Worst customer experience i've ever had

lerouc

and more importantly than hijacking the thread, does this guy have a case to be angry or not \?

Another no vote? :unsure:

In my opinion, you shouldn't have acted like a complete **** on Twitter. A friendly phone-call to them would have gone far better for you, and I reckon you would have had a far better experience so far. Yes, you tried to call them. No, you probably wouldn't have gone through to them as it was, no doubt, one of their busiest ever days and considering the stress they were under with having to manually enter everything, and look up their prices manually. Having said that, you could have called them on Monday, and still retained some element of self-respect.

In addition, why didn't you check your receipt, or the amount that you were being charged, upon swiping your card? I know for a fact that all the transactions were recorded manually that day, as their IT system crashed the morning of the sale and they were waiting for their IT guys to sort it out.

So yes, people make mistakes.

If you had talked to them civilly, as opposed to first mouthing off on a public forum such as twitter, then I think you have a right to complain. Considering your plan of attack here, I have no sympathy for you. The customer is only right up to a point, after all...

On another note - have you bothered to pick up the phone and CALL them yet? Or have you just left it to e-mail and hoped for the best?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note - have you bothered to pick up the phone and CALL them yet? Or have you just left it to e-mail and hoped for the best?

Yes i did try and phone him and they said he is not available and i emailed him with my details and asked if he can phone me back but still nothing.

Actually, your rant is justified. I'd also be peeved off if they did this to me. By law (new consumer protection act) they cannot just offer you those options. They have to refund your money asap, and if you choose EFT then they must comply. As a matter of principle, I'd report them to the authorities. Why should you be treated this way?

In general I've usually had snotty service from CWC, be it from unhelpful staff not trying to source products for me, to one staff member refusing that there could be a product called fibre paste for friction setting. These guys also grey market goods, which undermines the suppliers. Their last little try to secure CRC locally was also an attempt to screw all of us.

<Me> you say 20% discount and i got home and checked my slip and 0% discount! wtf?

<them>the slips dont display the discount

<me>im talking about the card slip on the machine or does the abnk "know" about your discount? Do i look retarted?

<them>if it was our mistake, my sencere apology! I would be more than happy to refund u ur credit!! Really sori 4 this

<me>i will email you the details monday morning WITH screen shots of everything before you say im dishonest!

Sorry boet but if someone opened dialogue with me the way you did above I would tell you to piss off whether I am in the wrong or not.

100%

You do the need the credit card details to do the refund not the actual physical card.

From your original phone conversation and the way it is written if someone swears at me then they have lost all credibility no matter if I am wrong. I will also go out of my way to stuff you around if you cannot keep a civil tongue when dealing with what was apparently an honest mistake.

In my opinion, you shouldn't have acted like a complete **** on Twitter.

I did realize this afterwards and did apologize and i haven't been anything but friendly in all correspondence since then. I even got a friend of mine that needed new pedals to go buy from them and tweeted that and tagged them in it.

It was mentioned in post #10 ;)

Ta. Added to list. Although their online store has been on the list for a few years now. I didn't even start a thread about it :o

I agree with CPT Mayhem and XTC.

If someone attacked me like that on Twitter regardless I also would have treated them badly. The way your ranted on Twitter was not the way to handle the situation.

There is no substitute for human interaction. A phone call or a u turn would have sorted your problem out in no time.

Sorry you got shnyed some bucks though.

Yes i did try and phone him and they said he is not available and i emailed him with my details and asked if he can phone me back but still nothing.

Can you not dial him again then?

Yes - you have a right to be disgruntled.

No - you don't have a right to act like a spoilt little child and mouth off like you did on Twitter.

Handle it civilly, and I guarantee you that you'll get further and it'll be sorted out that much faster.

lerouc, I can't help thinking that if your telephone manner is as sarcastic as your written post - the "do you think I'm retarded?" for example - you wouldn't get much joy.

He gave you two options which sound perfectly reasonable as I read it: we can refund you or give you a credit for later purchases. Then you argue and, in exasperation, he asks you how you want it done. I think I might have put te phone down by that stage - I had a friend with a similarly obstinant attitude and I eventually dropped the relationship. Way too stressful.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I'd say 99.9% of Hubbers have only had good experiences with this store, on and offline.

No - you don't have a right to act like a spoilt little child and mouth off like you did on Twitter.

Handle it civilly, and I guarantee you that you'll get further and it'll be sorted out that much faster.

Actually, the OP has resorted to a forum to try and get to the bottom of this as they have been messing him around for 2 weeks now. It's not about being civil, it's about them giving him his money back. All they need are his CC details.

I did realize this afterwards and did apologize and i haven't been anything but friendly in all correspondence since then. I even got a friend of mine that needed new pedals to go buy from them and tweeted that and tagged them in it.

Seems to me that you are of the understanding that your tweets go a long way.

My take, this is not great customer service and yes there will always be three sides to a story (your's, theirs and mine), but what I can't understand, whey come here and tell us all ?

Take it to Hellopeter or sort it out in private, it seems like everyone is of the impression that when they post on a particular forum, they would eventually get the gratification they are seeking.

All that's going to happen, they will come and give their side, they will be backed up by numerous hubbers and you will end up aplogising and walking away red faced with your tail firmly tucked between your legs.

and more importantly than hijacking the thread, does this guy have a case to be angry or not \?

Well, maybe he/she needs to ask first ask himself/herself if he/she maybe falls into the category of "worst customer". As said owner of credit card, he/she is:

1. responsible to check HIS/HER OWN credit card slip.

2. never let a wife/girlfriend/partner check it for you. :D

3. don't punctuate a perfectly reasonable question with WTF. Unless you can prove you have NFI what it means.

Why would you include a banal piece of "punctuation" that is a. entirely unnecessary. b. entirely uncalled for, in a request to sort an issue that was partly your fault in the first place.

Oh. To add. Anyone buying something they 'don't really need', because there was a '20% off sale', and using a CREDIT CARD to do so should be jailed.

Come at me with WTF for something that was simple erratum, I won't be a smiley, happy, the-customer-is-always-right, bunny. You gonna join the back of the queue.

Period.

Either shares, commission or you are Chris Jnr as a double poster

Obviously you have not dealt with South AFrican Airways yet.

Have been trying confirm the luggage limit from them and all you get is the normal "Eish" and hold on..... dingle dangle . and the transfer you to somebody else.

I phonet my Tout at the airport and he confirmed the limit very quickly. That is why I always tip him handsomly when he coerces our baggage through customs.

Mango Airlines are in for a nice letter from me tonight. :thumbdown: