Worst customer experience i've ever had

lerouc

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What i usually do is, work out everything in my head prior getting to the till so that i know what is going on, if something like that happens, helped me alot of times all over even grocery shopping !!!! recently my bike went in for a new front tyre and move the old front to the back, i had the price in my head, and got to the till and suddenly it is 600 more... I just said in a friendly tone, that cannot be correct and we reconned the invoice, so i see they gave me 2 x new tyres, and at the end they said they made a mistake sorry i can have the tyre for free..... friendlyness and awareness helps!!!!

:D The irony of that statement.

CT hasn't quite got to you yet, 'as it mate? Give it a year or two, you will chill.

Unless them squirrels get to you! Nasty beasties.

Who the hell is this guy???

Hey 'Drongo' why are you stalking me? Bit of an obsession with what I'm saying?

Lastley if I were the owner and got a tweet like yours I'd also make it difficult for you get a refund- that will teach you for acting the bollox !

Just hope you not in retail...with that attitude you will not get far. You getting judged by people for not the mistakes you make but how you handle them. :blink:

In retail it is always about customers service/customer is king. That shop will always have business because in our country service is a bonus. When a business gives you a service that you pay for we see that as great service where that is basically a normal service. :(

P.S. Not referring to the shop but in general retail enviroment. :thumbup:

Edited by AuctionLamb

Regardless of their opinion on his civility, they promised a discount, and didn't deliver on that. They owe this person money now, and are not refunding him. They have not chosen to be the better person/company here, and in doing so they have lost much more than they could imagine. I agree the OP should have chosen his words wisely, and tried to be civil from the start, but I also understand how annoying these things can be, and with CWC's 'options' they presented to him, I'd be more than a little upset. You seem to believe they are saints to the cycling industry. I feel strongly otherwise.

Saint is a strong term and probably not fitting for any shop.

Run a poll and judge the outcome on customer satisfaction whether we should be flaming this company or not..

Twitter vs Email.. The sheer fact that this first went to twitter shows motive for bad mouthing the shop. Now it is on a public forum... I think the OP is getting exactly the attention he wanted. <_<

in our country service is a bonus. When a business gives you a service that you pay for we see that as great service where that is basically a normal service. :(

I agree with you here, I even tip quite well when I get a waiter/waitress who should treat me like a customer, which is what they should be doing in any case <_<

In the U.S. I have only had exceptional service and when you feel that you got over and above, you tip, so as a result of that, you always tend to get over and above.

Regardless of their opinion on his civility, they promised a discount, and didn't deliver on that. They owe this person money now, and are not refunding him. They have not chosen to be the better person/company here, and in doing so they have lost much more than they could imagine. I agree the OP should have chosen his words wisely, and tried to be civil from the start, but I also understand how annoying these things can be, and with CWC's 'options' they presented to him, I'd be more than a little upset. You seem to believe they are saints to the cycling industry. I feel strongly otherwise.

The options they presented were perfectly acceptable. He could either have his card re-credited, or exercise the option of having a voucher, which could be used up until the end of November.

It is also the client's responsibility to ensure that they are paying what they should be. Do you check a restaurant bill? Do you check the price you're paying for a new car? Do you check the price you pay for an airline ticket? Why not check the price you pay for a bit of cycling kit, ESPECIALLY when the invoicing system is done manually?

As a business owner I would have to agree and disagree. Firstly yes the customer comes first etc. However when all dignity is lost by the customer, then said customer can go fly a kite, after all the people assisting are just that, they are people, they too have feelings etc. I see this way too often, and in general customers are rude, arrogant and think that the world owes them and they can do what they please.

Just a question. not sure if you mentioned it the price you paid, is it the same as the price of the total value of the goods? I did not understand this part as it was not clear. A slip does not have to indicate a discount, as long as the total is the discounted price.

On the other hand, if you could only get some lube and delivery, we're talking about like R150 here.

I think if you were nice about it they might even have thrown in something for free.

But reading what the guys from CWC usualy say on TheHub, I am surprised at how this is panning out.

Obviously you have not dealt with South AFrican Airways yet.

Have been trying confirm the luggage limit from them and all you get is the normal "Eish" and hold on..... dingle dangle . and the transfer you to somebody else.

I phonet my Tout at the airport and he confirmed the limit very quickly. That is why I always tip him handsomly when he coerces our baggage through customs.

<<HI jack on>>>>

Oom H

het jy en jou wederhelfde nie dalkies SAT 1 Oct daar in Simonstad op julle se tandem gery nie??? Ek kom sweer dit was jou wit baard wat ek so in die verbygaan gesien het...

<<hijack off>>>

If CWC is stuffing the OP around simply because of the way he spoke to them or tweeted about them, then the staff members responsible need to do some serious growing up. In business nowadays, clients often lose their cool and say / do things they shouldn't. A good manager or employee should be sufficiently skilled to ignore the outburst and focus on dealing with the problem. The problem here is firstly the shop was negligent in not applying the discount, and secondly once made aware of the problem, they didn't fix it asap. The story that they must have the card is a load of crap, they can just as easily do an EFT, especially for an out of town client. In this particular case, CWC is wrong, and that's that.

Edited by Falco

Twitter: (Hope this does not offend anyone, a mate posted this and I thought it was kind of funny...)

post-12678-0-31029500-1318337261.jpg