Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

Felline second, Nizzolo third. Movistar is celebrating while we can be sure there will be comments about the sense of this tight curve with only 300m to go.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shucks, another sprint finish with a crash.

Hope the riders are okay to continue tomorrow.

:eek:

No rest day just yet as the transfer day to Italia counted as the 1st rest day of the Giro.

The legs must be feeling weary now.

And, tomorrow is a medium mountain stage where all kinds of results are possible

Edited by Puncheur

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I really enjoy the English commentators on the highlights channel. He gets so excited u could be mistaken for thinking your watching motor gp race. Nice for a change from hearing Phil and Paul.

Shucks, another sprint finish with a crash.

Hope the riders are okay to continue tomorrow.

:eek:

I quite feel for cav. He has crashed every bloody day! Im sure He'll abandon as soon as the flat stages are done..

Cav has had some mean crashes in his career. Not all because of other riders switching!! Still he is one tough man. Think he will abandon in this week and defend green at TDF.....

I missed yesterdays event sadly.

Not because I was taking a late afternoon nap as us retired blokes do, but because I was meeting someone who got delayed in a traffic snarl up on our super new 20 billion rand freeways and was delayed by 90 minutes.

Then on my way home I got stuck in the tail end of it for about 30 minutes which resulted in me missing the stage.

Then I sort of watched it on the SS highlights but, "Oh my", what a disappointment, and really just like a readers digest version of William Shakespeare's greatest writings...........anyway I have now pre set the PVR on RAI for everyday until the end of the event.

I missed yesterdays event sadly.

Not because I was taking a late afternoon nap as us retired blokes do, but because I was meeting someone who got delayed in a traffic snarl up on our super new 20 billion rand freeways and was delayed by 90 minutes.

Then on my way home I got stuck in the tail end of it for about 30 minutes which resulted in me missing the stage.

Then I sort of watched it on the SS highlights but, "Oh my", what a disappointment, and really just like a readers digest version of William Shakespeare's greatest writings...........anyway I have now pre set the PVR on RAI for everyday until the end of the event.

Plus watching it on RAI if the racing is boring the commentary in Italian always makes it sound exciting!!

DSTV messed up again. Lucky there is a repeat at 12:45. Hopefully they don't cock that up because I have to go out

Yeah I found the guy quite amusing, I call him the "5km orgasm" cause he gets so excited, not sure what he is going to do when the real mountains begin

Phil and Paul ARE the voices of cycling... From the Roche days through to now.

Don't forget they've given us:

- "Armstrong is ripping the legs off this climber."

- "He's done his job at the front and now he must concentrate on getting his enormous carcass up the rest of the way"

- "There he goes like a homeick angel!"

- "He's dancing on his pedals in a most immodest way!"

- "they are dying like dogs in the gutter today"

- "look at those pistons he calls legs go!"

- "Armstrong is in the middle of a Danish Sandwich!"

- "he's calling down to his engine room, but I'm afraid there's no steam left"

and the all time:

" he's dug into the suitcase of courage"

100% gold.

Best commentary I heard this weekend was in rugby match...

"Cruden is busier than a one legged riverdancer"

But I have to agree, P & P have some real good one liners...and I heard them crop up around other commentators too. Could this be the start of cyclespeak?

Or a clip called "Sh*t cycling commentators say"

DSTV messed up again. Lucky there is a repeat at 12:45. Hopefully they don't cock that up because I have to go out

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Vrot!

Plus watching it on RAI if the racing is boring the commentary in Italian always makes it sound exciting!!

Hehe, what is this "Avio" that the one guy keeps on saying??Every time he is finished talking he says Avio or something and then the other guy starts talking...

Interesting, I saw Cav man going for points yesterday...why is he doing that if he is thinking off quitting early?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE INFORM SUPERSPORT ABOUT ALL THE DISSAPOITED PEOPLE WANTING TO WATCH THE GIRO!!!!!! WE WANT HIGHLIGHTS FROM 18h00 - 20h00

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE INFORM SUPERSPORT ABOUT ALL THE DISSAPOITED PEOPLE WANTING TO WATCH THE GIRO!!!!!! WE WANT HIGHLIGHTS FROM 18h00 - 20h00

Why're you shouting?

:huh: