SSWC SA 2012

divernick

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Full length leopard skin suit lent by Mr Usher.

Ok. Didn't see him at there yet when i finished. There was a dude with a full green suit.

Some info it's kinda fuzzy and blurry but what I remember.

Burry was first coming down the "long drop" decent.

Macky from USA hot on his heels.

My bro and I waited at the split to feed some moonshine to Woppo and Rogey and get some GoPro footage of the lads in front.

Burry comes past first with 6 km to go and no saddle. ( upon chatting to him later he said he took a tumble passing a back marker and saddle broke off)

Mackey was new through the split 30sec back and charging.

He caught Burry with 1 km to go and hit the beer table In front of Burry.

Burry down the last beer faster and crossed the line 2inches in front of Mackey in a photo finish (good thing he rides a 29er)

Some of the other top ten finishers i can remember in no perticular order were; Nic white, Garth (2010 nz winner), Tim kock, Ruaan, henry (SA champ),

Ladies race was dominated by SA champ Amy Mac who was in the top 15 overall.

2013 bid was won by the Italians.

The troop of psycho unicyclists are legends. Riding the entire route. If you think your hardcore on a singlespeed just remember we got to rest our weary legs on the awesome 20min descent. These nutters work harder on the downhills.

Right now I got a big headache courtesy of dangle, danger dassie, Nic white, Amy Mac, divernick, grant usher, Edgar and his boot and my own damn stupidity now leave me alone

I thought i had athlete's foot in my mouth from drinking outta your gumboot but your not an athlete so might just be an alchohol burn.

Damn, that really happened? I thought it was just a hallucination! Felt like Bruce Fordyce's socks in my mouth this morning!

Damn, that really happened? I thought it was just a hallucination! Felt like Bruce Fordyce's socks in my mouth this morning!

Glad to see the dassie made it home. wasn't looking good this morning...