Show us your pets

tunariaan

We like to say "our Dogs is like family".

Well, to them them WE ARE THEIR FAMILY, as we are part of their pack. THEIR WHOLE EXISTANCE.

When I stop at home in the afternoon, I can hear my female Pekingese go crazy inside the house. She cannot wait for me to open the door so that she start her ritual of first the very excited greeting, then she runs into the house to find her favorite squeeky ball, runs outside and waits on the grass for us to begin our ritual "soccer game". She puts the ball infront of me, anticipates my move like a true soccer player, and runs off to fetch the ball I kicked away, just to repeat the process.

In the meantime the male does his best to play defence and disrupt the game.

Sjoe, now I can't wait to get home so the games can begin.....

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that the other day... Little bliksem looks like he's on hunter/killer mode..

He he, yeah. I was on a duck whistle to get them to come back. For a baster wors she does look quite focused!

look was that the old lady?

Im so sorry for your loss..

You now have one of the best bloodlines in SA

expensive yes..but you cant put a price on a animal like this or for that matter any animal. .they are all family.

This younster has perfect dark eyes..hope the kids and the family are enjoying her.

have you named her yet?

Brave Fudge, I'll sit on someones lap near George the cat, but if you go, I'm also leaving. That cats dangerous ;)

post-2975-1409239691,8727.jpgpost-2975-1409239717,8928.jpg

Cats have that rare ability to look all chilled and half asleep - then suddenly to erupt like a volcano of hissing, spitting, claws and teeth!

Cats have that rare ability to look all chilled and half asleep - then suddenly to erupt like a volcano of hissing, spitting, claws and teeth!

Look at Georges ears, they say come any closer and you are in trouble. He's a big cat, bigger than the dog.

In my house, this is the little monster that keeps everyone, not just the dog, in their place . She's called Polly, and yes, I know it's a parrots name, we inherited her, all crazy name and attitude. Perhaps it's the bird name that makes her so cranky?

post-17716-0-90005800-1409240205_thumb.jpg

look was that the old lady?

Im so sorry for your loss..

You now have one of the best bloodlines in SA

expensive yes..but you cant put a price on a animal like this or for that matter any animal. .they are all family.

This younster has perfect dark eyes..hope the kids and the family are enjoying her.

have you named her yet?

No, that is Rushka. She is two years old now. Very gentle dog as well, Russian and German bloodlines. Got her from Shani. The puppy is very cute, had no problem fitting in. She has taking a real liking to me. If I move she runs behind me, even early mornings when I stand up and walk up to my office next door, she follows me. My wife has named her Mienke, but I would prefer something else. Retha wants to register with a name starting with M.

This is Shivakapost-26136-0-16771900-1409248384_thumb.jpg

Edited by LOOK695

Both stunning dogs! Super chilled... :thumbup:

Dog names are such a personal thing, I'm not even going to venture into possibilities.

Both stunning dogs! Super chilled... :thumbup:

Dog names are such a personal thing, I'm not even going to venture into possibilities.

not even one?!

Brave Fudge, I'll sit on someones lap near George the cat, but if you go, I'm also leaving. That cats dangerous ;)

post-2975-1409239691,8727.jpgpost-2975-1409239717,8928.jpg

My fiancee pointed out last week Sunday that the downstairs people had a Jack's Russell and how cute she looked with her 4 pups.

I kept quite.

Two days later the mom started barking...

All the pups were gone, and the mom found her new surrounds (they moved in two weeks ago) and started making her mark.

The cute factor were gone...

So Monday the fiancee complained about the 23 hours a day of barking... I am so glad I do not sleep on the north side of the flat.

She he can deal with the aah cute dog (demon incarnate in my eyes)

Oh and the jack's Russell found the two labs next door...

So garden and grass are no more... And I can just smile and watch her spin out every patch of grass...

not even one?!

Haha, if it must... since it's a Rottie, the first thing that popped into my mind was (One does not simply walk into) Mordor... but that does not work well for calling and so on... does not roll of the tongue nicely.

Minion works better in that aspect - and will work well as a girl name, plus the irony works for me (like I said, it's a very personal thing!) and it's quite "current" - and will be popular with the kid(s).

I got this site to give you a heck of a list of names. (http://www.mans-best-friend.org.uk/dog-puppies-names-dictionary-m.htm)

But really, it's so personal... We have a food-ish trend, starting when my wife called her first lab Fudge. Which was followed by Cheddar... then Taz, which is an exeption, but he kept chasing his tail as a puppy from day one. The one we lost a couple of weeks ago was Nugget - but that is incidental food, he was named because of his colour. And the remaining Ridgeback is Kahlua, back to the food-influence.

But it's fun when they actually choose names based on something else than letters. My very first own dog was from a litter where the breeder decided on using gem names! And they were so well studied that they all got very apt names by the time they left for their owners.

Good luck - it's a fun exercise!