Why I'm done with road cycling

rudi-h

Wait what did I miss ... an E ?

Nah, BoB has more street cred than that, I think he might be making reference to something soft and smelly.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, BoB has more street cred than that, I think he might be making reference to something soft and smelly.

Just checking, wasnt to sure with all the new terminology that was created in the dibs tread :blink:

:thumbup:

Don't let idiots spoil it for you. Those who don't wear helmets, jump robots, litter...they're beneath you, ignore them, they probably don't have an education or lessons in manners you get when growing up. Enjoy your cycling and don't let their itiotic behaviour let you stop what you're enjoying.

Good call Cervelo - I was tempted not to try MTB because I saw some MTBers go through a red traffic light this morning, but hey, let them continue to be stupid.

Good call Cervelo - I was tempted not to try MTB because I saw some MTBers go through a red traffic light this morning, but hey, let them continue to be stupid.

WTF? 3 or 4 MTB's going over a red robot and now the whole cycling community wants to quit?

I saw a MTB yesterday who stopped next to the road and pissed. Therefore I demand that Burry Stander quits MTB now today.

Get over yourselves. If you want to judge a sport by what its participants does then we may just as well stop cycling all toghether as 70% of all pros is using performance enhancing drugs.

Now what is worse? a Red robot or EPO?

Hou net op pis asseblief......

WTF? 3 or 4 MTB's going over a red robot and now the whole cycling community wants to quit?

I saw a MTB yesterday who stopped next to the road and pissed. Therefore I demand that Burry Stander quits MTB now today.

Get over yourselves. If you want to judge a sport by what its participants does then we may just as well stop cycling all toghether as 70% of all pros is using performance enhancing drugs.

Now what is worse? a Red robot or EPO?

Hou net op pis asseblief......

Goodness dude, relax!!! Red robot is worse, because all cyclists gets tainted by the stupidity of a few. the general public don't know that cyclists use EPO, it doens't affect them.

Goodness dude, relax!!! Red robot is worse, because all cyclists gets tainted by the stupidity of a few. the general public don't know that cyclists use EPO, it doens't affect them.

Everyone knows!!!!!!

Cry.bmp

This thread is (like most) going south which was not the intention. You "support" events by entering. Withdrawing "support" from events that you believe to be not healthy to the community (litter and traffic problem described) is a way of doing something about the problem, because with decreasing numbers of entries, the organizers have to take these issues seriously. So this wasn't just a rant because I had a k@k day, it's my way to a solution, even if it doesn't seem like that.

By writing it on the hub, gives people like organisers some form of feedback, which will hopefully lead to more strict littering policies and a generally improved racing environment

I also thought about the road closure thing more: Why don't we more "criterium" type of races, maybe a smaller manageable footprint, but ending in 2 or 3 laps like the world champs. Surely it's nice to ride a "one loop" race without any repetition, but maybe it's something for smaller races to consider, which makes cleaning / sweeping easier too.

And no, I'm not selling my road bike, will still enjoy it every now and then and use it for triathlons or hill training etc. So I'm not letting "them" take my pleasure away. I have more than enough ways to enjoy sport!

This thread is (like most) going south which was not the intention.

There is something in the air on this forum again, it kinda turns nasty at every given opportunity.

Edited by Dangle

Criterium

Now there is a good idea! It will also make litter control easier as you can almost cover the whole area with marshals. Almost like the Germiston triathlon. 10km laps.

Thunderclap Newman, Phil Collins, Modern Talking or Sarah Brightman?

None of the above, it's more like flatulence, so much k@k going on here.