Think Bike!

Peloton Piet

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody deserves serious bodily harm or death, because they did something stupid.

au Contraire. (sp?)

it will sort out a lot of repeat offenders. Darwin has a point.

Think Bike is a request. At best we can distribute stickers, hang banners and ask other road users to be considerate. Some will and some won't. Some will be in cars, while others will be on bikes. Unfortunately, that is life as we know it. Some people are just downright inconsiderate, but keep in mind that their mode of transport is purely coincidental.

Personally, I feel compassion for someone who is injured, or worse, dead. Even if the injury or death is a result of his own making. We are all, after all, human and screw up all the time. Nobody deserves serious bodily harm or death, because they did something stupid.

Well said, and for the record the topic was posted not as an attack on Think Bike and their members, but rather too see if my experience was an isolated event or not.

It is never a pleasant experience to come across an accident, and yes I did have compassion for the biker.

There is a big difference between getting hurt in an accident and getting hurt because you know you are doing something stupid. The one is out of your hand and the other you do out of your own free will and choice. I don't feel anything for stupid people.

The big issue is that people with big machines feel empowered. There is that little bit inside every human that likes to be in control as such and boast because you can. Some people can handle it better than others. SOme people like to boast with expensive bikes, others like to mishandle animals or their wives (or both). Some people have a lot of hate inside themselves and bascially just wait for any oppertunity to make some sort of stupid statement. I know that a poor cyclist have no chance against me when I drive my big truck. So do others....

The difference is that I do not see this as an oppertunity to make a statement or to feel good about myself.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there met baie swak selfbeelde, which now uses any opportunity like this to empower themselves and "feel good".

It is almost like a total loser feeling bevok because the Bulls win, and he supports them, that now he is actually awesome because of this.

(PS:- I only use the bulls as an example) :P

Well said, and for the record the topic was posted not as an attack on Think Bike and their members, but rather too see if my experience was an isolated event or not.

It is never a pleasant experience to come across an accident, and yes I did have compassion for the biker.

No worry, I didn't see it as an attack on ThinkBike.

au Contraire. (sp?)

it will sort out a lot of repeat offenders. Darwin has a point.

There is a big difference between getting hurt in an accident and getting hurt because you know you are doing something stupid. The one is out of your hand and the other you do out of your own free will and choice. I don't feel anything for stupid people.

You guys can only say this if you are 100% sure that, you, your close family, your kids, will never, ever do something stupid in all their lifes. Me, I thank the deity of my choice every day that I did not kill myself or an innocent bystander because I did something stupid during the day.

Edited by AMZ

There are @rseh0l3s everywhere. Some ride bikes, some bicycles, some cars and some are pedestrians. While you are looking out to find the next @rseh0l3 that is going to totally bugger up your day, be careful that your response to him/her does not turn you into one as well! Remember it is a highly contagious condition born to a large degree out of lack of control of one's own ego.

.........and yes I am also one, just ask my wife!!! :lol:

There are @rseh0l3s everywhere. Some ride bikes, some bicycles, some cars and some are pedestrians. While you are looking out to find the next @rseh0l3 that is going to totally bugger up your day, be careful that your response to him/her does not turn you into one as well! Remember it is a highly contagious condition born to a large degree out of lack of control of one's own ego.

.........and yes I am also one, just ask my wife!!! :lol:

I work in Stellenbosch - many @rseh0l3s students pedestrians everywhere....... who naturally believe that the roads were specially designed and built for their exclusive use - I can write a book about the buggers

Hey, AMZ is here. Hiya :clap:

Reading the comments I'm worried it might be an imposter... not the style of reply I remember from him :-P .

Reading the comments I'm worried it might be an imposter... not the style of reply I remember from him :-P .

That sucks. Lemme alert him then.

I was alerted to this this morning - hope it hasn't been posted before… :unsure: post-1604-0-53623800-1315371116.jpg

Yeah, like this forum, that one has lots of threads and posts with people taking the piss. I'd not read too much into it, and at the time, the poster you have pictured here was the head of the marshalls, and has done plenty of good work marshalling cycling races and training rides. I think it's just a throw-away comment posted here out of context.

Here's the things on his current to-do list:

"Cancervive, UJ visited twice, route plan and Marshaling still to be done

MTN Zoo lake, permissions sorted, day before inspection do be done.

Slut walk, JOC meeting attended, ops plan presented (with assistance from event team)

Race for Victory

JHB Pride (JOC meeting today with event team)

Save the boobies

Journey of Hope

94.7 cycle challenge

Toy run "

Note the cycling events.

Don't believe everything you read on the interwebs, bongani.

Edited by TNT1

Don't believe everything you read on the interwebs, bongani.

But everything on the interwebs is true… :unsure:

And, while it could've been said in jest, it's pretty insensitive considering who many two-wheel lovers get killed on the roads.

But everything on the interwebs is true… :unsure:

And, while it could've been said in jest, it's pretty insensitive considering who many two-wheel lovers get killed on the roads.

EISH, not a nice thing to say, especially when coming from the chairman of a road safety campaign! TNT, I can add to the list if you want, but a lot of that was not done by the man himself.