Beware of Giant top end bicycles.

Jurgenbike

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, f*&k me. I'm editing the thread title. WTF is a bicicle? A pair of icicles?

also typed "reciving" in his letter to head office , maybe thats why they ignored him?? just kidding...just kidding!! :huh:

I ride an anthem because i am a big strong dude ,but i dont abuse my bike.If you want stuff to last then dont buy any alu parts.How do you not notice a crank comming apart like that

Right. Stainless steel it is for me then.....

SORTED.

I could well be wrong, but I caught up to a guy at the Sani this yaer with the same bike, with a broken handlbar in the same place. He told me that he crashed into a tree.

Not sure if it is the same guy..?

Me?! :huh:

I don't know enough about this topic to comment so I'd rather stay quiet. No use throwing in useless comments (like this one :rolleyes: )

Mmmmm I'm a bit slow today! You mean my Giant road bike? I'm very happy with my 2011 TCR! And I was happy with the Giant before that and the one before that. My top tube cracked in a Killarney fall, so should I also send letters to everybody? Maybe I can get the new 2012 TCR! And a new Giant 29er! Or I guess this thread isn't about the road bike, but rather the MTB!

Mmmmm I'm a bit slow today! You mean my Giant road bike? I'm very happy with my 2011 TCR! And I was happy with the Giant before that and the one before that. My top tube cracked in a Killarney fall, so should I also send letters to everybody? Maybe I can get the new 2012 TCR! And a new Giant 29er! Or I guess this thread isn't about the road bike, but rather the MTB!

I'm super happy with my 2010 TCR, had it for a year now (nearly) and not a single problem.

Not going to buy another brand of road bike in a hurry. Gonna go for the ISP one in a few years time.

Just find it difficult to believe that something would have so many problems without some of them being down to the user.

I would have put this oke as a 7.6ft giant who kick-starts Jumbo Jets for aliving if he can break RF cranks.

I eat a lot of dirt and I dont break my toys like he does.

Jurgen, are you an only child (giant)?

I could well be wrong, but I caught up to a guy at the Sani this yaer with the same bike, with a broken handlbar in the same place. He told me that he crashed into a tree.

Not sure if it is the same guy..?

Also heard the exact same story when i was at Sani this year.More and more evidence that he is a full of BS.2 things are clear to me dude.

1.You dont take care of your equipment.

2.You dont know how to ride a bike.

Get a set of training wheels for yourself.

Well, I think it can be safely assumed that the OP is talking a bunch of k4k. Not a single entry since the original post.

IMO - no way can you have all those things fail (and quite spectacularly at that) and NOT be riding like a cocktonsil.

TO ALL FELLOW CYCLIST THIS LETTER IS ONLY TO WARN YOU THAT GAINT TOP END BIKES ARE OF A POOR QUALITY AND THE SERVICE IS WORSE THAN SHOCKING. MY AIM HERE IS ONLY TO INFORM YOU OF MY DILEMMA WITH THEM IN THE HOPE THAT IT MAY HELP OR SAVE ONE OF YOU FROM THE SAME FATE.I HAVE ATTACHED MY LETTERS WHICH I HAVE EMAILED TO THE RELEVANT PEOPLE AND WILL TRY AND ATTACHED SOME OF THE PHOTOS OF THE BROKEN PARTS AS WELL. I HAVE LEFT OUT MANY LETTERS AS I SENT ABOUT 10 LETTERS IN TOTAL. I ALSO RECIVED ONE LETTER FROM CHINA AND THEY WERE HORRIFED AT THE SERVICE I WAS RECIVING. HOWEVER WHEN I TRIED TO GET HOLD OF THEM AGAIN THE GUYS EMAIL BOX WAS FULL AND THEY NEVER GOT HOLD OF ME AGAIN.

Dear Michael, (dragon, the offical supplier and MD of Giant)

When we last spoke which was almost a year ago you assured me that I would get the Blue brakes that my bike came with originally - the original brake broke and was a warranty issue. I still have not received this brake, and since then almost the entire bike has fallen apart.

You should not ride your bike with broken brake(s), it causes the bike to stop only when it collides with something. This is really not good for the bike and will not be seem as 'normal wear and tear'

I have attached the letter which I sent to China which mentions all the parts which have now failed. Furthermore, as I’m sure you are well aware the frame of the bike has also broken which was the final straw - the entire bike and all its parts have failed in as little as one year.

I warned you! riding wiffout a brake will break the bike. Now see what yuff done to yer beautiful Top end Giant bike! You know... some people just never learn!

Despite this fact, I have not heard anything from Dragon since the brake issue and even Giant head office (China) has stopped responding. One of the employees from the head office’s email box is too full to take any more emails (find attached). I was going to demand a new bike, as I believe that my bike and all of its parts are inferior. Not to mention the many broken bones torn muscles and other injuries caused by malfunctioning parts. I have had to spend over 1 third of the bikes cost replacing all the parts myself in order to keep riding.

I also bought a bike once which I stopped against a rock. This caused the fork to bend (inferior product), and later when I went 'Kyk Ma, geen hande' I received 3 stitches in my chin for my efforts. Damn inferior product. Can I still sue after 20 years?

I was very surprised that the frame was replaced so quickly (even though in the wrong colour) given the fact that none of the other warranty issues have been sorted out for some time now (it should be noted that the carbon fiber did not crack due to the normal stress on the bike but came apart from the aluminum lug which secures the back shock to the bike) once again proving this was a blatant manufacture problem. Because I now have a new frame I feel I cannot therefore ask for a new bike, as that maybe unreasonable. However, I am requesting that the group set and other parts be replaced with the now proper group set the new Trance comes out with (XTR). I have mentioned my reasons for this in my letter to China (attached)so I do not want to repeat everything again. It is no point replacing the inferior parts with more inferior parts.

Yikes, this is such a good plan... I can get like a top end whatever weighing nothing after 50 year coz I'm gonna add inflathun as well!!!! And now I want a red bike wiff blue skewers as that is all the rage here where I lives.

I am very disappointed with the poor service I have received over the past year as well as the many setbacks I have faced due to a poorly specked Giant product.

Dude you have no idea about the lack of service I received about this bicycle of mine. I'e been sending e-mails for the whole time and NUFFINK! back from them. Damn inconsiderate of them NOT to have e-mail whn I wanted to speaks to them.

Could you please give me a yes or no answer to my request regarding the specs as I am tired of waiting and getting no response from you or China.

Maybe take the swear words out, and pay somebody to translate your incoherent rant to coherent Mandarin. I was tought that anything other than Yes is NO but I knows it is frustrating to be ignored. it works very well on children who throws tantrums.

I believe that it has come time for me to inform my fellow cyclists via the internet of the problems they will face when purchasing “top end” Giant products. From now onwards all correspondents or the lack thereof will be noted on all of the forums and internet sites concerning cycling in the hope of protecting other potential Giant customers from from making the same mistake and suffering the consequences thereof.

Can I see a picture of your flag for this Crusade puhleesh?

I look forward to an amicable solution.

Ami C. Able does not work there, she told me so. It is unfair of you to suggest that she forwards a solution to you for free.

I am bored now. Maybe I reply to other part of letter you writ laters when I haff nuffink too doo

Holy moly that Raceface crank looks like looks like it had a fight with an angle grinder an came off second best ... also asymmetrical. Perhaps said grinder that was used to remove seized chain ring bolts when your bobbejaan spanner couldn't do the job? mere speculation. Certainly does not look like normal wear & tear.

About carbon bars snapping, seen reports of that before from the top dawgs, during falls and hectic activity. Didn't Burry snap his bars at the World Champs?

About carbon bars snapping, seen reports of that before from the top dawgs, during falls and hectic activity. Didn't Burry snap his bars at the World Champs?

I've seen pics of pro's in the seventies snapping aluminum bars in sprints.

Just read the entire thread and my thoughts on the snapped handlebar are the same as JB.

The rest of the story I think is equally BS.

TWO MONTHS: after the brake snapped the seat post clamp stopped working and as a result the seat was not held in place.

How does a clamp stop working???

THREE MONTHS: The seat post clamp was swapped around.

Why? was it facing the wrong way in the first place?

After SEVEN MONTHS: I Started MTB again and my new seat clamp stopped working (again)

NINE MONTHS the bolts that held the crank blades to the frame ripped through most of the lugs during pedaling the large blade is still intact proving that there was no hard knock to the crank itself.

How does the top bit of the bolt hole shear off like that during normal peddling???

Incidentally, the front gear shifter had snapped as well so I had to clime 2000m without a granny gear. I had to buy a new handle bar and shifters from the race mechanics in order to finish the race.

Obviously doesnt carry Allen keys or a multitool or he could have tightened his cable on the derailleur.

I dont think Giant need to justify themselves with an answer. Everyone else is doing it for them.

Edited by gongmech