Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice name. So far, I used three US states in dogs' names. A lab called Alaska, Utah is Tumbles's middle name, and Alabama who was recently run over.

WHAT? :eek:

Oh no Tumbles - Im so sorry. Thinking of you. :blush:

WHAT? :eek:

Oh no Tumbles - Im so sorry. Thinking of you. :blush:

Thank you. It's the first time I've mentioned it. It was kinda hard to talk about so I kept it to myself. She was an awesome woof. She'll live on through the pics and feedback I get from the people who adopted her and Tumbles's pups. Like Spencer…

post-1604-0-13871200-1403255836_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tumbleweed

Thank you. It's the first time I've mentioned it. It was kinda hard to talk about so I kept it to myself. She was an awesome woof. She'll live on through the pics and feedback I get from the people who adopted her and Tumbles's pups. Like Spencer…

That sucks dude, sorry to hear it

Ours, chilling in the sun yesterday and Stella giving Ed a bit of a bath

post-1575-0-35765300-1403264200_thumb.jpg

Ai ! Die lewe is lekker !

Oh no man, thats crap. Know how you feel.

These are my 2 little fur balls. Unfortunately the older one had to be put down after her body started to shutdown but a 18 years that expected.

The younger one is now about 8 and is crazy intelligent, knows about 50 different words and will come and call/talk to you when she needs to go out to do her business, or she want's to be fed and oh boy can it tell the time 5 O-clock and it comes a calling you could set your watch by it. or it want's to go for a walk and it knows Sundays because it gets 2 walks.

post-40232-0-62314200-1403290336_thumb.jpg

post-40232-0-74836400-1403290335_thumb.jpg

I need to get a more resent pic up!!

Guest EdEdEd
Ours, chilling in the sun yesterday and Stella giving Ed a bit of a bath

Awww. Thanx for the bath!

(Haha, just joking. Its cool that you named your dog after me though)

Has anyone uses our domestic airlines to fly in SA with a pet. Thinking of taking Tumbles for another beach visit. Seems a pricey outing. Any advice or pointers?

Has anyone uses our domestic airlines to fly in SA with a pet. Thinking of taking Tumbles for another beach visit. Seems a pricey outing. Any advice or pointers?

Dark glasses, white stick, walking harness for tumbles (tape some sticks to the "reins" to stiffen them up a bit)....then remember not to check out any hot air hostesses on the flight! :thumbup:

But seriously, yes I have done it when my boytjie was about 6 months. He had to be in a holder that he could stand up & turn around in.

Vet gave us a sleeping pill for him, we gave it to him on the bus from the long term parking & by the time we got into the terminal his legs didnt work, so he did the double splits & lay on the tiles until we loaded him into the crate. By the time we landed we could hear him howling from the hold :whistling:

Apparently they had had a lion in there the day before, so it must have smelt a bit scary!! LOL

Anyway, i think it cost us about R400 then, but that was ages ago. Check with Kalula as everytime I leave from Lanseria there are lots of people flying with their woofs.

It goes on weight & size of the box I think.

kulula

• A maximum of 20kg in total including pet, container, food and food carrier is charged at a flat rate of R350
  • A container that exceeds 20kg and up to 32kg is charged with an additional heavy bag fee of R250
  • A container that exceeds 32kg will have to be arranged to be carried as cargo at least 24hours before departure. Call Express Air Services 011 230 4600 for a quote and a booking
  • You cannot purchase extra bags to pay for pet carriage
  • Guide dogs travelling with people with disabilities are carried free of charge but we may need to charge if an adjacent seat has to be withdrawn from use to accommodate a disabled customer and accompanying assistance dog

To make a reservation for pet transport call our Contact Centre at least 72 hours prior to departure on 0861 KULULA (585852).