csa license

fandacious

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First join a club, the go to www.cyclingsa.com and hey presto, one full racing license!

so where exactly do u sign up to get a full CSA license?

The same place to went to get CSA membership. Can't get the license without membership and belonging to a club which needs to belong to a province.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Quick tip that i found out this year,

You only need a full license if you want UCI points in Jnr,U23,Elite!!!! which is about 50 cyclists in SA!!!!!

Hoping to have more info soon

Hi

Quick tip that i found out this year,

You only need a full license if you want UCI points in Jnr,U23,Elite!!!! which is about 50 cyclists in SA!!!!!

Hoping to have more info soon

Yip,last year I took out the full licenseand guess what,I didnt need it.If your not Elite or want UCI points just pay the R75 and you will be able to take part in any S.A road or Mtb event.Not making that mistake again

I am looking for the application form but I must be honest, not sure if I am completing the correct form! Could someone point me in the right direction please?

why do you want to get the csa license now? as far as I understand it only lasts till December then you have to pay again. Or am I wrong, can someone shed some light on this please???

why do you want to get the csa license now? as far as I understand it only lasts till December then you have to pay again. Or am I wrong, can someone shed some light on this please???

To be able to enter for a 2012 event ,like the Argus, you must get your csa license for 2012

To be able to enter for a 2012 event ,like the Argus, you must get your csa license for 2012

NO you dont

There is a major difference between CSA membership and a CSA license!

Everyone must be a member of CSA or buy a day license for any race in SA.

If you are a PPA member the CSA membership is included in your yearly PPA membership.

If you want to compete at UCI sanctioned events, Nationals or Provincials then you need a racing license.

BUT you must be a CSA member and belong to a club before you can apply for a CSA License.

Darn, how many times to we have to repeat this?

NO you dont

There is a major difference between CSA membership and a CSA license!

Everyone must be a member of CSA or buy a day license for any race in SA.

If you are a PPA member the CSA membership is included in your yearly PPA membership.

If you want to compete at UCI sanctioned events, Nationals or Provincials then you need a racing license.

BUT you must be a CSA member and belong to a club before you can apply for a CSA License.

Darn, how many times to we have to repeat this?

Sorry meant csa membership of R75

thanks for the info, lets just see if I have it right. If I pay for a CSA Membership tomorrow then it is for the 2012 year? but until when does it last, till September 2012?

thanks for the info, lets just see if I have it right. If I pay for a CSA Membership tomorrow then it is for the 2012 year? but until when does it last, till September 2012?

I just joined and had to pay R75 for the remainder of this year and R75 for next year. THe membership years runs from 1 Jan - 31 December.

The reason I paid for the rest of this year is because there are a number of races coming before the end of the year that I wish to participate and so it was worth it for me.

If you have any questions ring the help number on the CSA website. Very helpful lady on the end of the phone.