Show us your pets

tunariaan

Managed to get some pics of my new critter, only 1 as the other guy is still too small. maybe next month.

It's a brazilian purplebloom, gorgeous little thing. So happy!!!! ultra rare in RSA.

Sjoe, that's tiny! Do you name your spiders?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sjoe, that's tiny! Do you name your spiders?

Too many to name. I started with the first 2 or 3 but then you just can't keep up after that.

This is a 2nd in star sling so it has molted twice already, the adult size for this species is about 16cm and will take about 2-3 years till it matures.

Managed to get some pics of my new critter, only 1 as the other guy is still too small. maybe next month.

It's a brazilian purplebloom, gorgeous little thing. So happy!!!! ultra rare in RSA.

post-35569-0-79988700-1391146201_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-08004700-1391146205_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-86979200-1391146209_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-92756000-1391146213_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-05999400-1391146224_thumb.jpg

Pamphobetus?

Too many to name. I started with the first 2 or 3 but then you just can't keep up after that.

This is a 2nd in star sling so it has molted twice already, the adult size for this species is about 16cm and will take about 2-3 years till it matures.

Know what you mean! When I had 10 puppies, I struggled to remember who was who!

16cm :eek: ..........they eat people.....

My Brazilian red & white should get to about 22cm....

Not in my house it wouldnt.........

Just joking.I just have an absolute fear of spideys....had some horrible experiences when young

Guest Latent Blue

post-35569-0-79988700-1391146201_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-08004700-1391146205_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-86979200-1391146209_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-92756000-1391146213_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-05999400-1391146224_thumb.jpg

I will bequc myself!!! i will admit that i am a complete p*ssy when it comes to spiders!!!!

Not in my house it wouldnt.........

Just joking.I just have an absolute fear of spideys....had some horrible experiences when young

I find them fascinating. Been in the hobby about 18 months or so, started off wanting the really big ones. There are some rarities coming into the hobby now, like sk27's little beauty, thanks to some really dedicated breeders.

Just found this pup on Benoni Road dodging cars.

Stopped and picked her up, took her to the SPCA - no reports yet of a lost doggy, and no chip.

Left my details.

AS some of you know, i have a brown male boxer pup named Tyson, this is a little Female.

She is so cute.

I have a monthly debit order on my bank account as a donation to FORA ( Friends Of Rescued Animals ) This story has made me increase it by 50 % . I am posting this not to try and score some points , but maybe it will motivate other Hubbers to do the same.

very pretty little guy . do they let you just hold them and not try to scurry away? and do you not get bitten?

Pamphobetus?

Thats correct sir, Pamphobeteus sp. platyomma to be precise.

R400 so very reasonable.

16cm :eek: ..........they eat people.....

Thats small, a T blondi gets to just over 30cm!!!

I find them fascinating. Been in the hobby about 18 months or so, started off wanting the really big ones. There are some rarities coming into the hobby now, like sk27's little beauty, thanks to some really dedicated breeders.

Don't know if you know Hendrik, but drop me a PM and I'll give you his details. Doing am absolutely amazing job.

On that note if anybody knows of a mature male Pamphobeteus ultramarinus, please let me know!!!

very pretty little guy . do they let you just hold them and not try to scurry away? and do you not get bitten?

Thanks Uni, I dont generally handle my T's. Its not benefitial to either party.

I had a few ornamentals whose bites are apparently very sever. I personally havent been bitten yet. Touch wood......