Style of Chain tensioner i used

Iron

I have the Surly tensioner, which comes with a second spring (and admittedly a special price) allowing it to be set up like this. Looks neater and works pretty well.

I couldn't see any difference in wire diameters, so guessing the stiffness is pretty much the same for both.

attachicon.gif289.JPG

Where can I find one of these tensioners?

I need one, Im not entirely happy with my on-one tensioner and dont feel like a mission to hunt for a spring to be made like dubbelbuys did above.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I find one of these tensioners?

I need one, Im not entirely happy with my on-one tensioner and dont feel like a mission to hunt for a spring to be made like dubbelbuys did above.

Got mine from Mikes Bikes.

Paragon sliders lads.....paragon sliders.

Way too many nuts , bolts , bits and pieces . Plain and simple horizontal drop-out , 10 minutes to go from 16 to 20 .

Way too many nuts , bolts , bits and pieces . Plain and simple horizontal drop-out , 10 minutes to go from 16 to 20 .

say whaaaaat, its hardly complex if you can use a hex key.

two bolts, two nuts....hardly effort. Plus horizontal looks hondnaai and makes a racket

say whaaaaat, its hardly complex if you can use a hex key.

two bolts, two nuts....hardly effort. Plus horizontal looks hondnaai and makes a racket

And you don't need to adjust your disc caliper every time you change a ratio with the sliders

Bet I can do that in less than 3 minutes with a set of paragon sliders.....

Readjusting brake location on horizontal sliders (if needed) is a pain compared to the paragon sliders - and I am guessing that a 16 - 20 change will need the brakes moved a fraction.

Bet I can do that in less than 3 minutes with a set of paragon sliders.....

Even I can do it in less than 5 minutes :ph34r:

And one can use a QR on the wheel which makes repairing a flat on the ride much simpler.