Burry go back to basics

martelpypie

Being a pro rider is great innit? Us working riders get over the disappointment of weekend races by going to work on Monday morning :(

Or playing on thehub :D

Yeah, the closest we get to that is if we got up in time to commute to work! :lol:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But wouldn't they be given a selection of bikes from the sponsor?

They'll give you the bike that they want to sell the most of.

You keep saying that but Kulhavy is on a 29er dually, Stunder and Wells on a 29er HT and Sauer on a 26er HT.

So which is it?

Burry has definitely got more than one spesh MTB in his stable. And he's got a road bike of two.

You keep saying that but Kulhavy is on a 29er dually, Stunder and Wells on a 29er HT and Sauer on a 26er HT.

So which is it?

It's a bit early for logic.

Uhm, I beg to differ.

You see, having bigger wheels alters your riding style. Burry seems to be "slower" in the technical stuff. Which means he now seems to over compensate and thus seems to fall off a lot more. And falls damage equipment ie. handlebars, RD's etc.

Bigger wheels need more leg juice to get them turning. Again, I think because of the bigger wheelsize and the new gear ratios on a 2x10 coul possibly account for broken chains/RD's etc.

Burry just looks more at home on a 26'er.

I am not saying 29'ers are wrong (Although I think 29'ers are just marketing mumbo jumbo) - I am saying 29'ers are wrong for Burry!

I beg to differ MJ, Burry was pulling back the leading 7 before he had chain issues at world champs on Saturday.

It's a bit early for logic.

My bad.

Spesh is a neolibertarian institution that brainwashes all their employees into thinking that 29ers cure cancer and erectile dysfunction. They're currently working on a bioelectric saddle that transfers electrons into your scrotum that improves your balance, strength and power!!!

Better? :D

Apologies if my earlier comment was found to be in a bit of bad taste :blush:

Never meant to be offensive...purely in jest - to let all you couch coaches and quasi pro's know that there are MANY factors to be considered - not just his hardware...

I will ALWAYS root for Burry! He's the man to watch and has the advantage of age on his side...go 2012!!

Was going through some old magazines on the weekend. Burry featured on the cover of the Dec2008/Jan2009 Ride Mag. He was riding his GT without a front tyre, even in those days.... Could he be someone that hammers his kit, or just has a fair amount of bad luck?

My bad.

Spesh is a neolibertarian institution that brainwashes all their employees into thinking that 29ers cure cancer and erectile dysfunction. They're currently working on a bioelectric saddle that transfers electrons into your scrotum that improves your balance, strength and power!!!

Much better. Mr Boonen want's his Spesh back, I hear.

Apologies if my earlier comment was found to be in a bit of bad taste :blush:

Never meant to be offensive...purely in jest - to let all you couch coaches and quasi pro's know that there are MANY factors to be considered - not just his hardware...

I will ALWAYS root for Burry! He's the man to watch and has the advantage of age on his side...go 2012!!

:thumbup:

My bad.

AND MAKES YOUR HAIR GROW BACK, how many times must I tell you :angry:

If the Boss at Specialized gave him a single speed fully rigid to ride, he'd do it. Pro's ride what their sponsors tell them to ride.

Shooting from the hip <_<

I saw the workshop in Germany last week which is at the subsidiary head office.

There are boxes there with frames, both sizes, the athletes choose what they want to ride, nothing more, nothing less, Mike Sinyard and his staff don't have a dictatorship type approach.

I remember saying on a previous thread where this came up 'I doubt a rider of that stature (Sauser/Stander) would let themselves be dictated to in that manner'. At the end of the day results are what count! the rider will surely ride the equipment that gives him the best chance of winning which is also important to tthe manufacturer .... #miskienpraateknetstront :unsure: