RAVE: fi'zi:k

jannosmit

This was my argument in another forum about this topic.

It's clear that there is a problem with this product, and they know about. Why must I chase my tail looking for POP?

They know the manufacturer will warrantee it...

Pity I love this saddle, otherwise I would have moved to something else.

Indeed, especially if its a know problem. I always tell people about my Sony cam corder, I bought one of the first DVD type in NY a few years ago, after about 6 months the LED packed up, so I called Sony locally and told him the story, he told me to take it to a sony dealer and they would send it in or just take it myself to the repair centre which at the time was in City Deep JHB, so I did, I'll never forget the guy's name was Carel, he didn't ask for proof of purchase, credit card slips, or when I had my last blood and urine test, he just switched it on, looked in the viewer, said its a known problem, threw it in a box and gave me a requestion form to go get another at any dealer.

Since that day I am a firm Sony brand buyer. Its not difficult to get customer loyalty, just sort out their issues without making them jump through hoops and you will be amazed.........but of course that's customer service, some companies have that ethic, some dont.!

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boom.

So from me contacting them to my new saddle arriving was 6 days (including the weekend)

Super-impressed with the service I got.

It's about time N2 smartened up in this area...

Sweet! :clap:

• 11 months later...

I had an issue with mine being broken just the same a few weeks back. I took it to Cajees and got the mess around for a week and then eventually got a call a few days later that I had to email my proof of purchase to Nsquared or something... FFS Its a 2010 Model Giant Trance which I bought the bike from Cajees in Fourways, go to the agent and get them to honour the warranty.

To cut a long story short I went and filled out the Fizik claim form on the website, they contacted me, I gave them all they need and I got my brand new Gobi in less than a week.

Im not bothered with my old seat, nsquared or cajees can keep it.

Lesson learnt, I get better service from a company nearly 14,000km away than I do from local. This is the reason Ill buy stuff I need from across the pond.

Local service is $h!t from both Cajees and this other bunch in Cape Town

hi guys

we are NSQUARED Distribution.

Apologies if you find our warranty system frustrating, but there are reasons why we do it in this way:

We are responsible for covering all aftermarket warranties on goods sold by us proof of purchase shows us that:

• the saddle was purchased from an authorized dealer in South Africa
  • we are not authorised to warranty product bought outside SA ie goods bought in the UK or America
  • that the saddle is in the warranty period
  • that it is the original buyer seeking warranty - there is no warranty on second buyer goods

It is our aim to get your warranty sorted out within 1 week.

We have not been contacted at any time this year, by Cajees Fourways requesting a warranty saddle.

If you have a warranty saddle, please feel free to contact us directly to sort it out. This is a quicker and direct route to ensure that you get your replacement saddle quickly.

021 702 0140

admin@nsquared.co.za

hi guys

Apologies if you find our warranty system frustrating, but there are reasons why we do it in this way:

We are responsible for covering all aftermarket warranties on goods sold by us proof of purchase shows us that:

• we are not authorised to warranty product bought outside SA ie goods bought in the UK or America
  • that it is the original buyer seeking warranty - there is no warranty on second buyer goods

We have not been contacted at any time this year, by Cajees Fourways requesting a warranty saddle.

If you have a warranty saddle, please feel free to contact us directly to sort it out. This is a quicker and direct route to ensure that you get your replacement saddle quickly.

021 702 0140

admin@nsquared.co.za

Really Now?

well... **** me someone is talking out their poopy hole, Cajees told me to email my proof of purchase to you guys after a week of wasting my time, fcuking me around saying YOU guys havent come to collect it!

I didnt so much as get a courtesy call, I had to go back into Cajees to enquire!!!!!!

If I can get a warranty claim sorted out directly from Selle Royal myself which was less painful and no BS what are you guys for?

Do you just sell the product locally and hope everyone keeps a till slip so that you can tell them to get buckled when they dont have it?

Ill continue to buy goods overseas with service like I got from Selle Royal,

a.) its cheaper and,

b.) a warranty claim is painless and fast

Edit: Spelling

Edited by SeanN

Oh ffs, if the fcuking terms and conditions states that you must provide a fcuking proof of purchase then respect the system and keep the fcuking slip man.

Oh ffs, if the fcuking terms and conditions states that you must provide a fcuking proof of purchase then respect the system and keep the fcuking slip man.

I have my slip, If Cajees told me this from the beginning it could have saved a lot of time, instead of waste my time and leave me hanging with crap story.

Someone is talking crap either nsquared or Cajees.

Cajees shouldnt have taken my broken saddle and say we'll sort it out and then sit with it for a week until I come back again wanting an update when they had all my contact details from the outset.

If South African businesses didnt try screw over the public and rape our wallets we wouldnt need to buy from overseas stores... keeping precious hold of a till slip wouldnt be a necessity if it were cheaper to buy locally and service was good to keep the customers buying local.

Mishaps do happen and people do lose small bits of paper.

Respect the system thats evolved to screw the consumer in SA? I think not, show a bit of commitment and win people back with service and willingness to make a plan.

Ive been shafted 1 too many times which makes me more and more anti dealing with local.

hi guys

021 702 0140

admin@nsquared.co.za

How is it that the guys halfway around the world in Italy can process the claim and get it flown all the way to Africa in 6 days and you can't take the initiative to say : there are many Fizik seats that are in SA used by my clientele which are covered by this free recall , why don't I do them a favor and negotiate a way in which I can service these warranty claims rather than have my clients bypass me and realize "hey we don't actually need the SA distributor because he doesn't care to help us out when we need him"

I have had more than 1 experience with recalls of this nature and if the local distributor is jacked up they swop out no questions asked . No receipt is needed as this is not a normal warranty claim , it's an acknowledged factory defect that has resulted in a recall , I'd advise you to get with it!

I had an identical experience with a very expensive Logitech keyboard that had a known issue with sticky keys , the local distributor couldn't be bothered.

What you know Logitech Europe had absolutely no problem swopping it out - gave them the serial number - they confirmed it was from the faulty batch , swop out authorized.

1 week later UPS was at my door delivering a brand new keyboard , sent all the way from Denmark.

I buy all my Logitech products on eBay now.

If this is the way the SA distributor treats us , with distrust and unhelpfulness then maybe buying online from overtheseas is for the better.

Fizik head office in Italy is leading the way - maybe follow them.

Edited by Skylark

How is it that the guys halfway around the world in Italy can process the claim and get it flown all the way to Africa in 6 days and you can't take the initiative to say : there are many Fizik seats that are in SA used by my clientele which are covered by this free recall , why don't I do them a favor and negotiate a way in which I can service these warranty claims rather than have my clients bypass me and realize "hey we don't actually need the SA distributor because he doesn't care to help us out when we need him"

I have had more than 1 experience with recalls of this nature and if the local distributor is jacked up they swop out no questions asked . No receipt is needed as this is not a normal warranty claim , it's an acknowledged factory defect that has resulted in a recall , I'd advise you to get with it!

I had an identical experience with a very expensive Logitech keyboard that had a known issue with sticky keys , the local distributor couldn't be bothered.

What you know Logitech Europe had absolutely no problem swopping it out - gave them the serial number - they confirmed it was from the faulty batch , swop out authorized.

1 week later UPS was at my door delivering a brand new keyboard , sent all the way from Denmark.

I buy all my Logitech products on eBay now.

If this is the way the SA distributor treats us , with distrust and unhelpfulness then maybe buying online from overtheseas is for the better.

Fizik head office in Italy is leading the way - maybe follow them.

Skylark... Very well said, my sentiments exactly!