PAINKILLERS FOR IRONMAN

MAVERICK 13

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Garfield - I just read your post. If you are in so much pain that you are considering taking pain relief before you start I would seriously reconsider doing the race. You might do yourself some proper harm.

If you're just being a girl about the whole thing HTFU and get on with it. It's an ironman and it is supposed to hurt.

I lıke camerons post. Paın ıs weakness leavıng the body. Vok dıt, ek gaan nıe eers gels en koeldrank vat nıe. Ek gaan organıes pappa. Net water. Go green!

Cant wıthdraw. Te veel ure ıngesıt en geld spandeer

Big alarm bells there, mate. Seriously. Can it now, and you 'waste' that time and money. Try again when time and finances allow, but I can almost guarantee you if you go and start injured, and you will end up not finishing, wasting all that time and money anyway, and quite probably never be able to even think of doing it again.

Not what you want to hear, I know, sorry!

I know, but just incase the need for painkillers does arise. What would be the best to use?

Thats like saying "do u know of any short cuts, just in case I cant make the cut off"

I'll put money on it a couple of Myprodols will be swallowed coming down the Glen (*enter the pain cave*). That is going to HURT and then only 33km to go on the run...at least the views will be good!

Marathon tapering

12 September 2011 - 02:04

I was wondering. There is a 50km marathon on Sunday (city2city)

I was planning on only dong a bit of swimming etc for the week. Would it be ok for me to run like 5km's today or should I rest the legs totally?

I am moderately fit. Did around 40 - 50km a week up until now and a bit of cycling.

'Moderately fit' a fortnight ago... when exactly is this Ironman you aren't going to be ready for?

Is this thread for real?

I understand you all want to do the IM, but having to take pain killers before/during the event is absolutely ridiculous. Pain killers and anti inflammatory's put huge strain on your kidneys and throwing in an IM on top of that is ridiculous.

Further, pain killers and anti inflammatory drugs can and probably do contain banned substances for racing, so to add to the damage you doing to your kidneys you also racing illegally.

Bottom line, race slower or recover enough over the next few weeks/months to ensure you are pain free on race day.

Cant wıthdraw. Te veel ure ıngesıt en geld spandeer

You need to ask yourself whether your accumulated hours so far are worth trading for what could potentially be the next year of sport.

I had a niggling knee injury at the end of last year. I ignored it and continued riding culminating in the 94.7 last year. At the end of that race, My knee was burning - felt like someone had driven a red hot nail straight through me tendon. As a result of the foolhardiness, I have not raced since the 94.7 and it was only in the last month or so that I've been able to ride at any kind of elevated intensity without pain.

My refusal to sacrifice the few months of hard training leading up to that race has resulted in me loosing nine months and has put me back to the point where I was three years ago fitness-wise.

Thanks guys. Thınk I should fırst go see a sports docter. Then take ıt from there.

Well done , now you being responsible.Good luck with the doc and the race .be good to your body and it will be good to you.

Edited by Iron