racing licence if you want to compete in elites/sv? what about tour de boland?

Hi there

Ahh, ok, now the bits make sense, Price is nice also.

(At what point do we get a chip for the racing/timing, who where does this)?

Liked the Cyclelab idea but not at that price, just safe the money and buy a shirt and bib separately.

What can you tell me about racing series's?

G

Variety of chip options available. www.saseeding.co.za seems to be the best especially if you want to do the MTN or Nissan series go to www.advendurance.co.za for these. MiWay is a different series can't tell you too much about these as I think they are more KZN based.

The RFID tag's, are they national numbers. implying once I got a number they apply for any all races?

will go to SAseeding to enquire.

For mostly Gauteng based social racing which series would you recommend.

The MTN one seems to be a more national series, where as Nissan it seems have a Gauteng/Jhb based series,

I'm not at any level where I'd be concerned about points. This is mostly me wanting to ride with Wife and then ride against myself, ye ye, 2 targets thats gonna end conflicting.

G

Variety of chip options available. www.saseeding.co.za seems to be the best especially if you want to do the MTN or Nissan series go to www.advendurance.co.za for these. MiWay is a different series can't tell you too much about these as I think they are more KZN based.

Edited by awesme