Show us your pets

tunariaan

Thanks Uni, she is a sweetie, ask Tumbles. Living on a farm, with a fence that's not dog proof, surrounded by sheep= recipe for disaster. So the answer has to be no. Also we have a sheepdog, Jackie, and 2 cats, that's enpugh pets for now.

She's a gorgeous, little creature! One of my fondest memories of my stay at your place was her cute, wee face at the door in the morning waiting for me to come search for eggs with her! :) 

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very different angle, but made me think....

Made me think too, that look they give you as you drive down the driveway. And everyday at they go down to the gate to welcome you home. (worked from home the one day and they went down to wait for my wife to come home, they do the same for me at 17:30)

Thor and Emily,

best friend sitting watching me braai.attachicon.gif20140820_180613.jpg

Thor in his new swimming gear,

he swims slightly worse than a brick so we have had to help him out a bit.attachicon.gif20140917_172358.jpg

Have yet to put him in the pool though.

He looks VERY much like Congo, but Congo has only 3 white hairs on his chest,

Ming (the Labbie/Mastiff cross) does laps in the pool, Congo on the other hand just goes on the top step (second if it's REALLY hot)

He looks VERY much like Congo, but Congo has only 3 white hairs on his chest,

Ming (the Labbie/Mastiff cross) does laps in the pool, Congo on the other hand just goes on the top step (second if it's REALLY hot)

I have seen the pics,

they do look similar.

How old is Congo now, my boy is 2.5.

I wish Thor would sit on the step, he refuses to get in and runs around and falls in.

I have seen the pics,

they do look similar.

How old is Congo now, my boy is 2.5.

I wish Thor would sit on the step, he refuses to get in and runs around and falls in.

They'll BOTH be 3 on 29 November

Yes, they were born on the same day. Don't know how many confused looks I get when I mention this to new people, including one response, "From the same litter???

Thor and Emily,

he swims slightly worse than a brick so we have had to help him out a bit.attachicon.gif20140917_172358.jpg

Make really sure the strap that fits around his chest is tight and cannot loosen. If it is too loose they get a front paw stuck in it when doing a doggy paddle and then their heads go under immediately. Same thing applies to a loose collar - dangerous when swimming. Otherwise the life jacket works like a charm. 

Make really sure the strap that fits around his chest is tight and cannot loosen. If it is too loose they get a front paw stuck in it when doing a doggy paddle and then their heads go under immediately. Same thing applies to a loose collar - dangerous when swimming. Otherwise the life jacket works like a charm. 

I will make certain everything is perfect with him and the vest.

My wife is super paranoid with these things.

i doubt he will do doggy paddle,

his only attempt as swimming properly to date was just a bunch of splashing.

Funny though is that our other dog is the equivalent of Michael Phelps.

have to teach him to swim with this.

Thor and Emily,

I need one of those swimming vests!

I have always described the way my staffie swims as a brick.

She is just too heavy and all she can do is keep her head above the water, its just a mad ball of foam around her with the way she tries to swim.

My Staffie was crazy over water. Would jump into the pool at every opportunity and do laps. Was a real struggle to coax him out of the pool.

He also jumped into the bath with me almost daily.

When going running on the farm, he knew exactly where the next water trough was. He would then sprint ahead, jump into the trough and watch me jog by, his chin resting on the side. He would then jump out, run next to me till the next trough, and the process would then repeat itself.

I miss my Pumba!!

I need one of those swimming vests!

I have always described the way my staffie swims as a brick.

She is just too heavy and all she can do is keep her head above the water, its just a mad ball of foam around her with the way she tries to swim.

I got mine from these guys,

www.furballpet.co.za

They were super helpful and not badly priced.

My Staffie was crazy over water. Would jump into the pool at every opportunity and do laps. Was a real struggle to coax him out of the pool.

He also jumped into the bath with me almost daily.

When going running on the farm, he knew exactly where the next water trough was. He would then sprint ahead, jump into the trough and watch me jog by, his chin resting on the side. He would then jump out, run next to me till the next trough, and the process would then repeat itself.

I miss my Pumba!!

Wish my Staffie was like that,

he loves water but is scared of the pool as he has ended up at the bottom and fights if i try put him in. He will only go chest deep in damns as well.

The female cross i have is a different story,

she stays by the pool if it is open jumps in has a swim and catches the bubbles.

On our last holiday she swan across a lake about 250m and back.