Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great stuff seeing our proteas really going for the jugular against the world's "NO.1 team". Ruthless, clinical and entertaining.

I think Mr Lorgat must be enjoying it, if we can do the same in the tests I'll be a happy camper.

Hash' became the fastest batsman to 4000 runs in ODIs, getting there in 81 innings. He reached the landmark when he crossed 61 runs in Durban. Amla has taken seven innings fewer than Viv Richards, who held the previous record for the fastest to 4000 ODI.

Cricinfo

Hash' became the fastest batsman to 4000 runs in ODIs, getting there in 81 innings. He reached the landmark when he crossed 61 runs in Durban. Amla has taken seven innings fewer than Viv Richards, who held the previous record for the fastest to 4000 ODI.

Cricinfo

Something special about that guy...remember watching him when he was a laatie at DHS where my boet was. Though to myself that he will go far one day, little did I know.

That was quite pathetic to say the least. Asking for new gloves 12 balls after the drinks break!

and when QDK caught Dohni on the 4th ball of the 20th over he didn't know whether to laugh or cry about it. It was quite comical.

if QDK carrys on like this I think Amla's record might be in trouble..... Wow that kid can swing a bat!!!

Indian batting totally exposed for what they are - flat track bullies

No wonder they wanted a shorter test series and opted to play more games against NZ.

Santa can I please have a couple of green tops for xmas!!!!!!!!

De Kock to replace Petersen top of the test order?

That was quite pathetic to say the least. Asking for new gloves 12 balls after the drinks break!

Well, er, uhm, it does get very humid in Durbs...

Indian batting totally exposed for what they are - flat track bullies

No wonder they wanted a shorter test series and opted to play more games against NZ.

Santa can I please have a couple of green tops for xmas!!!!!!!!

I had a look at Peterson's figures for the last 24 months. He averaged 45 with 4 hundreds and 1 fifty in 24 innings (and 2 not outs with rather small totals to chase). In the last 12 months (10 innings) he averages 25 only. I suspect that if Peterson does not perform in the 2 games against India the selectors will look at QDK to open with Smith in the test side.

The question then should be asked whether he or AB should keep in the test side and if he is to keep, do you elevate Hashim to open with Smith, Kallis at 3 and QDK to come in at 4? I am guessing that the selectors will let AB keep until Smith calls it a day and then drop QDK down to 5 or 6 if he is to keep in the test side. By that time Kallis would have called it a day as well.

Edited by GLuvsMtb

I had a look at Peterson's figures for the last 24 months. He averaged 45 with 4 hundreds and 1 fifty in 24 innings (and 2 not outs with rather small totals to chase). In the last 12 months (10 innings) he averages 25 only. I suspect that if Peterson does not perform in the 2 games against India the selectors will look at QDK to open with Smith in the test side.

The question then should be asked whether he or AB should keep in the test side and if he is to keep, do you elevate Hashim to open with Smith, Kallis at 3 and QDK to come in at 4? I am guessing that the selectors will let AB keep until Smith calls it a day and then drop QDK down to 5 or 6 if he is to keep in the test side. By that time Kallis would have called it a day as well.

Maybe just drop Faf now and put him in at 5,

keep Alviro and as he does generally soak up a few balls before Hash/Kallis come in.

You not losing a fielder as AB will take Faf's place.

Think the sooner we get de Kock in the better for his experience,

it will help as we are the best side in the world as well and helps to blood youngsters into a very positive and strong team.

He WILL be in the SA squad for many years so push him in now.

Maybe a bit early for that. I would definitely bring him in at 7 in the test line up for now..... Like a second Gilchrist.....

QDK does not have the technique to open in test cricket, if they put him in the squad he should bat lower down... ease him into test cricket, the last thing you want is to expose him upfront then after a couple of failures bye bye QDK, this kid is something special but Test cricket is a total different ball game, if your technique has a short coming it will be exposed!

Maybe a bit early for that. I would definitely bring him in at 7 in the test line up for now..... Like a second Gilchrist.....

Agreed

I would also like to see him against the Aussies.Is he a one day wonder or will they work him out