Cricket......

E1A104

I suppose so

Dont bring up AB

Stuff him

Just wishing we had the same class available for Hamza to be able to make an easier transition to test cricket than what he is currently experiencing.

As for AB, it is such a pity that he done things in the manner that he has and quite rightly a good many of us don't particularly appreciate his cynical (and perhaps selfish) choices.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Philander was found to have breached Article 2.5 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “using language, actions or gestures which disparage or which could provoke an aggressive reaction from a batter upon his/her dismissal during an International Match.”

Sauce @ICC

It aint over until it is over.

I refuse to give up hope.

Records are there to be improved upon.

Time for some Protea batting magic.

Would be a world record chase if we do manage it. And since I happen to be a realist let me say that is a mighty big IF. Your optimism in this regard reminds of a certain Bonnie Tyler hit that got used in Shrek 2.

England's 10th wicket partnership 82

Proteas 74/5

Bliksem, there just is no way we can get it is this one.

Best case scenario we make it to 250.

We then bowl them out for 150.

Need 300 to win.

Never going to happen

so let's channel our inner wanderers, and go back to one the all time greatest draws.

a kallis golden duck

a virat motm century and a 90 that was like 35% of india's runs

biff was in charge, AB was keeping and scoring runs., Faf got a slow poison century that took a possible fighting draw to a dead cert victory only for a run--out and then safety first to stuff it up.

vern averaged 18 with the ball and 84 with the bat

Six years on, you will see that India have only lost dhoni(to test cricket) and Zaheer khan. The only guy we have left is the soon to be retiring Faf.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/11866/scorecard/648665/south-africa-vs-india-1st-test-india-tour-of-south-africa-2013-14

India need three wickets, South Africa need 16 runs. Faf looks shellshocked as he goes into the dressing room as Steyn walks out

W
Khan to du Plessis, OUT, Direct hit from mid-off! It was punched to Rahane who picks up the ball and flays down the stumps. Faf dives full length and he is found short of his ground! The rebound hits his grille too. He had nailed that drive and did not deserve to get out on that. What an innings! What an end! What a Test!

F du Plessis run out (Rahane) 134 (395m 309b 15x4 0x6) SR: 43.36

I wonder how much the bookies were paying for that game to be drawn at the end?

That was an insane game of test cricket! Steyn Remover smashed the last ball of the match for six, just to make the draw even more difficult to accept. I would have been inclined to risk losing 1-0 in going for victory, I mean, those kinds of iconic moments don't come around often, when it does, it is my opinion that you should risk it all to go for glory.

so let's channel our inner wanderers, and go back to one the all time greatest draws.

a kallis golden duck

biff was in charge, AB was keeping and scoring runs., Faf got a slow poison century that took a possible fighting draw to a dead cert victory only for a run--out and then safety first to stuff it up.

Six years on, you will see that India have only lost dhoni(to test cricket) and Zaheer khan. The only guy we have left is the soon to be retiring Faf.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/11866/scorecard/648665/south-africa-vs-india-1st-test-india-tour-of-south-africa-2013-14

India need three wickets, South Africa need 16 runs. Faf looks shellshocked as he goes into the dressing room as Steyn walks out

W
Khan to du Plessis, OUT, Direct hit from mid-off! It was punched to Rahane who picks up the ball and flays down the stumps. Faf dives full length and he is found short of his ground! The rebound hits his grille too. He had nailed that drive and did not deserve to get out on that. What an innings! What an end! What a Test!

a kallis golden duck

W

post-27827-0-43212800-1580119708_thumb.gif

a kallis golden duck

W

Khan to du Plessis, OUT, Direct hit from mid-off! It was punched to Rahane who picks up the ball and flays down the stumps. Faf dives full length and he is found short of his ground! The rebound hits his grille too. He had nailed that drive and did not deserve to get out on that. What an innings! What an end! What a Test!

Aaargh... grammar error in a meme... That's like the sin of all sins

Philander was found to have breached Article 2.5 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “using language, actions or gestures which disparage or which could provoke an aggressive reaction from a batter upon his/her dismissal during an International Match.”

Sauce @ICC

Imagine if players like Shane Warne, Glen Mcrath, Allan Donald, Fanie DeVilliers etc played nowadays. That was the norm 20 years ago.

I agree that the whole knobhead thing was too far but showing aggression and staring down someone is/should be acceptable. Leave the okes mother/wife out of the situation and lets keep it real.

If we can somehow get through to close of play today with just 2 or 3 wickets down I would say we are in with a slither of a chance. Any more than that would be tickets for us..

Agree 100% with your comment, and even they were pissies compared to Merv, Marsh, Boon, Healy etc.

The world we live in is run by snowflakes. 

Imagine if players like Shane Warne, Glen Mcrath, Allan Donald, Fanie DeVilliers etc played nowadays. That was the norm 20 years ago.

I agree that the whole knobhead thing was too far but showing aggression and staring down someone is/should be acceptable. Leave the okes mother/wife out of the situation and lets keep it real.

Agree 100% with your comment, and even they were pissies compared to Merv, Marsh, Boon, Healy etc.

The world we live in is run by snowflakes. 

Merv Hughes! Flip how could I forget. That dude and his mustache. He had a serious DILIGAF attitude. I'm pretty sure he even lit up a cigar on the field once.

I agree with previous comments regarding Faf, I think he is finished. However, him and Rassie sure are giving us hope! If they can make it to the close of play without losing another wicket, we actually have a chance to chase that score down!

I agree with previous comments regarding Faf, I think he is finished. However, him and Rassie sure are giving us hope! If they can make it to the close of play without losing another wicket, we actually have a chance to chase that score down!

And I literally just finished typing this, and then: Faf, you can faf off now!!!!!!

W
Stokes to du Plessis, OUT,

F du Plessis b Stokes 35 (92b 5x4 0x6) SR: 38.04

Edited by leeubok