E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaques's century nr 41...

Superb!

12th player to score centuries against all the 9 test playing countries.

And he can bowl a bit too... 

Kallis gets his ton whilst Petersen is not out on 95...score 228/2.What an up & down team they are

Perhaps this should be merged with the "cricket......" thread? TNT1?

Alviro on 99* at tea break!

Really laaik this opener...

I just can’t understand how they dropped Alviro for Jacques Rudolph. Alviro hasn’t done anything wrong in the games he played. I understand that Jacques has had a good season in the domestic game, but he just doesn't seem to be able to perform consistently at test level.

Haven't been watching, hard at work, but sounds like the cracking it around. Alviro is world class. Should never have lost his place first time round. Rudolph at 6 could be good. This makes our effort in Durban look even more lame.

Smith should stay though. Solid athlete.

Definately! His indepth knowledge of the other players' energy drink requirements makes him a clear choice for 12th man... but seriously, an average of over 50 is better than what any of our other openers currently manage, so yes. He needs to stay.

Jacques Kallis is about as reliable at the moment as a Landrover

......a week is a long time in cricket?!

Looking good so far, but Im not getting too excited yet. SL still has to bat. The pitch is a belter and it does not look like there is anything in it for the bowlers. If it does not start breaking up on day 3, SL could also score a lot of runs, they have good batsmen too.

They expect the pitch to start detoriorating on day three. If we bat today until after tea we should have a lead of over 500. Then we have three days to bowl them out twice... which theoretically is very possible if the pitch starts playing along. If it doesn't we're drawing another test series that we should've won.

We will panel them. As we should. Playing at home, we should beat them 10 times out of 10. If we play properly. :angry:

Anyone watching Clarke's knock against India? :clap: On 230 now…

Oh yes! About time the batsmen stopped relying on the bowlers getting both the wickets and the runs!!

Love reading some of the commends on Kallis on this tread now.....

224!!!!!!

That’s the thing about being one of the greats of the game...if you have scored more than 12000 runs in test cricket and you are only 1 of 4 players to have ever done it you also get to silence your critics more often than not!!

Wonder how many people in India would call for Tendulkar's head after 1 or 2 bad tests????

Edited by nochain