Think Bike!

Peloton Piet

@ Stan

"What is stated in the post, as much as it may well have been tongue in cheek, it is very bad and to be quire honest the man should quite frankly apologise, rather than post the comment that he did."

Doesnt anybody read carefully any more???

If the comments that you have read offend you then, I apologise. There was no intent to offend.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite easy and quick to distinguish between the two. The one's bike is legal and has a number plate and the other's not.

BULL F*CKING SH*T!!!

BULL F*CKING SH*T!!!

Many crotch rockets on the road with a number plate the size of a postage stamp. What you getting upset about ?

@Fandacious. A side issue. If you dont have sufficient sense of humout to see the tongue-in-cheek nature of the statements in Stranger's post, then you better sincerely hope that other people do have.

"I always cry during sex. I think it might be the mace"

Serious woman's rights organisations may well consider that to be the statement of a comitted serial rapist. Are you one, or is this merely a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humour?

If I was the chairman of a womens rights movement, then absolutely. but I'm not.

My point is that stranger is the chairman of thinkbike and should act appropriately.

Secondly, stop shifting blame. This isnt about my signature or anything else. This is about the chairman of thinkbike behaving in a manner that is unbecoming

BULL F*CKING SH*T!!!

Did I step on a toe there? I take it you do not have a number plate on your bike.

Thanks for some clarity, mashal stan.

Unfortunately the thinkbike post was made by the thinkbike chairman. This is inexcusable, considering his position in the organization.

I'm pretty sure that the thinkbike chairman would NOT like his sponsors to see his post. I can kinda understand if some palooka who is a random member on the forum made that post, but for a person in his position to say things like that is under no circumstances acceptable

I have to agree with you, but have we all not at sometime in our lives said or done something without thinking.

He should be man enough to accept he crossed the line, and appologise, thats it.

Many crotch rockets on the road with a number plate the size of a postage stamp. What you getting upset about ?

Or tucked away in the wheel well.

Not shifting blame at all. Just an idle thought on peoples perceptions.

And he has publically apologised in this tread to anyone who may have been offended by his comments. Something that a lot of people seem to have not read. Or just ignored? Not sure which is worse. Either too stupid or too blinkered to care.

Did I step on a toe there? I take it you do not have a number plate on your bike.

I actually do and to respond to skott - and so do many who speed. Not the point really. It is comments like yours that causes the type of crap this thread turned out in the end.

Remember the most important rule of the road - He who is faster than you is an assh0le, he who is slower than you is an assh0le. So basically you are the only righteous one.

I actually do and to respond to skott - and so do many who speed. Not the point really. It is comments like yours that causes the type of crap this thread turned out in the end.

Remember the most important rule of the road - He who is faster than you is an assh0le, he who is slower than you is an assh0le. So basically you are the only righteous one.

Me - I'm not so sure. I've certainly noticed a trend that most erratic traffic weavers, breakfast run super speeders and overly fast lane straddlers either have no number plates, a postage stamp number plate or one stuck under the mud guard invisible to all and sundry.

A trend is certainly not fact but if you're not acting illegally then there's no need to hide your number plate is there?

Hey, thehubsa has all of a sudden increased it's members owing to just one post.

Now, after catching up with all the posts since my last visit, I have come up with the following.

TB does not disgrace those who buzz cyclists, ride like tjops and are reckless and endanger other's lives just for the thrill. That concerns me.

The forum members on the hub only ask for a safe environment to ride in and are appreciative of the TB members that do help out with marshaling of races :thumbup:

BUT, to secretly harbour such feelings for cyclists concerns me. There were on emoticons in that post - so no emotion can be read from it - just words. Yes it is a private forum, but to post such words..... what if some lightie sees it and says 'hey, this is our captain speaking.... lets give some cyclists a go this weekend'. Being a leader isn't just a position - it carries responsibility.

Now, back to the OP - what if by 'buzzing' a cyclist they have a heart attack? What then? Wouldn't you feel like the right a'hole? Hang on. Wait. You are already 1Km+ down the road and are having a fat laugh with your buddies about the ou toppie you just buzzed and the fright you gave him.

I am a biker and cyclist, but I never have any ill thoughts about f'ing around with the other guys. That is just nonsensical, bordering on stupidity. Kinda like why?

I have seen motorists, bikers and cyclists doing irresponsible things and then some reckless things. I sometimes wonder if that guy/gal isn't gonna wipe themself out by doing something like that at the wrong place.

Just a thought. Why did it become a TB hate thing? I was only concerned about what the guy wrote not on what forum and what his position was.

Remember, what you say and do echoes into eternity. You may kill someone in this lifetime, but it may result in your loved one being killed in the next by your actions....

I'm amazed this thread has gone so far. Lets all agree that there are idiots on both sides of the fence as well as good and responsible guys and gals.

Now lets all get out there and do what we do best, ride out bikes!!! Life is too short to complain about idiots that don't deserve our energy.

Thank you Marshal Stan. I didn't feel it was my place to be that explicit, so glad you came and elaborated.

The fact that I know from personal experience how pationately you and your peeps feel about road safety (for all) makes me feel happier when I head out on the road... To commute, shop, walk, ride or cycle. I know there are definitely some folk out there who care.

Slowpoke, you need to understand that I do not, in anyway think that the Helivac Marshals is not pasionate. I also I believe they do a great job on the road. I am on record more than once stating this. My points doesn't have a thing to do with their ability to keep all road users safer and even create road safety awareness. To my mind, that is beyond reproach.

It is however a fact that someone on the TB Forum is leaking information from the closed areas of the TB Forum to other forums. I have no respect for such a person regardless of who he is. I do not and did not in anyway suggest this person is in anyway connected with Helivac Marshals.

Edited by AMZ

AMZ, I can guarantee you I heard about the recent thread (the selective quoting one) from someone very much not linked in any way shape or form to Helivac Marshals.

Thing is, as previously pointed out on this thread... Your comments about trust are exactly the same as those made about whistle blowers... Without those few people willing to speak out about corruption etc the world would be an even worse place than it is.

An office bearer of ANY organisation must behave appropriately at all times, not just in public. Otherwise we must all agree that Shaik deserves full pardon, Zuma is a saint and there is nothing "shady" about Malema's lifestyle.