Your opinion on this bike please ---???

limosine

i thought i must buy a complete bike ??? did not know i can just buy a frame. please tell me more !

Sorry i was thinking of the Canyon range when i posted that :blush:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably one of the best Aluminium road frames out there at the moment. 1150 grams for a size 56 frame is not bad either. Normally the CAAD frames are available on their own..

This thread is useless without pictures.

I would sell the DA derailleurs and shifters and replace them with Sram Red. Brakes too if you're a proper weight weenie.

http://cdn.cannondale.com/catalog/product/cache/330/small_image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/_/c_12_2rax1c_blk.png

other options ? you mean other bikes ? no only this one. i have got a raleigh 7000RC(full carbon)with ultegra---very happy with it---BUT YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS---MY GAT JEUK SOMMER VIR IETS ANDERS. sal ek 'n fout maak om my raleigh te ruil vir 'n caad 10 ?

gaan die caad10 baie harder ry as die carbon raleigh ?

Oh okay...

If I had 20 000 moola, I would get me a fully specced CAAD.

<_<

I have a CAAD10, it is brilliant, in the recent world road champs qualifying in PMB the 35-39 year category was apparently won on the CAAD10.

Got my CAAD10 two weeks ago ~ great bike, only change necessary is the wheels (unless you get the Dura Ace option which comes standard with RS80's)

I paid R 8000.00 at John O'Connor Cycles but the exchange rate may have made it slightly higher. It is BB30 so I had to buy the adapter to take my Campag crank. I have consequently put the FSA SLK BB30 compact on. The adapter was R275 I think, but if you need one, I have one.

With the latest trend towards carbon, Canondale is probably the last of the mainstream manufacturers to produce high end aluminium frames that are still held in high esteem.

Switzerland were the world leaders in watch making and technology. In the 1970s, they refused to embrace the latest digital technology and fobbed off attempts by designers to sell them their digital/electronic designs.

The entire watch industry in Switzerland colapsed, something like 85% of the manufacturers went bang because the whole world wanted to buy digital watches that had alarms and stop watches.

Isn't Cannondale trying to hang on to the old aluminium technology?

Isn't Cannondale trying to hang on to the old aluminium technology?

Maybe, but they are selling a hell of a lot of these bikes, and I have yet to read a bad review of the CAAD10.

With the CAAD range, Cannondale puts money on the balance sheet, and cyclists get a fantastic bike at a good price.

I call that a win win situation.

I paid R 8000.00 at John O'Connor Cycles but the exchange rate may have made it slightly higher. It is BB30 so I had to buy the adapter to take my Campag crank. I have consequently put the FSA SLK BB30 compact on. The adapter was R275 I think, but if you need one, I have one.

That is pretty good value for money!