Burry go back to basics

martelpypie

Sauser is also sponsored by Specialized and he prefers to race 26.

Sauser hasn't races a 26er once this year.90% has been 29er ht and 10% 29er DS.

Funny that world champs XC,marathon and the word cup have all been won by 29ers.

Remember wheelbase is also relative.I am the same height as Burry and ride a medium.My medium 29er HT has a wheelbase over 2cm shorter than if i was riding a 26er DS.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny that world champs XC,marathon and the word cup have all been won by 29ers.

Remember wheelbase is also relative.I am the same height as Burry and ride a medium.My medium 29er HT has a wheelbase over 2cm shorter than if i was riding a 26er DS.

Kulhavy would have won even if he was on a 26er. He is not good because he rides a 29er. He is just good!

Sorry, but no.

1st point, agreeable.

10% on a DS...

Didn't he ride the epic on a dual sus...

So now, weather you are comparing by time or km, He has raced more on a DS this year.

Epic = 28hrs.

XCO world cup+Champs = 1h40mins (avg) x8.

=13hrs20mins

That's 67% on a DS.

33% on a HT.

Ahaa some guys just love to argue.Interesting point but if you want to look at time on the bike the the ds is still way behind.Sauser has done 18 mtb races so far this year.Trans Germany,Swiss bike masters and marathon worlds alone come to over 20hrs riding.I have all his race time this year somewhere if you really want to know how it is all broken down.

Ahaa some guys just love to argue.Interesting point but if you want to look at time on the bike the the ds is still way behind.Sauser has done 18 mtb races so far this year.Trans Germany,Swiss bike masters and marathon worlds alone come to over 20hrs riding.I have all his race time this year somewhere if you really want to know how it is all broken down.

Uhm, it does not matter what bike sauser rides - his age counts against him, not his bike type! That is why he is doing better in the longer stuff than in the XC stuff.

For some odd reason burry raced a 26er hard tail at the uk world cup, we haven't seen it since......so he does have a choice as far as I'm concerned and picks the bike that is best for him given the what the course presents......

Not sure if he was racing 1x10 this time round.......don't think that's always best IMHO, been there done that.....

I think you just want to start another flipping 26 vs 29 debate.

What does Burry say, I would be rather keen on his theory?

And what do you mean basics, what basics? If you are sponsored by Spez, you have access to the best top of the line equipment, surely you would want to use it?

Specialized themselves feel that the 26 " hardtail has seen the end of days.

I don't think his bad luck this year had to do with wheel size, but perhaps some other factors / decisions (like 1x10 in SA)

Edited by kosmonooit

Specialized themselves feel that the 26 " hardtail has seen the end of days.

not if you have a look at Nino on his 26"

Guest agteros

not if you have a look at Nino on his 26"

A little birdy told me that Dangle's info is more straight from the horse's mouth than "not if you look" ;)

I think the cranks are called Rotor. :thumbup:

I think Burry is well capable of owning any bike he rides.

I read somewhere :thumbdown: that he likes his 26" wheels. Correct me if I am wrong.

Uhm, I beg to differ.

You see, having bigger wheels alters your riding style. Burry seems to be "slower" in the technical stuff. Which means he now seems to over compensate and thus seems to fall off a lot more. And falls damage equipment ie. handlebars, RD's etc.

Bigger wheels need more leg juice to get them turning. Again, I think because of the bigger wheelsize and the new gear ratios on a 2x10 coul possibly account for broken chains/RD's etc.

Burry just looks more at home on a 26'er.

I am not saying 29'ers are wrong (Although I think 29'ers are just marketing mumbo jumbo) - I am saying 29'ers are wrong for Burry!

He hears you, and he shall repent of his stupid ways !!

:blink: :unsure: ...you going to keep up with him on a bad day then?

post-20304-0-94051700-1315151427.jpg

Edited by The Drongo

The guy is just having a real bad racing season. Sick, mechanicals, you name it. Bad luck and lack of form goes hand in hand allot of times. The lad needs to recap and start to refocus. Mentally he is capable of riding at that level so i reckon he will bounce back and have a amazing 2012 (on a 26er; 29er 27.5er ;) or whatever)

He is learning a lot this season. I expect these lessons to compound and make him a better competitor in the future. I am sure that him and the spez team will think about these same questions and decide what to do next and that he will get better over time.. . . . whatever bike he rides!

A little birdy told me that Dangle's info is more straight from the horse's mouth than "not if you look"

i also read that the 26"ht is going to dissapear so never said i dont agree with dangle, its just that 2 of the top performers is still riding hardtail 26".