RAVE: fi'zi:k

jannosmit

So I sold my bike last month, but kept my Gobi, you guys know why thumbup1.gif , but when I saw the bottom, it was cracked in half!!!! sad.png So I searched the web, and saw I could make a Claim on the fi'zi:k website, which i did Tuesday night(13 Sept). Wednesday they replied, asking for the production date printed under my saddle and my address. Friday I received a email from UPS, the shipping company, which stated my new saddle was shipped on Thursday already. Saturday morning it was in Cape Town, and today (Monday 19 Sept) I received my new Gobi in Stellenbosch!! clap.gif In less than a week they sent me a replacement saddle, all the way from Italy, for free. clap.gif Yet another reason to buy a fi'zi:k, and proves their world class service!!!!!

Damn. Mine cracked in the same spot. I didnt even try a claim. Bought a new one the next day and dumped the cracked one.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just make me wonder if this "Industry Standard" is not easy way for South Africa dealers to escape from commitment and proper service.

Why can other countries adhere to guarantees without being pitiful about second hand goods within the guarantee period but South Africa can't with the excuse "Industry Standard"

My 2 cent.....dealers in South Africa is from the opinion that "we got our money, stuff the consumer and they just have to comply with our rules what we make"

Maybe it would benefit we as the consumer better to shop overseas and cut our local dealers out :ph34r:

Shopping overseas, you are even less likely to get a guarantee, or have a guarantee honored for that matter...

...plus by shopping overseas (online), you are supporting big (corporate) businesses, who are coining, with local dealers (small businesses) are all trying hard just ot make a living.

Shopping overseas, you are even less likely to get a guarantee, or have a guarantee honored for that matter...

...plus by shopping overseas (online), you are supporting big (corporate) businesses, who are coining, with local dealers (small businesses) are all trying hard just ot make a living.

So is it the agents doing the raping or the cycle shops?

For sure, but when you pay the local premium and then get treated like a criminal when the warrantee support is needed it makes buying cheaper overseas a very viable option?

Bike shops must take responsibility of the product they sell, take the distributors to book if they need to. That being said some LBS are legend but many are nit pickers of note, not nice when a lbs trys every loophole in the book to get out of helping you with a warrantee claim. Anyway most of them are flagrantly breaking the Cpa when it comes to warranties, like trying to assert that warranties are non-transferable , support to original owner only - even a second owner with the invoice and the item still within warranty - what a crock of sh1te.

The item is either faulty through manufacturer defect or not, no amount of different owners is going to change that, say I am the original owner of a part and I move the part between my bikes, which many of us do and my friend/cousin/brother rides my bike for a few months - what then, no warranty?

The overseas online guys typically support warranties really well , just a mission to get it over there but it is done.

Edited by Skylark

It just make me wonder if this "Industry Standard" is not easy way for South Africa dealers to escape from commitment and proper service.

Why can other countries adhere to guarantees without being pitiful about second hand goods within the guarantee period but South Africa can't with the excuse "Industry Standard"

My 2 cent.....dealers in South Africa is from the opinion that "we got our money, stuff the consumer and they just have to comply with our rules what we make"

Maybe it would benefit we as the consumer better to shop overseas and cut our local dealers out :ph34r:

In most cases, you'll find that they warranty was penned overseas, not here.

Ill shop local, but then charge a fair price... not a price that you hope will let you retire in 3 years time. I vote with my wallet, if its cheaper to buy overseas, thats exactly what I will do. I do not have a bottomless pit of money.

I had zero issues with my claim from Fizik directly, however Cajees and Nsquared were as useful as a Zimbabwean election.

The process I followed:

1. Stuffed around by cajees for a few weeks

2. Nsquared were just as useless

3. found this thread

4. Filled form on Fizik site about saddle

5. very next day got email from lady at Fizik

6. 10 minutes later I sent my response

7. 4 days later, brand new saddle in my hands at my office

Now please explain why I must shop local or deal with local when dealing with someone on the other side of the ocean is less painful with a fantastic result.

Ill shop local for little odds and bobs if I need them and certain things on my bike that I'd rather not do myself I will give to my trusty LBS

Thats my 2c

Ill shop local, but then charge a fair price... not a price that you hope will let you retire in 3 years time. I vote with my wallet, if its cheaper to buy overseas, thats exactly what I will do. I do not have a bottomless pit of money.

I had zero issues with my claim from Fizik directly, however Cajees and Nsquared were as useful as a Zimbabwean election.

The process I followed:

1. Stuffed around by cajees for a few weeks

2. Nsquared were just as useless

3. found this thread

4. Filled form on Fizik site about saddle

5. very next day got email from lady at Fizik

6. 10 minutes later I sent my response

7. 4 days later, brand new saddle in my hands at my office

Now please explain why I must shop local or deal with local when dealing with someone on the other side of the ocean is less painful with a fantastic result.

Ill shop local for little odds and bobs if I need them and certain things on my bike that I'd rather not do myself I will give to my trusty LBS

Thats my 2c

I agree with you!!!

1) Forward a mail to Fizik

2) Next day got a mail back requesting my address

3) 2 Days later a mail from DHL with tracking number (Sunday in between)

4) 3 Days later DHL South Africa contacted me and inform that my parcel was miss routed (No big deal)

5) 1 Day later parcel in my hands (and i am staying outline area....small coastal town)

Now that is what i call service....not this jumping around the bush from South African suppliers because they don't want to adhere to Guarantee....

With all due respect to your business....but if the small business who is trying hard to make a living can give me the same service at the same price as the big corporate who is coining it, i will most definitely support that small business.

Who thinks Specialized would do the same? I doubt it..

Spez replaced my saddle - did the claim through Olympic cycles. Took about 7 weeks.

Spez replaced my saddle - did the claim through Olympic cycles. Took about 7 weeks.

Crisis!!!

7 Weeks?? Did you do this by bush telegraph or morse code?

I had the same awesome service from Fizik.

Bought a bike with Fizik Antares saddle (carbon rails), carbon rails cracked (could still ride, although saddle was skewed), Fizik replaced with a Kurve since I opted for non-carbon rails and Kurve was the only Fizik option to fit the saddle clasp.

Anyway the Kurve's carbon body cracked. Fizik replaced free of charge. It cracked again and they repaired it and send me a replacement as well. This way if it happens again I still have a saddle to ride.

I will never buy anything else than Fizik, in my view they tick all the boxes!

• 3 years later...

this is awesome let me try was riding this morning and I heard awful squeaking. when we stopped to do an emergency repair on a guys derailleur that broke, looked and the saddle was cracked. i bought it in nov 2015 so it should still be fine right?