Think Bike!

Peloton Piet

This from a pesron who can't even look me in the eyes when he sees me face to face.

What did I do to piss you off ?

It is very simple , one car/truck/biker/cyclists makes a ****up and every Hubber with a braincell shoots the whole group down ! Well I am all of above and nobody on this forum will catogorize me ! BTW if I did not look you in the eyes must be because you got huge jugs !!!

Edited by Tumbleweed
language

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Public or not, it encourages the wrong approach, whether it being in jest or not.

How would you feel if the Subaru forum decided to make all motorcyclists fair game on their next run ?

Let's take the Subaru Forum example you used and take that further:

First, if such a statement was made on a private part of the Subaru Forum, I would not know about it and as such, could not care about it either way.

Second, if someone on the inside of the Subaru Forum took the post out of the private area and reposted on a public forum, such as The Hub, I would immediately question the agenda of such a poster. To me, this is the same as sharing the contents of a private mail in public and it is especially devious if used out of context.

Thirdly, if I knew that the Subaru crowd were ardent bike supporters and I regularly saw them at biker's meeting, helping with traffic arangements, keeping bikers safe, etc. I would really question the post and accept that it looks worse than it is, because it was posted out of context and out of line by someone, clearly intent on causing harm.

When push comes to shove, any cyclist here who has experienced the TB Marshals in action, will know that we at TB and especially the TB Marshals are passionate about road safety in general and biker and cyclist safety in particular. This is fact. This of course doesn't mean that we do not say stupid things or make stupid jokes.

Edited by AMZ

On the one hand they help keep us safe during races and on the other hand they buzz us for a quick thrill. The difference between the two bikes is the rider - one is helpful - the other is a tool.

It's not about the bike - it's about the rider! A tool is a tool regardless of what he's riding...

Amen brother!!

It is very simple , one car/truck/biker/cyclists makes a ****up and every Hubber with a braincell shoots the whole group down ! Well I am all of above and nobody on this forum will catogorize me ! BTW if I did not look you in the eyes must be because you got huge jugs !!!

Pity I missed all the edited stuff.

Well, it would appear what Stranger says openly isn't reflected in what he believes privately. :unsure:

Not the first and certainly will not be the last.

Stranger is going to have one hell of a job carrying out damage control on this one.

If he was just joking he might as easily have used....dogs...or...children...imagine the uproar then!

Let's take the Subaru Forum example you used and take that further:

First, if such a statement was made on a private part of the Subaru Forum, I would not know about it and as such, could not care about it either way.

Second, if someone on the inside of the Subaru Forum took the post out of the private area and reposted on a public forum, such as The Hub, I would immediately question the agenda of such a poster. To me, this is the same as sharing the contents of a private mail in public and it is especially devious if used out of context.

Thirdly, if I knew that the Subaru crowd were ardent bike supporters and I regularly saw them at biker's meeting, helping with traffic arangements, keeping bikers safe, etc. I would really question the post and accept that it looks worse than it is, because it was posted out of context and out of line by someone, clearly intent on causing harm.

When push comes to shove, any cyclist here who has experienced the TB Marshals in action, will know that we at TB and especially the TB Marshals are passionate about road safety in general and biker and cyclist safety in particular. This is fact. This of course doesn't mean that we do not say stupid things or make stupid jokes.

I don't get it.

So to encourage unlawful behavior in private is OK ?

You say you know the Subaru guys and that they are passionate about motorbikes, would you be shocked if you did find a private mail form one of their more prominent members encouraging in jest that all motorcyclists are fair game ?

We thought we knew the TB guys and their ethos, somehow my views have changed a bit.

Not the first and certainly will not be the last.

Stranger is going to have one hell of a job carrying out damage control on this one.

If he was just joking he might as easily have used....dogs...or...children...imagine the uproar then!

I reckon it's much easier to just apolgise PUBLICALLY and we can all move on.

Ok, my turn to stir... AMZ and pieman... BOTH of you... *sigh* why bother... You both know what I'm thinking and we all know I'll just be repeating myself. If you don't search both thehub and tb forums.

BUT, one added point AMZ, based on RECENT "behind closed doors" conversations on a certain forum (no, I'm not secretly still there, concerned person merely advised me of it) quoting out of context is what certain people excel at... What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

Now can we ALL just hold hands and sing kumba-ya together for safety on the roads for all, every day and at events???

Slowpoke, I have NO idea what you're trying to say to me or AMZ.

WHoaaa Pieman! Finally something we agree on! ;-)

I don't get it.

So to encourage unlawful behavior in private is OK ?

You say you know the Subaru guys and that they are passionate about motorbikes, would you be shocked if you did find a private mail form one of their more prominent members encouraging in jest that all motorcyclists are fair game ?

We thought we knew the TB guys and their ethos, somehow my views have changed a bit.

No, I do not encourage lawless behaviour. What I am saying is that if you see only part of a conversation that took place in private it is highly likely that you would misunderstand as you do not know the whole context of what was said, or discussed. It seems you are encouraging lawless behaviour as you seem to not care much about the privacy laws being broken?

I did NOT say I know the Subaru guys and anything. I clearly stated that I continue onward with your example of using the Subary forum as an example.

I do repeat, that if I saw anything from any private area of a forum, posted over to a public forum, my biggest concern would be for the hidden agenda of the original poster. I would want to know WHY? What is the reason? When I then see someone like yourself, insist on making, what is clearly a silly (at worst stupid) remark into the ethos of TB, I also wonder about your agenda, but then I visit your profile on Facebook and I understand.

Edited by AMZ

Cyclists are the Juju's of the road. Think bikes relationship with road cycling has been a largely one way relationship, with thinkbike giving and the road cycling community taking, all the time. The first meeting (years back)between representatives between Think bike and the road cycling community basically started (and ended) with the cycling representative thinking that it would be great for think bike to marshal the cyclists around all saterday and sunday morning, at their own expense. The idea of cyclists taking responsibility for their own safety and cyclists joining thinkbike or advocating road safety was very quickly dismissed.

Not much has changed, and you might have guested that Stranger was the guy from thinkbike that initiated that meeting at a coffee shop outside a woolworths (and paid for the coffee)..........

So guys stop attacking the man, he has done more for you than you (and cycling) could ever do for him (and thinkbike or cycling.)

Stranger thank you for being the cyclists friend even when they don't realise it.

Afternoon all, I am right here and have no problem having a civil discourse with you.

It is plain for any one with an ounce of sense that this has been brought up with the intention of **** stirring and a deliberate attempt to discredit me. Why else would you copy and paste comments from a private board.

Further to this, if you read and understand the post correctly, you can see the tongue in cheek reference is actually a reminder to keep an eye out for cyclists while on the run as well as other references to drinking which serves the same purpose.

It seems to me that you take great delight in this type of trouble making. The truth being that you not only damage the relationship between cyclists and Think Bike but that you will ultimately cause damage to yourselves too.

WTF???????????????

Anyone who can't see the sarcasm (or whatever you choose to call it), manner in which it was written, without knowing the context of the rest of the thread and wants to bash Stranger is a twat! Whoever took the screenshot is obviously trying to cause ***, and you lemmings have taken the bait!

FFS! The oke spends every weekend and plus some running his arse off checking and making sure everything on two wheels is as safe as possible at every event they're involved in!

Get a life and bitch about something worthwhile!

Witkop, thank you

If the comments that you have read offend you then, I apologise. There was no intent to offend.

I do wonder though where does the line get drawn when you post humour on a private board, that board is then taken onto other forums with sinister intentions.

Should I get offended, or should I respect your right to your opinion ?

Witkop, thank you

If the comments that you have read offend you then, I apologise. There was no intent to offend.

I do wonder though where does the line get drawn when you post humour on a private board, that board is then taken onto other forums with sinister intentions.

Should I get offended, or should I respect your right to your opinion ?

I fail to see humour when two-wheeled commuters and enthusiasts - both motorised and non-motorised - are at threat every day on the roads.

I have no "sinister intentions". The quote was topical and relevant to the thread. If you can accept that, I'll accept that your intention and you had no "sinister intentions".