Think Bike!

Peloton Piet

Yeah, I saw that. I would accept the "personal opinion" thing if it weren't for all the titles he has next to his post.

We'll see how this goes…

"Cyclists are fair game on this run"

Kinda supports my feelings in my first post.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saw that. I would accept the "personal opinion" thing if it weren't for all the titles he has next to his post.

We'll see how this goes…

I'm going to contact the officials at thinkbike and lay a complaint

Kinda makes one wonder that if there is one hooligan out there who feels that way, how many more followers does he have.

hmmm interesting

the CHAIRMAN of thinkbike SA goes by the alias of stranger... no wonder its being swept under the rug. the person @ the VERY top of the organization is saying its ok to take out cyclists

why dont we all email paul young (stranger@thinkbike.co.za) and tell him what we think of his comment

actually, as the chairman of thinkbike, surely he can be held accountable for posting comments like this? its not just some random user posting a comment. Its the guy right @ the top

As I learnt from you dear AMZ. From the person who was completely against TB, who was ALWAYS moaning about the marshals, to the biggest convert the moment he got elected to the board of directors. And as for me being anti TB, not at all. Anti the power in charge, YES! And it's comments like this by the Chairman of your board, and the defense thereof by another director, yourself, that makes me wonder.

One, I was never against TB or the TB Marshals. Your memory seems to be failing you, but yes, that is understandable.

The comments by the CHairman of the TB Board is of no importance. It is a silly statement made in a joking fashion and no different to many that you, I and others on forums regularly make. What should make you wonder is why you believe you have to drive your silly little crusade against TB to this level of infantalism.

actually, as the chairman of thinkbike, surely he can be held accountable for posting comments like this? its not just some random user posting a comment. Its the guy right @ the top

Oh yes, I agree.

I have put it on Bicycle Safety as well as alerted the Helivac guys who go out of their way for our sport.

One, I was never against TB or the TB Marshals. Your memory seems to be failing you, but yes, that is understandable.

The comments by the CHairman of the TB Board is of no importance. It is a silly statement made in a joking fashion and no different to many that you, I and others on forums regularly make. What should make you wonder is why you believe you have to drive your silly little crusade against TB to this level of infantalism.

wrong. As chairman of an organization who promotes 2 wheel safety, it is grossly negligent to make comments like that on a public forum.

its tantamount to juju saying kill the whites to his followers and then later saying "oh but it was a joke"

As a public figure and leader of sch an organization there is no way that such a comment is acceptable

Oh yes, I agree.

I have put it on Bicycle Safety as well as alerted the Helivac guys who go out of their way for our sport.

Ah! Of course. It had to be .....

hmmm interesting

the CHAIRMAN of thinkbike SA goes by the alias of stranger... no wonder its being swept under the rug. the person @ the VERY top of the organization is saying its ok to take out cyclists

why dont we all email paul young (stranger@thinkbike.co.za) and tell him what we think of his comment

Keep in mind, the screenshot you see on here was taken from a closed part of the forum and you are not seeing the whole thread, so you do not have the full context. This is not an excuse, just a fact. I reckon, if the comment really bothers you, to please e-mail Stranger and express your concern. The best idea I have seen in this regard fandacious. I would even suggest you also copy directors@thinkbike.co.za.

wrong. As chairman of an organization who promotes 2 wheel safety, it is grossly negligent to make comments like that on a public forum.

its tantamount to juju saying kill the whites to his followers and then later saying "oh but it was a joke"

As a public figure and leader of sch an organization there is no way that such a comment is acceptable

Do keep in mind, he did not make the statement on an public forum. It was made on a closed and private part of the forum, tantamount to speaking in his house. Someone, basically a person guilty of "espionage" made the screendump and posted it here.

Please note, I am not saying it is acceptable that Stranger made the comment, but accept that you do not have the contex and that it was not posted on a public forum.

I believe it was transfered here with the express purpose of damaging TB's name under cyclists. Cyclists who know full well that TB and Stranger is very passionate about your safety.

Edited by AMZ

Do keep in mind, he did not make the statement on an public forum. It was made on a closed and private part of the forum. Someone, basically a person guilty of "espionage" made the screendump and posted it here.

Public or not, it encourages the wrong approach, whether it being in jest or not.

How would you feel if the Subaru forum decided to make all motorcyclists fair game on their next run ?

Public or not, it encourages the wrong approach, whether it being in jest or not.

How would you feel if the Subaru forum decided to make all motorcyclists fair game on their next run ?

What you are trying to do now ? Go and jerk off somewhere else !

Cyclists who know full well that TB and Stranger is very passionate about your safety.

Well, it would appear what Stranger says openly isn't reflected in what he believes privately. :unsure:

What you are trying to do now ? Go and jerk off somewhere else !

This from a pesron who can't even look me in the eyes when he sees me face to face.

What did I do to piss you off ?

exactly...

what do you think the cycle shops who sponsor TB would have to say about something like this? even if it was made in jest....