Cricket......

E1A104

Well done Proteas! First they drop Behardien which made me very happy, and then they klap the Aussies AGAIN! Miller was outstanding! Phelukwayo was lucky a couple of times but well done to him too. They showed he's played only 28 A-list games. Is that different to first class (i.e. provincial)?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Proteas! First they drop Behardien which made me very happy, and then they klap the Aussies AGAIN! Miller was outstanding! Phelukwayo was lucky a couple of times but well done to him too. They showed he's played only 28 A-list games. Is that different to first class (i.e. provincial)?

First Class is 3/4/5 Day Provincial, List-A is limited overs (40/50 overs) Provincial

I have felt that Miller had been in form leading up to last night's match. He just got to show how much form he has! Very talented player. I hope his injury isn't too serious and that he can continue to play in the rest of the series.

Dwaine Pretorius also had a decent game and looks like a guy who can play at international level for an extended period of time.

Phehlukwayo looks so at home in international cricket! Bowls well. Reminds me a bit of both Pollock and Klusener with his action. His batting had a nervous start but settled down quickly. He has great balance and good hands - again a bit reminiscent of Klusener. He profited from Aus's poor use of their referral but that doesn't take away from how well he then played. Crucial boundaries at crucial times taking pressure off of Miller.

All told it creates a nice selection headache for the selection panel for the remaining matches and for the Sri Lanka series.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

He profited from Aus's poor use of their referral but that doesn't take away from how well he then played. 

yip..he was out...but that is the way the cookie crumbles and we very rarely are on the positive side of decisions like that

First Class is 3/4/5 Day Provincial, List-A is limited overs (40/50 overs) Provincial

Ah thanks for the explanation. As well as he's done so far for the Proteas, it just had me wondering how he finds himself in the national team after only 28 List-A games....?

yip..he was out...but that is the way the cookie crumbles and we very rarely are on the positive side of decisions like that

I think the Aussies got too caught up in trying to get Miller's wicket they forgot that denying him partners could still win them the game. Miller's innings was so good it got the Aussies far too focused on him rather on what was needed to win the match. The match swung on a small but vital mistake by the Aussies BUT both Miller and Phehlukwayo had to still make good use of that mistake.

Don't whisper it but I think Miller could become a darn good captain in the future!

Ah thanks for the explanation. As well as he's done so far for the Proteas, it just had me wondering how he finds himself in the national team after only 28 List-A games....?

Good form during last season's Momentum One Day Cup which lead to an SA A call up. He performed well on the tour's to Zim and Aus and was given a chance with these matches. He has paid the selectors faith in him back with some good performances.

What's happened to Morne Morkel? Last I heard he was injured, is that still the case? I wonder if he'd make it back into the ODI team if he was fit? If he comes back and AB as well, who do you drop?

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/253000/253097.png

in that list of top 10 highest run chases, aus features how many times? enviable achievements the aussies have!

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/253000/253097.png

i assume the score showing is the amount needed to win rather than the actual winning score from the game?

in that list of top 10 highest run chases, aus features how many times? enviable achievements the aussies have!

but they lost all three times!  :lol:  :P