RAVE: fi'zi:k

jannosmit

I think we all can learn from our overseas colleagues. They still WANT to do business.

We sit around waiting for sht to happen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who thinks Specialized would do the same? I doubt it..

I bought a Spaz saddle from Olympic Cycles which broke

The manager from Spaz in Cape Town met me with a new one at PMB World Cup and a very cool cap for my son.

No complaints

So what's the Fizik Nsquared guys come back on all this?

Be interested to hear why he can't get off his ass and help us fellow south Africans , apart from reading from the hefty tomes of his "rule" book

Oh ffs, if the fcuking terms and conditions states that you must provide a fcuking proof of purchase then respect the system and keep the fcuking slip man.

Life happens and people lose their slips, not everyone is out to get something for free, sometimes people just want whats rightfully due to them, besides the manufacturer has shown they are prepared to assist, why not the distributor?

In my opinion its just another reason to buy internationally. SA companies continually bemoan the conditions of the economy and poor sales but fail to see the reasons customers are walking out from beneath their noses, which, as most will tell them is not cost related but due to disgraceful or often, non existent customer service. Quoting a page of rules when a customer is feeling aggrieved is hardly helpful, far better to have said "Sorry to hear about your issue, here's my number give me a call, and lets see what we can do".........or something along those lines.

I think the days of the SA consumer rewarding incompetence with sales just because its local are fast disappearing, to me, now, the local support /warranty on Fizik is worth squat, so why should I replace my Arione locally?....it seems to me better to just buy internationally, save yourself a few bob and if you have issues, deal direct and save yourself a headache......Win / Win if you ask me.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Life happens and people lose their slips, not everyone is out to get something for free, sometimes people just want whats rightfully due to them, besides the manufacturer has shown they are prepared to assist, why not the distributor?

In my opinion its just another reason to buy internationally. SA companies continually bemoan the conditions of the economy and poor sales but fail to see the reasons customers are walking out from beneath their noses, which, as most will tell them is not cost related but due to disgraceful or often, non existent customer service. Quoting a page of rules when a customer is feeling aggrieved is hardly helpful, far better to have said "Sorry to hear about your issue, here's my number give me a call, and lets see what we can do".........or something along those lines.

I think the days of the SA consumer rewarding incompetence with sales just because its local are fast disappearing, to me, now, the local support /warranty on Fizik is worth squat, so why should I replace my Arione locally?....it seems to me better to just buy internationally, save yourself a few bob and if you have issues, deal direct and save yourself a headache......Win / Win if you ask me.

Very true!

• 1 month later...

So I sold my bike last month, but kept my Gobi, you guys know why :thumbup: , but when I saw the bottom, it was cracked in half!!!! sad.gif So I searched the web, and saw I could make a Claim on the fi'zi:k website, which i did Tuesday night(13 Sept). Wednesday they replied, asking for the production date printed under my saddle and my address. Friday I received a email from UPS, the shipping company, which stated my new saddle was shipped on Thursday already. Saturday morning it was in Cape Town, and today (Monday 19 Sept) I received my new Gobi in Stellenbosch!! :clap: In less than a week they sent me a replacement saddle, all the way from Italy, for free. :clap: Yet another reason to buy a fi'zi:k, and proves their world class service!!!!!

I just did the same thing.

Fantastic!

i have had 2 fi'zi:k saddles, on both of them , the leather started to chafe away about 5 cm on either side of the tip of the saddle. this within a year of purchase. once the leather has curled up, you suffer holes in your cycling shorts. comfortable saddle but high maintenance. will not use again unless its for free.

• 5 weeks later...

So this morning my Fizik saddle decided that it has had enough of my fat arse and cracked. On getting home I checked the hub to see if there was a problem with these saddles. After reading all the posts I prepared myself to contact the dudes in Italy but thought nothing ventured nothing gained and phoned the guys at Nsquared. What a pleasure. I was told to go to my bike shop and get a new on fitted. The guys at N squared were fantastic,sort of popped my bubble as I was getting ready for a fight. So well done Nsquared.

So this morning my Fizik saddle decided that it has had enough of my fat arse and cracked. On getting home I checked the hub to see if there was a problem with these saddles. After reading all the posts I prepared myself to contact the dudes in Italy but thought nothing ventured nothing gained and phoned the guys at Nsquared. What a pleasure. I was told to go to my bike shop and get a new on fitted. The guys at N squared were fantastic,sort of popped my bubble as I was getting ready for a fight. So well done Nsquared.

Great having the local guys pulling their weight!thumbup1.gif

• 7 months later...

Okay so on Wednesday I notice that my Fizik Nisene Saddle had cracked underneath. I bought the saddle in 2011 and was probably the most comfortable saddle that i ever owned.

Not sure if the saddle was still under guarantee i start looking for the slip. So be it, can not find it :wacko:

By this time I realised that the agents in South Africa will not assist as they will hammer on the fact that they want the purchase slip and me not having it will not get any joy from them.

Quite disappointing I search the HUB SA and got to this page and found a link to the website. I decided to sent them a mail through the quality claim link, but the link keep on disconnecting.

I ended up sending them a direct mail last night and surprised to receive a mail from them this evening asking for my physical address where they can sent my replacement saddle. :clap:

Before this incident i started to look around for a replacement saddle for one of my other bikes. I can assure you that there is no question that it will be a Fizik again.

hi guys

we are NSQUARED Distribution.

Apologies if you find our warranty system frustrating, but there are reasons why we do it in this way:

We are responsible for covering all aftermarket warranties on goods sold by us proof of purchase shows us that:

• the saddle was purchased from an authorized dealer in South Africa
  • we are not authorised to warranty product bought outside SA ie goods bought in the UK or America
  • that the saddle is in the warranty period
  • that it is the original buyer seeking warranty - there is no warranty on second buyer goods

It is our aim to get your warranty sorted out within 1 week.

We have not been contacted at any time this year, by Cajees Fourways requesting a warranty saddle.

If you have a warranty saddle, please feel free to contact us directly to sort it out. This is a quicker and direct route to ensure that you get your replacement saddle quickly.

021 702 0140

admin@nsquared.co.za

youre contradicting yourself...what difference does it make if the saddle is second hand but still within the warranty period?

surely the change in ownership shouldn't have any effect on your products quality and the period which it should last?

it would make sense that, if you had confidence in your product you would extend the warranty to the second owner and cover it for any defects within the original owners warranty period

youre contradicting yourself...what difference does it make if the saddle is second hand but still within the warranty period?

surely the change in ownership shouldn't have any effect on your products quality and the period which it should last?

it would make sense that, if you had confidence in your product you would extend the warranty to the second owner and cover it for any defects within the original owners warranty period

Not a contradiction at all. It's an industry standard.

Not a contradiction at all. It's an industry standard.

It just make me wonder if this "Industry Standard" is not easy way for South Africa dealers to escape from commitment and proper service.

Why can other countries adhere to guarantees without being pitiful about second hand goods within the guarantee period but South Africa can't with the excuse "Industry Standard"

My 2 cent.....dealers in South Africa is from the opinion that "we got our money, stuff the consumer and they just have to comply with our rules what we make"

Maybe it would benefit we as the consumer better to shop overseas and cut our local dealers out :ph34r: