Cricket......

E1A104

i think you missed a turn-off buddy...

I am a big fan of cricket game. This is a very good initiative. This article looks good. Cricket is all about passion. Not everyone can play cricket. Practice is the main and only key for this game. 

Bangladesh Cricket team roster 2019 might help you. You can get ideas and apply it to build you good career. thanks in advance.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You HAVE to have someone from actual cricket involved. Really disappointing that this didn't work out, but I think he has pushed buttons here. Might come round eventually. If we get rogered by the poms then it could happen sooner rather than later.

https://twitter.com/GraemeSmith49/status/1195002995458674689?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1195002995458674689&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.espncricinfo.com%2F

Amla/Pollock/Biff could have huge to add even if not in the head coach role.

Commentary is lekker, but you don't ever win.

Leave the talkie talkie to okes with cricket brains like makhaya and gibbs  forget i said that actually.

From our recent players, guys who i can think of that are involved in coaching

mckenzie/benkenstein/klusener/ashwell/klusener/boucher/Adams/Robbie P there's probably more.

of the previous generation I can think of only really Kirsten x 2, Jennings, AD and Eric Simons 

My dream team would be someone who can command respect of the players, the public and the admin. Doesn't even have to be an excellent Proteas cricketer (a la Mickey). Then you get Kallis and Pollock as exclusive batting/bowling consultant, let them go do T20 stuff now and then around proteas schedule.

failing that, i'd want this guy in our corner

https://youtu.be/dk_XgnIsM04

Please not Peter Kirsten, he is a pompous arrogant so and so, i speak from experience.

Gary Kirsten has a proven track record, and you would be amazed how actively involved he is in coaching Asian players at his academy in Constantia. the minimalistic/reduced involvement of a being a DoC would suit him perfectly in my opinion.

Benkenstein, please not again. Same goes for Corrie van Zyl, he has been involved with CSA eversince I can remember, its time we cut the dead trees down.

Eric Simons, AD get my vote.

I cannot believe you suggested Paul Adams, REALLY Shebeen my old mate? Did you not pay attention at the massive COCK-UP that resulted from his presence at the Cobras? The WPCA ultmately sacked him because of incompetence, and then they re-employ him at the lower levels/youth development, which in itself as just as big a cockup. WPCA for you... I wont say it. Remember when Adams got appointed, that was the season some small construction company based in Mitchells Plain was the main sponsor (Buildnat Cobras...)... dont start me on the WPCA...

Simons, Biff, G Kirsten are the only sensible candidates.

how the FU.. they interviewe Corrie AGAIN for the DoC role is just plain ridiculous... I give up, im going home...

MSL, this will be the last season of that nonsense, mark my words. 

You HAVE to have someone from actual cricket involved. Really disappointing that this didn't work out, but I think he has pushed buttons here. Might come round eventually. If we get rogered by the poms then it could happen sooner rather than later.

https://twitter.com/GraemeSmith49/status/1195002995458674689?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1195002995458674689&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.espncricinfo.com%2F

Amla/Pollock/Biff could have huge to add even if not in the head coach role.

Commentary is lekker, but you don't ever win.

Leave the talkie talkie to okes with cricket brains like makhaya and gibbs  forget i said that actually.

From our recent players, guys who i can think of that are involved in coaching

mckenzie/benkenstein/klusener/ashwell/klusener/boucher/Adams/Robbie P there's probably more.

of the previous generation I can think of only really Kirsten x 2, Jennings, AD and Eric Simons 

My dream team would be someone who can command respect of the players, the public and the admin. Doesn't even have to be an excellent Proteas cricketer (a la Mickey). Then you get Kallis and Pollock as exclusive batting/bowling consultant, let them go do T20 stuff now and then around proteas schedule.

failing that, i'd want this guy in our corner

https://youtu.be/dk_XgnIsM04

Please not Peter Kirsten, he is a pompous arrogant so and so, i speak from experience.

Gary Kirsten has a proven track record, and you would be amazed how actively involved he is in coaching Asian players at his academy in Constantia. the minimalistic/reduced involvement of a being a DoC would suit him perfectly in my opinion.

Benkenstein, please not again. Same goes for Corrie van Zyl, he has been involved with CSA eversince I can remember, its time we cut the dead trees down.

I cannot believe you suggested Paul Adams, REALLY Shebeen my old mate? Did you not pay attention at the massive COCK-UP that resulted from his presence at the Cobras? The WPCA ultmately sacked him because of incompetence, and then they re-employ him at the lower levels/youth development, which in itself as just as big a cockup. WPCA for you... I wont say it. Remember when Adams got appointed, that was the season some small construction company based in Mitchells Plain was the main sponsor (Buildnat Cobras...)... dont start me on the WPCA...

how the FU.. they interviewe Corrie AGAIN for the DoC role is just plain ridiculous... I give up, im going home...

you misread me there, I was just listing all the players involved in coaching that i know of,am sure you know of more - I wasn't saying if they were good or bad!

I'm obviously very removed from the actual scene, but Mickey Arthur strikes me as a decent coach. The sort of guy who really had to work at his game to get to where he was.G Kirsten was another who didn't have the talent of his brother but ground his way to the top. That's why i feel Biff would be good, and I guess Ashwell fits into this category. Someone with insane talent like Gibbs should never coach, things just always worked for him. I'd be prepared to put AB into this cat too, think he proved with his captaincy that he didn't have the cricket brain to match his batting average.

ps. didn't Gogga Adams win some titles?!

Gogga did win some titles if my memory does not fail me, but so did Peter de Villiers with Jake White's Springboks... you get my drift?

Adams was appointed in 2012'ish and their last title was around 2015. That was the season the guys started complaining about him and his lack of techincal knowledge/man management skills etc etc.

Mickey Arthur as DoC...mmm, im not so sure. Definitely not as coach again, but DoC... maybe. My feeling is we need someone new and fresh, get away from Corrie and Mickey Mouse; Biff would have been PERFECT. Even someone like Gary K or Eric Simons who is still actively coaching and up to speed with the game's developments would be great options. They are both very knowledgeable cricketers.

I fear though that Thabang has made it clear that he wants someone who will dance to his tune, and his tune is a classic Rolling Stones number.

I agree entirely with you on this:

you misread me there, I was just listing all the players involved in coaching that i know of,am sure you know of more - I wasn't saying if they were good or bad!

I'm obviously very removed from the actual scene, but Mickey Arthur strikes me as a decent coach. The sort of guy who really had to work at his game to get to where he was.G Kirsten was another who didn't have the talent of his brother but ground his way to the top. That's why i feel Biff would be good, and I guess Ashwell fits into this category. Someone with insane talent like Gibbs should never coach, things just always worked for him. I'd be prepared to put AB into this cat too, think he proved with his captaincy that he didn't have the cricket brain to match his batting average.

ps. didn't Gogga Adams win some titles?!

Edited by gemmerbal

Friday came and went, Polly quite vocal about the apparent lack of urgency, and rightfully so. How they interview someone who they suspended is beyond me. Tabang Moroe is not confidence inspiring. I suppose the Poms getting klapped once again because they lack the aptitude to bat time, is maybe our only saving grace looking ahead to the upcoming tour. Sometimes I just wish I could walk up to someone and give them a massive PK to wake the hell up.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Proteas/former-proteas-captain-csa-needs-to-move-quickly-on-new-doc-20191125

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrhVfpEsPjk

Edited by gemmerbal

took my son to the game last Thursday at Newlands. First time he's been and my first time in may years. Only went because we live down the road now so an easy walk. I reckon there were less than a thousand people at the game.

took my son to the game last Thursday at Newlands. First time he's been and my first time in may years. Only went because we live down the road now so an easy walk. I reckon there were less than a thousand people at the game.

Who was playing?

And this is from an ex season ticket holder.

A Maverick article came out today saying he hasn't accepted Jack ****... Misinformation by CSA

I would be very disappointed

RIP Bob Willis

Imagine Proccie and Willis in the same team running in from the boundary every time they bowl. I recon they would get about 8 overs an hour between them.

Who was playing?

And this is from an ex season ticket holder.

the Cape something or other against the Durban something else. It was an entirely forgettable experience.