Cricket......

E1A104

Ho hum, desperately trying not to get too emotional about cricket again. I noticed Amla batting position at 8 reflects his recent form. 

SA cricket definitely taking a beating.....

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho hum, desperately trying not to get too emotional about cricket again. I noticed Amla batting position at 8 reflects his recent form.

SA cricket definitely taking a beating.....

He got a smack to the head

accurate preview on the squad here today

Realistic expectation

Make no mistake, South Africa are going there to win this thing. Two-and-a-half decades of failure at the tournament have not gone down well with fans who have followed this Proteas side ever since readmission in 1991. The harsh reality, however, is that the likes of England and India look a lot stronger on paper. South Africa have gone to the World Cup as favourites before and still fallen short, and this time around they are not in that conversation. Flying under the radar could potentially work in their favour, but the Proteas will still have to win at least five of their nine group games to qualify for the semi-finals. That will be the immediate aim. After that, anything can happen.

I put R100 on them to win it at 10:1

it is REALLY worrying that the SABC has got f@#$all in place to screen this.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Proteas/cwc-2019-sabc-coverage-hangs-in-balance-20190520

i wonder if it will even be on radio

odds to win WC

Bangladesh 150/1

South Africa 9/1

Ja right......

even that is a sad turn of events. in years gone by the team would have traveled to the different countries when commentating. usually meant Manners and the boys had good stories to tell, specially if they were touring the subcontinent and the usual dodgy curry was taking effect... haha

He's there, working!

Just not on the radio.

It seems Andrew Samson is in joburg with the crew, which is odd since the poms seem to have snapped him up for their test broadcasting (maybe he didn't want to do WC and Ashes)

who? this legend - http://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/banner/a_book_and_a_chair_inside_the_life_of_one_of_cricket's_top_scorers.html

4 overs to go, pakistan are heading towards 350

let's see how good this england lineup really is

Not sure many people had Pakistan beating england, especially since they lost 4-0 last month to them and due to the opening round of games (never write off pakistan!).

I've got a feeling this WC is going to get tight, and the race for the 4 semi slots is going to come down to run-rates. I really like the IPL system of play-offs, and am suprised that it hasn't been adopted more as it has been there since 2011 already. It really rewards the teams who did better in the league format.

http://www.cricwaves.com/imageGalary/upload/Serve/agljcmljd2F2ZXNyEgsSCUl0ZW1fbGlzdBjG3IACDA/cricwaves.png

Steyn is out for whole tournament.

Topdeck comes in.

at least he's a left hander.

Really wondering if Vern was not the right guy for the job, given the english conditions. He's been out the picture pretty much since the last WC

edit: Vernon Philander is unavailable due to injury as well.

Edited by Shebeen

Steyn is out for whole tournament.

Topdeck comes in.

at least he's a left hander.

Really wondering if Vern was not the right guy for the job, given the english conditions. He's been out the picture pretty much since the last WC

Protea fire...

post-42568-0-82297900-1559647536_thumb.jpeg

6 out of 7 captains who won the toss chose to bowl first.....

Of the 6 completed matches, 3 have won chasing a score, 3 have lost.

Why the bias in choice to rather chase? I would think you bat first and get a score on the board?

6 out of 7 captains who won the toss chose to bowl first.....

Of the 6 completed matches, 3 have won chasing a score, 3 have lost.

Why the bias in choice to rather chase? I would think you bat first and get a score on the board?

65 ODIs played in the last 4 years in england.

23 won by team batting first

35 by the team chasing.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_fielding_first=1;class=2;filter=advanced;groupby=overall;host=1;orderby=won;spanmin1=04+Jun+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team

more interestingly, winning the toss and deciding to bat first

6 won/16 lost 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_fielding_first=1;class=2;filter=advanced;groupby=overall;host=1;orderby=won;spanmin1=04+Jun+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;toss=1;type=team

SL = 182/8 * (33/50 ov)

Rain has come down.

Afghanistan in with a chance here with the amount of wickets the Sri Lankans have lost in a reduced over match... Would feel bad for them if they get a NR from this...