Think Bike!

Peloton Piet

My views on TB are not secret... And you both know what those views are... Why should I have to waste my breath spelling them out again??! Also, in this thread there is no point in taking sides pro or anti TB as an organisation.

This thread was about how SOME motorcyclists (just like SOME cyclists, car drivers, pedestrians, etc) are morons. Why not leave it at that?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclists are the Juju's of the road. Think bikes relationship with road cycling has been a largely one way relationship, with thinkbike giving and the road cycling community taking, all the time. The first meeting (years back)between representatives between Think bike and the road cycling community basically started (and ended) with the cycling representative thinking that it would be great for think bike to marshal the cyclists around all saterday and sunday morning, at their own expense. The idea of cyclists taking responsibility for their own safety and cyclists joining thinkbike or advocating road safety was very quickly dismissed.

Not much has changed, and you might have guested that Stranger was the guy from thinkbike that initiated that meeting at a coffee shop outside a woolworths (and paid for the coffee)..........

So guys stop attacking the man, he has done more for you than you (and cycling) could ever do for him (and thinkbike or cycling.)

Stranger thank you for being the cyclists friend even when they don't realise it.

Nicely put. :thumbup:

I also wonder about your agenda, but then I visit your profile on Facebook and I understand.

Like what, that I sit in my car and wait for some fair game motorcyclist ?

Yes, clearly you are sucking an excuse out of you left thumb here.

My agenda is in the interest of cyclists and cycling.

We have had too many times a big tough biker pull of the road and run towards us swinging his fists, he can do this, because he is wearing a helmet and his is one super tough guy fighting a bunch of moffies in lycra.

I reckon you are one of those, and get over your privacy issue, please man it's getting tiresome.

You have also neglected to highlight the entire context of of the offensive private statement, give us the rest and we might change our views.

Edited by Dangle

When the unicycles in mtb races topic was raised during a recent ride my comment was "pah - they're so unstable a little nibble on the back wheel will have them in the bushes so you can pass easily". Everyone had a little giggle and we continued with our lives.

I didn't actually mean that we should run unicyclists off the path and I'm (fairly!!) sure none of my mates will actually do it.

Same thing applies to ThinkBikeManStrangerHeadDirector guy's comment.

Even I thought it was funny - I'm all for pepperspraying cops. Not really - it was a joke please don't copy and paste this to Metro Jhb.

Keep the molehills molehills and the mountains mountains people.

WTF???????????????

Anyone who can't see the sarcasm (or whatever you choose to call it), manner in which it was written, without knowing the context of the rest of the thread and wants to bash Stranger is a twat! Whoever took the screenshot is obviously trying to cause ***, and you lemmings have taken the bait!

FFS! The oke spends every weekend and plus some running his arse off checking and making sure everything on two wheels is as safe as possible at every event they're involved in!

Get a life and bitch about something worthwhile!

Yeah, 100%

Everything said in jest has a hint of truth. That said, I am so glad that I have decided no longer to do cycling races or cycle with clubs. If this is the attitude (even in jest) of the people who are meant to keep us safe then I feel much safer not doing events where said individuals are involved.

I ride a motorbike and know that rider stupidity is the rider not the whole biker community. Just like bikes and bicycles are as safe as the rider and the cages around them. Those individuals who race are first and foremost risking their lives and perhaps we should petition for speedbumps? Slow them down!

Theres my 1c.

Edited by mojopup

Like what, that I sit in my car and wait for some fair game motorcyclist ?

Yes, clearly you are sucking an excuse out of you left thumb here.

My agenda is in the interest of cyclists and cycling.

We have had too many times a big tough biker pull of the road and run towards us swinging his fists, he can do this, because he is wearing a helmet and his is one super tough guy fighting a bunch of moffies in lycra.

I reckon you are one of those, and get over your privacy issue, please man it's getting tiresome.

You have also neglected to highlight the entire context of of the offensive private statement, give us the rest and we might change our views.

I never said that you see a biker as fair game.

I am not making any excuses.

I believe your agenda is, in fact, to damage Stramger and ThinkBike.

I cannot express myself on so-called bikers attempting to threaten you.

I will not get over the privacy issue. I cannot and will not stop expressing my utter disgust at someone abusing trust.

I did not highlight the entore context as it is clear to see for anyone who wishes to do so. Also, I do NOT copy and paste information from a private forum to a public one.

I don't have a cooking clue who Stramger is and I have nothing to gain from damaging ThinkBike.

I am hot under the "lack of collar" from the post I read.

Surely you can understand this, as you seem a bit infuriated by our reaction to this "tongue in cheek" paragraph.

It's human nature.

But I will say, it kind of explains why some motorcyclists feel the need to brush close by when we are out on the road and why they feel the need to really drop a gear and make sure they zoom past with one hell of a noise when they get close and then they normally follow on with a middle finger.

It kinda makes sense now.

I will not get over the privacy issue. I cannot and will not stop expressing my utter disgust at someone abusing trust. I did not highlight the entore context as it is clear to see for anyone who wishes to do so. Also, I do NOT copy and paste information from a private forum to a public one.

Steady on...you seem to be getting hot under the collar and not thinking rationally.

THAT is what a lot of people say about whistle blowers

I will not get over the privacy issue. I cannot and will not stop expressing my utter disgust at someone abusing trust.

I did not highlight the entore context as it is clear to see for anyone who wishes to do so. Also, I do NOT copy and paste information from a private forum to a public one.

Hi There,

I was asked to come and take a look at this post, as there was some ranting and raving going on, and to be honest who ever put up the post is not my concern or my interest.

What is stated in the post, as much as it may well have been tongue in cheek, it is very bad and to be quire honest the man should quite frankly apologise, rather than post the comment that he did.

As for your statement that you are disgusted that someone is abusing trust, I would be very careful there, as it is a known fact amongst certain circles that you and others inside TB have done the very same thing that you are now saying you are disgusted about.

You and your fellow directors have posted up on your forum a private and confidential letter that was not even addressed to you, after your director (the very same one who has made the attached post) edited out that bits he did not want to people to see.

You even then made comments on that adding more fuel to the fire.

I have learnt one thing, and that is, don't throw stones in glass houses, you might get cut.

If you are as disgusted as you say you are, then sort your own house out before you make nasty comments about others.

The post is or was in very poor taste, joke or no joke, and he should apologise...if he does not, than as far as I am concerned he deserves every comment that comes his way.

Thanks for some clarity, mashal stan.

Unfortunately the thinkbike post was made by the thinkbike chairman. This is inexcusable, considering his position in the organization.

I'm pretty sure that the thinkbike chairman would NOT like his sponsors to see his post. I can kinda understand if some palooka who is a random member on the forum made that post, but for a person in his position to say things like that is under no circumstances acceptable

Oooh yes you are talking about those bikers that stands at the intersections controlling traffic while you race your bike around the city streets . What a bunch of selfish , only care about themself and their own safety hooligans ! BTW incase nobody has noticed , this is not germany , UK , USA or Timbaktu !!

Dude, please re-read that post and make sure you did read the word 'some' in there... he did not say all, just some.

Thank you Marshal Stan. I didn't feel it was my place to be that explicit, so glad you came and elaborated.

The fact that I know from personal experience how pationately you and your peeps feel about road safety (for all) makes me feel happier when I head out on the road... To commute, shop, walk, ride or cycle. I know there are definitely some folk out there who care.

@Fandacious. A side issue. If you dont have sufficient sense of humout to see the tongue-in-cheek nature of the statements in Stranger's post, then you better sincerely hope that other people do have.

"I always cry during sex. I think it might be the mace"

Serious woman's rights organisations may well consider that to be the statement of a comitted serial rapist. Are you one, or is this merely a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humour?

@Fandacious. A side issue. If you dont have sufficient sense of humout to see the tongue-in-cheek nature of the statements in Stranger's post, then you better sincerely hope that other people do have.

"I always cry during sex. I think it might be the mace"

Serious woman's rights organisations may well consider that to be the statement of a comitted serial rapist. Are you one, or is this merely a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humour?

That is sooo funny. Excellent first post.